Rob Gronkowski doesn't forget Bills passed on him

Bill51390

3 minutes ago, inaugural balls said:

...coupled with your hindsight. 

GMs are paid to have foresight. That's how winners are built. This is usually lost on excuse makers trotting out old chestnuts about hindsight. These GMs are supposed to be different than you or me. . Otherwise, just buy Kipers draft guide and make your pick. 

One thing I never understood about passing on Gronk is the hometown connection.      Ive seen too many guys lately go up to the podium and not exactly be thrilled we picked them.  

Here was a local boy who would of loved playing here but Foghorn Leghorn Catfish Nix didnt see it.

He says every time he plays the Bills, he thinks about how they passed him twice in the 2010 draft.  I can see him being upset we passed him in the second, but nobody had him ranked as high as top 10 first round, which is where we picked.  How stupid is he to be mad we passed on him in the first?  Everybody did.  By the way, both mocks I found from 2010 had New England taking him in the 2nd.  They needed a tight end, and Jermaine Gresham was gone.  He wasn't the top ranked one in the draft.

Without Brady, would Gronk still be a star?  I doubt it.  Is Gronk mad that New England passed him in the first as well?  He's very lucky he went where he did.  What if he'd gone to Cleveland?  

I'm tired of that guy.  

Is Brady mad at New England for passing him at least 5 times in the draft?   Was Jason Peters mad at every team for not drafting him?  Hey, how about get up in the morning and thank the lord you're playing in the NFL, and go be nice to somebody?

Well, I get it.  Gronk is not a hold-back kind of guy.  He loved the Bills growing up and was really disappointed not to have been picked.

But as much as he's mad that the Bills didn't pick him, every Bills fan is even angrier.  Or maybe disappointed is a better word.  What a weapon he turned out to be, and who knows whether the Pats have as much success as they have without him, and who knows how the Bills would have done with him. 

I guess critical thinking and math are not his strong suits. 32 teams passed on him in 1st and one of them was the Pats.  Then 9 more teams passed on him in 2nd round.

Selective anger. Fine we get it. Buffalo area was your initial home. But you moved to PA while still in high school, so why not hate on the Eagles and Steelers also?

On 12/25/2017 at 2:00 PM, nuklz2594 said:

i believe we passed on him due to back surgery and back issues

That's the reason he slid down a lot of teams draft boards. Ironically, the Bills drafted a DT with a back injury and instead of opting for him to have surgery and miss his rookie year, they encouraged him to play through it. He tried but he was nowhere near 100% during any point in his time with the Bills. His injury worsened during his rookie year and even after numerous surgeries he never got right and just couldn't play after that.

54 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

That's the reason he slid down a lot of teams draft boards. Ironically, the Bills drafted a DT with a back injury and instead of opting for him to have surgery and miss his rookie year, they encouraged him to play through it. He tried but he was nowhere near 100% during any point in his time with the Bills. His injury worsened during his rookie year and even after numerous surgeries he never got right and just couldn't play after that.

But that name is intimidating:  Imagine having to face a guy named TORELL TROUP!  Just like Kujo!

Edited by KW95

Imagine if we had Gronk and Mack. 2 elite talents. 

6 minutes ago, wppete said:

We decided to draft Terell Troupe over Gronk. 

Passed on a guy with back injuries for another guy who retired early because of back injuries. That is Buffalo. 

I don't care what Gronk says, I know for a fact he declined a pre-draft visit with Buffalo. He didn't want to be here or at least made it seem that way. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Imagine if we had Gronk and Mack. 2 elite talents. 

Passed on a guy with back injuries for another guy who retired early because of back injuries. That is Buffalo. 

I don't care what Gronk says, I know for a fact he declined a pre-draft visit with Buffalo. He didn't want to be here or at least made it seem that way. 

I didn’t know he declined a pre-draft visit.