Terry Pegula: "We Have to Fix Replay"

26CornerBlitz

But everybody I talked to -- and they're not Bills fans and they're not necessarily anti-Patriots -- they're all baffled by that call, which just wasn't consistent with what replay [should be].

Let me lay this out for you...

In a close game in New England, in which the Pats can clinch the #1 seed in the playoffs, the away team scores a touchdown to take the lead in the last seconds of the half where the receiver taps both toes in bounds while stretching out to catch the ball.  Is the league going to let the call stand, or overturn it on review?

Who all is baffled by that call?  I'm not.  It's exactly what you expect to happen in that situation.

• Sad 1

Good for Pegula. Glad to hear him speak up. The TD reversal was BS.

Actually, the Patriots got every single questionable call that game, and it’s not like they need the help! 

For example – watch that replay where Brandon Cooks literally bear hugs Micah Hyde and somehow Hyde gets called for pass interference.
At the end of the 3rd quarter, there hadn’t been a single solitary flag thrown against the Patriots… 

That overturned touchdown didn’t end up being the difference in the game, but it absolutely changed the momentum of the game. The Bills had all the momentum at that point and should have gone into the half with a lead. But instead they went into halftime feeling like they were not only playing the Patriots, but the referees as well (and many said as much). That isn’t right. 

The Pats most likely win that game anyway. They took over the game as it went on. They are by far the better team. But the Bills still shouldn’t have to battle the refs and the Patriots, too. They were fighting for their playoff life and to break a 17yr playoff drought and it's like the NFL did what they could to make sure the drought continues...

It’s not fair when the refs give every single break to a team who doesn’t need any breaks to begin with (the Patriots). The Bills aren’t good enough yet to overcome the Patriots and the referees and the replay review process being turned against them.

Just call the game fairly, that’s all I ask.

Oh, and fix this stupid catch rule. Benjamin caught the damn ball, that's all that should matter. 

5 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Let me lay this out for you...

In a close game in New England, in which the Pats can clinch the #1 seed in the playoffs, the away team scores a touchdown to take the lead in the last seconds of the half where the receiver taps both toes in bounds while stretching out to catch the ball.  Is the league going to let the call stand, or overturn it on review?

Who all is baffled by that call?  I'm not.  It's exactly what you expect to happen in that situation.

Yup.  As soon as they started looking at it we all knew it was getting overturned.  

This just in.....

If this were Jerry Jones team he would of made such a huge deal about it in all media platforms that it would of brought the topic to another level of investigation. Im all for owners not speaking to the media all the time, but when your owner never says anything about the blatant lack of meaningful calls against that team, it really starts to make you think why you even bother to care, when the Billionaire owner dosent?

Watch the Patriots get jerked on calls now that they have their first round bye and homefield advantage. The league will do it just to say that the Pats get screwed over too!

1 hour ago, Idandria said:

Yea Terry, that’ll turn your loser franchise around. 

Replay really needs to be fixed to prevent people from giving up on the NFL. 

Im already looking forward to the XFL coming back. I will truly give it a shot. What happened to the Bills and Steelers really make me want to find something new

And the other funny thing about it is both calls were made playing against the Pats. Go figure.....

2 hours ago, westerndecline said:

I hate saying this,

But until we get a real qb here we wont be getting calls. 

Anyone see tt get blasted.with no call also

Along with the first.down marker being the end zone apparently...

That's like saying that if poor people would get more money, they could contribute more to PACs so the politicians will start to pass legislation that doesn't screw them over.

The rules should apply universally. The field is supposed to be level.

3 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

That's like saying that if poor people would get more money, they could contribute more to PACs so the politicians will start to pass legislation that doesn't screw them over.

The rules should apply universally. The field is supposed to be level.

Ur talking about idealism

Unfortunately thts not the world we live in

See Michael Jordan

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

How the f### does this relate to who gets the call? In case you forgot, it was ruled a TD on the field. You don't reverse a call because one team is 12-3 and the other is 8-7. This is the dumbest excuse I've read yet!!!  God, the self-hate on this forum is mind-boggling.

As for Terry speaking up, good for him. He needs to stand up for this franchise getting crapped on by the league. He is one of it's wealthiest owners and every franchise is worth a half-billion more thanks to him.

Its reality man... Just like a pretty girl getting all the breaks or mj or gretzky

Institutions protect the stars

Get over it

We need a real qb

9 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

This doesn't happen anywhere on Earth. Why should football be different?

The only way things change is when the people demand a change. If you're willing to just bend over and take it, then they'll be happy to keep screwing you.

10 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

The only way things change is when the people demand a change. If you're willing to just bend over and take it, then they'll be happy to keep screwing you.

Let me rephrase, this has never happened anywhere on Earth in the history of man.  Realize the game is rigged to keep the top at the top.  It resets every now and again when someone sets the game board on fire but it eventually resorts itself with a different group at the top for awhile.  Nobody gives a **** what "the people" say until the people start showing up with guillotines.