Does your hatred of Pats for some get watered down by previous history?

Bing Bong

11 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

True, but back in the day, I remember thinking the Fish got a lot of calls because Shula was on the competition committee.  Still, in retrospect, I did not loathe Miami the way I despise the Pats***.  Even when we were 0 for the decade, we played the Fins close in a lot of games.  I think we came closest to beating them their 17 - 0 season.

Good memory.  My old man would bring that up every Bills Dolphin game.

13 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

True, but back in the day, I remember thinking the Fish got a lot of calls because Shula was on the competition committee.  Still, in retrospect, I did not loathe Miami the way I despise the Pats***.  Even when we were 0 for the decade, we played the Fins close in a lot of games.  I think we came closest to beating them their 17 - 0 season.

I will always hate Miami always. Two names: Brian Cox and Louis Oliver.

Bills Patriots has never been much of a rivalry. It's been more of a one sided beatdown for a decade and a half. While I wasn't paying much attention to 0 for the 70's ( too young for most of it) I was definitely aware of it later. The Bills and Dolphins were mostly battling for AFCE supremacy during the Kelly era, so the rivalry was heated and intense. There was a reason it was always known as " Miami week" when they came up on the schedule. The Bills have largely been a rivalry - free franchise during the duration if the drought. They just haven't been good enough to have any. That said, I hate the Pats more than I've ever hated the Dolphins. And that's saying something. 

Edited by Boatdrinks

13 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

I will always hate Miami always. Two names: Brian Cox and Louis Oliver.

Well, despising the Pats*** does not preclude hating Miami.  Easy to strongly dislike the figures you mention, but Shula and Griese, even Marino were not objectionable the way Golden Boy and the Sith Lord are.

48 minutes ago, stevewin said:

I lived through the Dolphin domination of the 70’s, and my hatred for those teams doesn’t come close to my hatred of the Patriots** which burns with the intensity of 1000 suns.  At least the Dolphins won legitimately.

Yes. Someone needed to say this. Thank you.

2 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

I hope to speak for the younger crowd here, as well as ask opinions from those who's lives haven't dominated by a mortal enemy #1 that sucks my optimism down a peg every time something goes wrong in a Pats game. I started out as a poor Bills fan since the MCM miracle (very young), but as my passion grew, I have developed an irrational hatred for all things Patriots. It's all I've ever known. In my professional unbiased opinion, they symbolize cowardice; complaining for phantom calls, and receiving them. Poor sportsmanship; running the score against the 2007 Bills, among other instances, because they could do score at will that season. Gronk's hit, with no remorse, against one of my favorite players (second to Hyde).

SpyGate, DeflateGate (the "deflator" losing pounds?) TB12 destroying his phone? I of all people was going to write this down as nonsense, but good god Brady always finds a way to irritating me. Don't even get me started on SpyGate, what in the flying **** happened there. 

Check out that stupid secret PatsFan's "everybody" cheats website. The Bills got a slap on the wrist for the train noise thing.. cool. But that weighs just as equally as Spygate (lol). PatsFans do no wrong, another point of irritation here. But that's another topic.

Point is, do the younger folks want nothing better for Tom Brady when he tears some rotator cuff throwing a ball in one of his BS "intentional grounding throws" to avoid a pansy while getting slammed by a Kyle Williams pressure? Gronk out with broken ribs after a vicious hit to the chest by Hyde?

How has your past TB12 era been a living hell? They are to most evil of franchises in my young career.

To the older folks, how does this era compare to the 70s Dolphins. I understand the nostalgia there, and don't think the TB12 era will every be topped in my lifetime (in terms of untapped hatred regardless of the next team to come and create a new evil era of dominance (Jets 2030?) I imagine it's one of those things where your fist soul crushing 20 years will never be forgotten or replaced.

On a lighter note, I never get more pumped to see meaning football against the team I despise the most, The Gronk storyline will have me riveted, and that's all I can ask for as a fan. That and god forbid a good old fashion spanking against these terrible human beings.

You probably feel more Pats hatred because the Bills havent bern competitive for the last 17 years which compounds it even more

The 90s Miami Bills rilvary was at least competitive.

This Pats Bills era builds hatred because they are the anti-Bills.

Perennial winners versus losers.

Unrivaled dynasty versus longest drought.

Clutch versus chokers.

Calls that win them games versus screw jobs.

FA's take less money versus overpaying to bring guy's here.

It sucks. I have never hated another team more.

I've been a Bills fan since the early 70s and, while I've always disliked the Dolphins, I absolutely despise the Patriots to a degree that is downright unhealthy. Of course, it wasn't always the case; I actually had a great deal of respect for the Pats back in the old days of Grogan, Hannah, Eason, Berry and McPherson. I started an intense dislike for them when Bledsoe and Parcells came along, and it increased with jackwagon Petey Carroll ("just give it to them") on the sidelines. Still, it wasn't until Brady/Belichick/Kraft and their ever-changing roster of soul-sellers that my hatred of them grew to become something beyond the pale. It's as if the more I despise them, the BETTER they get and the more maddening the ways they defeat the Bills! There also seems to be no end in sight!

BTW, the Bills' playoff drought and the Patriots' rise have eerily coincided with my move from Elmira to Connecticut. In two more years I can retire and move back, so maybe that will set things right again! ;)

2 hours ago, jimmy10 said:

From my time spent in New England, trust me, there are some decent Pats fans out there that are not bandwagoners and were just as sick of us in the 80s-90s as we are of them now. 

I know a lot of those guys,mostly older logical types who are true Boston Patriots fans.They know football.

The problem with New England fans is that the younger fans are entitled and know very little about the ebbs/flows and football in general. They are more knowledgeable about baseball.

Their day is coming and it’s sooner rather than later. They made a monumental mistake trading Garrapolo. 

Watch how quickly the wheels fall off that wagon.

Brady’s NOT playing until he’s 45,at least not as an effective starter.

One rule change will send that team into a spiral. Take Tommy’s picks away and it’s all over.

5 minutes ago, dlonce said:

I know a lot of those guys,mostly older logical types who are true Boston Patriots fans.They know football.

The problem with New England fans is that the younger fans are entitled and know very little about the ebbs/flows and football in general. They are more knowledgeable about baseball.

Their day is coming and it’s sooner rather than later. They made a monumental mistake trading Garrapolo. 

Watch how quickly the wheels fall off that wagon.

Brady’s NOT playing until he’s 45,at least not as an effective starter.

One rule change will send that team into a spiral. Take Tommy’s picks away and it’s all over.

With jimmy gone, it could fall apart very quickly for them.

I’d rather be a young Bills fan today than a young Pats fan.  The latter peaked - they’re going to have a lifetime of adjustment and lowered expectations.  Bills are headed in a better direction...

Edited by Success

1 hour ago, Chris66 said:

You probably feel more Pats hatred because the Bills havent bern competitive for the last 17 years which compounds it even more

The 90s Miami Bills rilvary was at least competitive.

Go psychoanalyze your own fans.

While your trolling our board again, why don't you start a thread poll on who we hate more, your team of your teams fans.

2 minutes ago, Success said:

With jimmy gone, it could fall apart very quickly for them.

I’d rather be a young Bills fan today than a young Pats fan.  The latter peaked - they’re going to have a lifetime of adjustment and lowered expectations.  Bills are headed in a better direction...

Ebb and flow.

I have never hated the Patriots because their fans that went through futility deserved enjoyment.

I have an issue with younger fans, and the ruination of a great game by the NFL,with regards to rules that give teams with great QBs an advantage. Tommy tutu would never have survived a couple decades ago at this age. His insistent crying over being touched would have been met with an all knee bonanza by the opposing defense.

You will never hear a ref like Ben Drieth say  “Personal foul, number 93 of the defense, after he tackled the QB he was giving him the business down there.”

Thats what defensive players did.

Now, that guy would get suspended and called a bully. 

Patriots consider the Ravens more of a rival than us.  And even the Jets, though that was long ago. They consider the Steelers their biggest rival because the Steelers have more lobardis and Steelers fans don't let them forget it.

But, if I was in charge of anything I would permit anyone to beat a Patriot player down on the street for no reason. I would permit Patriots fans to be treated like toilets, garbage in the street and just smacked endlessly. 

They are the worst type of fan out there second to the of LeBron James fans. 

• Like (+1) 1

I wasn't around for the 70's Dolphins era, but I feel fine saying the Patriots teams of this era are much more despised. 

The Dolphins never lost to the Bills over a decade, cool. But the Patriots have been dominating the Bills for going on 2 decades now (and will likely hit that given how long Brady plans on playing). They also have been more dominant, and in the era of Free Agency where teams are supposed to have parity. Going to 7 Super Bowls & winning 5 over that time? That's a more impressive feat than anything I've seen in all of football.

The fact that Brady has more wins in Buffalo than most all Buffalo starting QBs, the fact that Brady has more wins against Buffalo than any QB in history has ever had against an opponent, the fact we've only beaten them two times when Brady has played a full game and is 27-3 overall? Those show it's not much of a rivalry at all. I can remember off the top of my head all 3 games we won too, as they're that rare.

First one was the Lawyer Milloy game to start the season. He was cut, signed with the Bills immediately before the season started, and gave us all the insider info on the Pats we needed. We won 31 to 0 in what we thought signaled the start of a great year for the Bills. It wasn't. We then lose the last game of the season to the Pats with the opposite score, 0 to 31.

Second game was in 2011 when we started off 5-2. Fitzpatrick threw for over 350 yards & 2 TDs, and we won 34 to 31. Great game. Thought once again it signaled a true turning point for the team, but we crumbled.

Third time the Patriots clinched everything they needed to before week 17, were 12-3 and weren't going all out. Benched their starters at half, as we lead 17-6. Finished the game 17-9.

That's it. Brady has a 14-2 record in Buffalo. In comparison, Tyrod has 14 wins total as a starter in Buffalo, and he's been our winningest QB over the playoff drought. Just goes to show this isn't a rivalry, this is a massacre. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Go psychoanalyze your own fans.

While your trolling our board again, why don't you start a thread poll on who we hate more, your team of your teams fans.

The teams lack of class is completely reflected in their fans. In reality, only the team matters, the fans have nothing to do with anything as far as their success on the field. Their attitude and behavior manages to make it a photo finish when it comes to the level of hatred. 

4 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

The teams lack of class is completely reflected in their fans. In reality, only the team matters, the fans have nothing to do with anything as far as their success on the field. Their attitude and behavior manages to make it a photo finish when it comes to the level of hatred

It's like picking between having bedbugs or termites.

Also, Brady has thrown for over 300 yards 10 times against us, has thrown 66 TD's compared to only 21 INT's against us, and averages a 101.0 passer rating in his 30 games against the Bills.

He's thrown for 7,574 total yards against the Bills... That's more than JP Losman, EJ Manuel, Kelly Holcomb, Kyle Orton, Trent Edwards, and many more of our starting QB's have thrown in their Bills careers. He's only 798 yards away from Tyrod's total career numbers in Buffalo, and if TT doesn't return next season, it's likely Brady beats that next year. It's just insane how much success he's had against us.

Tyrod is 0-4 so far in games played against Brady. He's averaging 180 yards a game, has only thrown for 3 total TD's, and all 3 TD's were in his first game ever against them back in 2015. Since then, nada. He averages a 67.0 passer rating, and it has gone down every game since the first. 

In 4 games, his passer rating is:

1. 93.3%

2. 75.3%

3. 63.8%

4. 35.6%

His completion percentage has also gone down each game:

1. 76.7%

2. 55.6%

3. 50%

4. 50%

And his passing yards have gone down each game:

1. 242

2. 233

3. 183

4. 65

All I'm saying is the more you play against a Brady-lead & Belichick coached team, the worse it tends to get for you as a QB. The "Rivalry" gets more & more one-sided each year. Besides the Fitzpatrick game in 2011, wins tend to only come due to odd events (Milloy cut & signed), by their choice (resting starters) or outside circumstances beyond their control (Brady suspension).

3 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

In my memory, I'd have to say the Pats.

Its far easier to hate Belichick/Brady than Shula/Marino.

Which is why I would say that I hate this iteration of the Pats more than the Dolphins, as a franchise I hate the Dolphins far, far more.  

Someday Brady and Belichick will go away, and New England will suck again, and I won't care.  But I hate the Dolphins on a much more basic conceptual level.