CNN losing credibility as each day passes... Its pure propaganda at this point

29 minutes ago, row_33 said:

you saw him in both

and you are asking me?

i don't have those kind of powers....

and yeah, you had to be there because Doc will get no love at all going forward

on the other hand, Dwight Howard will be worshiped 100% in about 15 years based on his stats.

I thought by your comment that you had to be there to understand meant you were and thought I was not.

There was an ABA team in Dallas called the Dallas Chaparrals which became the San Antonio Spurs.  My Dad sold the printing to them so he got us free tickets a lot.  We went down to SA to see him once with Geroge Gervin.  He was an amazing player as well.  We went to a lot of games.  We saw them play against the Dr. several times.  Then they moved and later the Mavericks started up in 1980.  I watched his 76er games when they were on TV.  Then I went to several Mavericks games vs 76ers and the Dr.

He was better IMHO.

Edited by reddogblitz

On 8/9/2018 at 12:29 PM, reddogblitz said:

I thought by your comment that you had to be there to understand meant you were and thought I was not.

There was an ABA team in Dallas called the Dallas Chaparrals which became the San Antonio Spurs.  My Dad sold the printing to them so he got us free tickets a lot.  We went down to SA to see him once with Geroge Gervin.  He was an amazing player as well.  We went to a lot of games.  We saw them play against the Dr. several times.  Then they moved and later the Mavericks started up in 1980.  I watched his 76er games when they were on TV.  Then I went to several Mavericks games vs 76ers and the Dr.

He was better IMHO.

Ice is another forgotten great of many moons ago

bill Simmons mentioned a great who was known to ingest a lot of coke before a game and easily dominate and was branded with a known nickname about his habit, but I’ve never seen the name given 

GG eventually had some issues....

Sugar was another nickname possibility but there was no mystery about those named Sugar.

Edited by row_33

A_Yz-W2Z_bigger.jpgHadas GoldVerified account @Hadas_Gold
FollowFollow @Hadas_Gold

Talked about this on @ReliableSources - these efforts should be commended - but what will actually move the needle is greater news literacy - starting in school - and more on the ground education campaigns that show how and why reporters do what they do http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/tv/2018/08/12/will-these-editorials-make-a-difference-rs.cnn.html …

It amazes me that these people still think the issue with media distrust is with the audience.

blind-media.jpg

2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

"It's illegal to read the Wikileaks documents..."

This pervert also said it's ok for your 12 year old daughter (if you have one, but I mean anyone with a 12 year old daughter) to have them see a man's dick.

I am not for advocating firings or boycott's, but with a comment like that, this perv shouldn't have been allowed anywhere near a TV, radio or women for that matter.

How can anyone ever take what that guy ever says seriously?

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

"It's illegal to read the Wikileaks documents..."

This may be the most irresponsible thing I’ve ever heard from a news host. What Cuomo is saying here isn’t moral and isn’t right and you can tell that even he doesn’t quite believe the BS he’s shoveling because he cheats.

Let’s start with “all punches are not equal.” That’s often true as a matter of law. A punch or even a bullet fired in self-defense is not the same as one fired in an assault. The law tends to treat the aggressor more harshly for violating the peace in the first place and to respect the right of the victim to defend him or her self from the other person’s blows with reasonable force.

And here’s where Cuomo is cheating. He asks “when someone comes to call out bigots and it gets hot, even physical, are they equally wrong as the bigot they’re fighting?” In his scenario, both sides are fighting and no one is really responsible. So his answer is that the racist people are more wrong in a moral sense. My answer to the same question is: It depends on who actually started the fight. The person who threw the first punch is the person who turned a protest into a riot. And if that person was from Antifa, then they are in the wrong.

That doesn’t mean the Nazi’s on the other side are good people. They’re not. I’m not defending racists except in this narrow sense: In America, everyone has the right to speak without being punched. And because that’s the line, it matters who crossed the line to violence first.

The problem with defending Antifa is that they openly admit they intend to cross that line as a guiding principle of their activity. It’s not something that just happens when things get hot as Cuomo frames it. Antifa are not showing up for protest and possible self-defense. They are striking first in order to silence people. That’s wrong and it’s dangerous to suggest that maybe it’s not wrong because the people getting punched probably had it coming.

In any case, this has nothing to do with what happened this weekend in Charlottesville or Washington, DC. Antifa members were getting physical with reporters, not Nazis. They did this with zero provocation except that some reporters were filming them. Chris Cuomo should know this but he apparently does not: Antifa consider photos and video grounds for violence too, because those things endanger the anonymity that gives them the freedom to break the law in other ways. It’s not just petty bad behavior, the harassment of the media is part of their whole modus operandi. They rough up reporters so that they can punch Nazis (and set fires and all the other things they do). Their treatment of reporters and their hatred for the police is part of the package you’ve just labeled as being the side of good, Chris Cuomo.

Again, I’m not denying the racists are moral scum. But if the racists march (and make fools of themselves) without getting violent, that’s legal. If Antifa shows up to attack them and the police defending them and the reporters covering them, that’s both illegal and immoral. The fact that Antifa hate bad people doesn’t make up for that.

MORE AT THE LINK;

https://hotair.com/archives/2018/08/14/chris-cuomos-confused-deeply-stupid-defense-antifa/

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, joesixpack said:

Oh REALLY.

Someone tell me again how the media isn't dangerous?

The only disagreement, I think, comes from wanting to clarify the statement. "The media" isn't dangerous as an entirety. But elements/Individuals within the media, or exerting control on the media, are absolutely dangerous. Cuomo is one such individual. Zucker, head of CNN is as well. Individual elements can be exposed, prosecuted, and otherwise handled without decimating the entire fourth estate.

Of course that last bit is difficult because even the members of the media who aren't dangerous rally around their own when they hear "the media is the enemy" - as they should. So, it falls on the people pushing for change/exposure of those dangerous elements to be very precise with our language. The media has a very important role to play, and it's certainly true to a large extent they have failed in that role especially of late. But we can't throw out the baby with the bathwater. 

imo

10 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The only disagreement, I think, comes from wanting to clarify the statement. "The media" isn't dangerous as an entirety. But elements/Individuals within the media, or exerting control on the media, are absolutely dangerous. Cuomo is one such individual. Zucker, head of CNN is as well. Individual elements can be exposed, prosecuted, and otherwise handled without decimating the entire fourth estate.

I suspect Joe's take, and it's a take I can get on board with, is that the left (including the media) has been simply outstanding at pointing to a couple of trouble makers and declaring that those troublemakers represent EVERYONE on the right.

So it's fitting, and quite a bit satisfying, to see the media trying to stop the growing consensus that "elements/individuals within the media" who could be considered enemies of the people also represent EVERYONE in the media. If one is the enemy, they're all the enemy.

We both know that's not the case, but like I said...fitting and quite a bit satisfying to watch their tactic turn on them.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Freedom is dangerous, Joe.

But not nearly as dangerous as fascist dictatorships with empanelled ministries of truth.

Good! So, I'd like to exercise my right to free speech and call for every decent american to find Chris Cuomo and throw rocks at him.

3 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

I suspect Joe's take, and it's a take I can get on board with, is that the left (including the media) has been simply outstanding at pointing to a couple of trouble makers and declaring that those troublemakers represent EVERYONE on the right.

So it's fitting, and quite a bit satisfying, to see the media trying to stop the growing consensus that "elements/individuals within the media" who could be considered enemies of the people also represent EVERYONE in the media. If one is the enemy, they're all the enemy.

We both know that's not the case, but like I said...fitting and quite a bit satisfying to watch their tactic turn on them.

This guy gets it.

It's a moral imperative to call the left out on their hypocrisy. If we allow them to continue to spout their venom, then no one right of, say, Mitt Romney will ever be safe.

2 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

That's not freedom of speech.

You don't have the right to incite targeted violence.

That's EXACTLY what Chris Cuomo just did. On a "sanctioned" media platform.

Oh, and look! Here's another leftist calling for right-wing speech to be silenced:

https://www.newswars.com/cnn-article-accuses-infowars-of-being-complicit-in-domestic-terror/

2 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

That's EXACTLY what Chris Cuomo just did. On a "sanctioned" media platform.

Oh, and look! Here's another leftist calling for right-wing speech to be silenced:

https://www.newswars.com/cnn-article-accuses-infowars-of-being-complicit-in-domestic-terror/

He expressed a bad opinion.  He did not incite specific and targeted violence.

There's a very real legal difference, Joe.

I don't think Chris Cuomo is a good person, and I have no respect for him, but what you said, and what he said are entirely different.

He expressed a bad opinion.  He did not incite specific and targeted violence.

<_<

You seriously believe that? That's disappointing. That's like someone doing this:

"Well, it would be a shame if someone threw punches at 'bigots.' " *wink, nudge*

6 hours ago, DC Tom said:

I disagree with Cuomo.  So...I have his permission to hit him in the head with a baseball bat?

It is funny to me that the Antifa dweebs carry baseball bats because looking at them you can tell they had an aggregate batting average of .038 in Pony league.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, row_33 said:

Reminders of the summer of 2016 with riots and dead police officers in Dallas and Don Lemon shrugging it off as no big deal

i

Don Lemon doesn’t have the moniker of “worst journalist of the year” for nothing.

He fully earned that.

And among other things, he is a complete race-bating homo whore.

4 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Don Lemon doesn’t have the moniker of “worst journalist of the year” for nothing.

He fully earned that.

And among other things, he is a complete race-bating homo whore.

I'll ask you again, why do you care who he !@#$s?

Why do you believe it's appropriate to designate his sexuality as a pejorative?

8 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

I'll ask you again, why do you care who he !@#$s?

Why do you believe it's appropriate to designate his sexuality as a pejorative?

I said this in another thread.

You do realize the gay community hates Trump more than anyone, right?

10 minutes ago, njbuff said:

I said this in another thread.

You do realize the gay community hates Trump more than anyone, right?

Does it?  Homosexuals are a monolith?

Or is that just you making unfounded generalizations about a group you've decided to "other"?

Why not say the same about blacks, or Hispanics, or women?

Which still doesn't explain why you think it's appropriate to use sexual orientation as a pejorative.

Does it?  Homosexuals are a monolith?

Or is that just you making unfounded generalizations about a group you've decided to "other"?

Why not say the same about blacks, or Hispanics, or women?

Which still doesn't explain why you think it's appropriate to use sexual orientation as a pejorative.

My God, this is what I mean.

If you can't take criticism, then one shouldn't criticize.

For the 37th time............................... the gay community hates Trump more than anyone and THEY will get called out on it.

8 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Try the decaf, Tasker

or the Thorazine 

He's right, actually. It brings no value to the discussion, but gives the left the ammo they need to show conservatives as intolerant homophobes.

5 minutes ago, njbuff said:

For the 37th time............................... the gay community hates Trump more than anyone and THEY will get called out on it.

There is also a large gay conservative community who support Trump. Are they fudge-packers, too? Or they're the acceptable type of fudge-packer?

See what we mean? The pejoratives tied to sexual preference bring no value to the discussion.

Edited by LABillzFan