Thank You Two Bills Drive, Good Riddance BBMB and Their Mods

BuffaloRush

4 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

There's not that much difference between the two boards.  The BBMB mods would leave you alone as long as you acted like an adult and stuck to football without resorting to profanities.  They merge more threads here while at BBMB they just let the bad threads die out.

They left you alone as long as you acted like an EJ/Whaley ball-washing fanboy, regardless of whether you acted like an adult or used profanity.

• Like (+1) 1

The BBMB has been gone since early March, this Bills are on the cusp of possibly making the playoffs for the first time in 17 years, and here are pages of discontent about ex BBMB Mods posts??  Seriously??  The irony is rich, Im afraid to break this to you all but this chat site is clearly bbmb version 2 and the despised Mods don't even post here LOL GROW UP and Get over yourselves and cheap petty PAST History already....SMH..the common denominator is YOU in the suckage I'm reading here just sayin'.....

Edited by muppy

36 minutes ago, muppy said:

The BBMB has been gone since early March, this Bills are on the cusp of possibly making the playoffs for the first time in 17 years, and here are pages of discontent about ex BBMB Mods posts??  Seriously??  The irony is rich, Im afraid to break this to you all but this chat site is clearly bbmb version 2 and the despised Mods don't even post here LOL GROW UP and Get over yourselves and cheap petty PAST History already....SMH..the common denominator is YOU in the suckage I'm reading here just sayin'.....

May I make a suggestion?

find a new home.  

Seriously, lighten up Francis 

Thumbs up to this thread.  I’ve almost been here since the start and its the one place I can always count on to keep me occupied while taking a dump or bored wherever I may be.  I remember getting my first smart phone and the first thing I thought about was checking the site whenever wherever I wanted.  It hasn’t disappointed.  TSW is a treasure and I thank you mods, for keeping it that way.  Was a tough year with the BBMB imploding.  You guys did a great job of filtering out the trash.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I agree with the OP, although the BBMB had a bunch more members, it was always bickering, the mods gave out infractions for the weirdest stuff. No need here as most of the posters although we may not agree on everything at least will state why they don't agree and give their own opinions instead of calling you out. It's a breath of fresh air here, great job by all involved.

6 hours ago, Gugny said:

Other than the unsolicited dick pics I get every week from a few users, this place is alright.

Sorry dude, I always assumed you were a woman! 

2 hours ago, muppy said:

So you were a mod? 

• Haha (+1) 3

9 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

OK BuffaloRush, what’s your “real” screen name?? NervousGuy? JustJack? Probably BuffaloBill. 

NG laughed to throw you off. It’s not checkers, it’s 3-D chess to him. He’s a message board ninja! 

3 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Oh No you dint!?

Clearly, he did....

8 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

Calling BS on that @Doc Brown.  There's a huge difference. The phrase "acted like an adult and stuck to football" is completely subjective.  Many fans on here have gotten banned  or infractions for expressing a negative opinion about the Bills players, coaches, or the organization as a whole  I personally know from my own experience.  I once got banned for calling Ralph Wilson a "cheap skate" for hiring Dick Jauron despite the fact it was well-known he frowned on spending money on coaches or front office staff.  

The other problem is that mods had their own agenda and enforced their own rules. They were very inconsistent in enforcing the rules consistently on all members.

The main difference is that the moderators here are extremely laid back and cool.  They also aren't affiliated with the Buffalo Bills nor do they work under someone who is emplyed by the team.  The only time they step in is when its warranted.   

For that I'm thankful - we can talks Bills football here without having to worry about the petty repercussions  

Maybe I got lucky then as I spoke ill of every Bills coach since Greg Williams on that board.  I criticized Ralph for being cheap in not going after the big name coaches.  I only got one infraction and the mod gave me a thorough explanation why (it was a stupid gif of Brady yelling a profanity on the bench that you could only lip read) and I was fine with them just giving me a warning.  I'll take it from you though as others like you had different experiences. 

The main thing I like about this board is fewer people and I'm sure we ruined that as BBMB just disappeared out of thin air and we all had to get our fix elsewhere.  The upgrades this board just went through were outstanding for whoever designed it.  

7 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

Well, yes and know.    Frankly, I think BBMB had better football discussions in its best threads, and it was much worse than here in its worst threads.   There are a lot fewer jerks here.   I suspect that's because the owner and mods here have the ability to ban the bad actors and keep them off.   

It's nice to have a place to talk with serious fans. 

Yeah.  I'd agree with that and the ratio of knowledgeable posters to horrible posters is definitely better on this site.  I don't mind trolls as long as they're good at it.  The best and funniest troll poster in all my time there was Jay Fiedler.

4 hours ago, Rob's House said:

They left you alone as long as you acted like an EJ/Whaley ball-washing fanboy, regardless of whether you acted like an adult or used profanity.

I was there long before EJ and started a thread the night he was drafted about how the Bills made a horrible mistake.  I also was very critical of Wilson's decision to hire Marv Levy as GM because it was the comfortable thing for Ralph to do.  No warnings from the mods.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

^ agreed.  In my opinion, the mods were a huge problem

I'll second that. Mods over there were completely crazy. Probably not all of them, but definitely some of them.

Myself personally, I like to look at us Bills fans as one big happy (ok, sometimes not so happy) family and when you disrespect a mod from one Bills forum you disrespect them all in my humble opinion. The integrity of the team had to be upheld on the official site making an already difficult task even harder IMO.

Have a Safe and Happy New Year/Era everyone!

Go Bills!!!

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Maybe I got lucky then as I spoke ill of every Bills coach since Greg Williams on that board.  I criticized Ralph for being cheap in not going after the big name coaches.  I only got one infraction and the mod gave me a thorough explanation why (it was a stupid gif of Brady yelling a profanity on the bench that you could only lip read) and I was fine with them just giving me a warning.  I'll take it from you though as others like you had different experiences. 

I was there long before EJ and started a thread the night he was drafted about how the Bills made a horrible mistake.  I also was very critical of Wilson's decision to hire Marv Levy as GM because it was the comfortable thing for Ralph to do.  No warnings from the mods.

You were lucky. Plenty of people got banned for literally no reason at all.

11 hours ago, Gugny said:

Other than the unsolicited dick pics I get every week from a few users, this place is alright.

Speaking of which, sorry for not sending mine last week. I have a suspicion my wife is checking out my messages. So I will lay low for a couple weeks.

6 hours ago, NewEra said:

Thumbs up to this thread.  I’ve almost been here since the start and its the one place I can always count on to keep me occupied while taking a dump or bored wherever I may be.  I remember getting my first smart phone and the first thing I thought about was checking the site whenever wherever I wanted.  It hasn’t disappointed.  TSW is a treasure and I thank you mods, for keeping it that way.  Was a tough year with the BBMB imploding.  You guys did a great job of filtering out the trash.

So are you taking a dump while texting this?

• Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Da webster guy said:

i'm still mad at this board for stripping me of my proud 3,000 plus posts and making me start from scratch because I couldn't find my password when they switched to the new format. 

did it so long ago i forgot what it was, i remembered a part of the password but they didn't care.   wouldn't let me sign in so I had to create a new user.  I think I'm still on probation as a nuuuube.

showed no respect for old guy dementia.   

yep.  i just looked.  77 posts

most of it gold.....

Lol 3000

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I’ve had 2 warnings here.  

Once in the beginning when I joined after the shutdown of the BBMB I was warned for opening a OTW type thread on the main board and another for creating a Halloween costume style thread in OTW that someone else turned political and was moved to the PPP.  So I got a hard warning but no points.   

The mods have been very fair.   

12 hours ago, muppy said:

6 hours ago, MJS said:

You were lucky. Plenty of people got banned for literally no reason at all.

Yeah, i remember when the mods started picking off posters one by one, making sure they got perma-banned over nothing..........i was almost there a few times, but i argued the ever-changing interpretation of the CoC.

Live by the CoC, die by the CoC.........you can't have it both ways.

2 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Like this site.  And liked BBMB.  Was on there for years without a single infraction.

When  you signed up for either they gave you rules.  Follow the rules and you were fine there and fine here

The problem was the ever-changing interpretation of the CoC by the mods.

It seriously got to the point where members didn't even actually know what the rules were anymore cause the mods were trying to interpret the rules as to the way they saw it and the way they interpreted the CoC.