Zay Jones vs Juju Smith Shuster

Teddy KGB

14 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Not quite the same situation. SW didn't struggle to get off the line etc as many rook WRs do. Worse yet, he's wasn't dropping footballs. Fastest ticket out of the league is dropsies and fumbles. It's a huge concern with ZJ, I'd rather see him struggling vs press man than having stone hands. 

Two drops. Thats all Two Drops. 

10 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Let’s not forget, juju has a HOFer throwing him passes while Zay has a running back throwing him passes :D

Yeah, and he dropped a bunch of those passes that hit him right in the hands.  Meanwhile Smith-Shuster's play is elevating him to legend status in a city that has 6 Super Bowl titles.

Smith-Shuster was the better prospect and pick.  Have to wonder is McDermott saw something in JuJu's game that didn't jibe with is idiotic view of "process" or "culture."

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Perry Turtle said:

Yeah, and he dropped a bunch of those passes that hit him right in the hands.  Meanwhile Smith-Shuster's play is elevating him to legend status in a city that has 6 Super Bowl titles.

Smith-Shuster was the better prospect and pick.  Have to wonder is McDermott saw something in JuJu's game that didn't jibe with is idiotic view of "process" or "culture."

That’s what I’m thinking...but we can’t give up on Zay to quickly...some guys are just late bloomers

1 minute ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

On one hand, those guys are studs. On the other hand, you wonder if those guys look a lot better with Ben R throwing to them. Case in point: mike Wallace. Pretty average (to below average) after leaving pittsburgh. 

Emmanuel Sanders has played pretty well in DEN.

59 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

"Another" fail. Ok.

Zay caught everything in college. There was no way to predict he would look like this.

And there’s no reason to believe this is the finished product. And I’m not taking anything away from juju.

Different players on different teams. Let’s see how it plays out. 

47 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Sorry i know more than you.    Are all your neighbors and coworkers that make more than you douches too ? 

I’m sorry life wasn’t better for you.     Shoulda listened to mama.  

Sorry brainiac but Beane did not draft Jones. He wasn't even with the team yet. 

43 minutes ago, bouds said:

Spent two selections to get Jones, that's the worst part about it.

That's the worst part. For a team that's prioritized adding more picks in the '18 draft, they gave up their 2nd and a 3rd to move up 7 spots and take Jones. 

This team, needing so much roster help as they get older, doesn't have the luxury of giving up resources and drafting players who don't produce. 

• Like (+1) 2