ESPN Insider: EJ Gaines Will Get Paid More Than You Think in 2018

26CornerBlitz

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

He’s good and I’d like to see him stay but it seems like this dude gets injured nearly every week. 

he gave up the body big time on a hit on the fins TE... he's really a gamer but he's fairly slight of build.   He 's a baller.    2 year deal me says, with a lot of playing time bonuses.  

Edited by 8-8 Forever?

He's a great system fit and if we are able to retain him and he remains semi healthy, it will end up being a trade that we end up fleecing the Rams.   Of course, those are some big if's. I'm hoping we offer him a deal, 5 year $35M with $20m guaranteed.  That's what I believe he's worth.  

Despite his injuries, he ended up being much more valuable to us than Watkins was with the Rams.  Simply put, he was a better player than Sammy.

Edited by Magox

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

?? 

Seriously? The guys good for about 8 snaps a game before getting hurt and being out for three weeks and then repeating the process. 

Yes, he was a better and more valuable player for the Bills than Sammy was this past season for the Rams.

until tre white emerged, i would bet the plan was to go hard to keep Gaines.

from what i understood Gaines was going to be a big part of our 2018 offseason in targeting him.  when the rams offered a pick to get watkins the bills threw back to ask for gaines.  rams said ok.

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Speak for yourself because he's been a difference maker when on the field. 

That may be true, but the article was prompted by a false premise.  Were you wondering what he would be paid before you read that?

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

That may be true, but the article was prompted by a false premise.  Were you wondering what he would be paid before you read that?

This isn't the 1st time the subject was brought up which is why I linked it.  If it's not of interest to you so be it. 

16 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I was.  It was a topic on the Howard Simon show a couple days ago, so I've been thinking about it.  

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

The guy gets hurt EVERY SINGLE GAME.... I'm surprised there isn't more outrage about that considering the ridiculous over the top and exaggerated criticism of Sammy Watkins injuries. 

I think the Sammy hate around here had more to do about his "lil jobs" comment. People were way too sensitive about that. 

Scott, 2018 New Years Resolution...put down Sammy's jock. Good Luck