Your Family Tree - Any younger football fans?

GottaRun

I was finishing off my Christmas shopping yesterday and stopped in at the Bills store.  A quick message to my sister in law and I got a lightning fast answer 'No Bills stuff for your nephews.  They hate football.  Unless it's a hat for their baseball teams forget about it'.

I started thinking about my 7 nephews and nieces and what sports they follow, if any (all but 2 are over 30)

One nephew is into football, but only college and only Michigan (he went there).

Two nephews are into the NBA and soccer.

The two other nephews aren't into sports, both have been to a Bills game with me.  They had a great time, but they're only coming on a free ticket.

The two nieces only watch hockey.

How strong the football legacy in your family?  I used to love watching football with my Dad, but NFL fandom seems like it will die out with me.

I have over 40 nieces & nephews/great nieces & nephews.  Soccer seems to be the main sport, not many of them care about the Bills or the NFL, some care about the Sabres.

I think it's a good thing if the NFL gets knocked down a few notches.

Edited by T-Bomb

3rd generation bills fan.  Both sets grandparents bills fans, their 7 kids, 18 Grand kids and now somewhere around 25 great grand kids being raised the right way.  Bills and sabres fans.  My oldest loves (I probably do more) waking up on Sundays and knowing she has to put on her bills shirt that we bought together.

• Like (+1) 1

Growing up my Dad liked the Dolphins only to aggravate my Uncles and later me.  My brother likes the Bills but doesn't love them, he's a casual fan but refuses to watch now after the kneeling.  My two sons (11 and 13) are die hard Bills and Sabres fans.  We're going to the Sabres game tomorrow night up in Raleigh and we'll be on pins and needles together on Sunday.  My son turned 13 on the 18th and we got him the Sabres tickets for his bday, today he asked if his cousin could go.  $102 later he's going with us (lucky the ticket right next to ours was available) and we're slowly converting him into being a nut like us.  

• Like (+1) 1

My boys turn 14 and 12 in January. They had zero interest. They started playing football this past summer/fall. I was watching a game recently and noticed them both slink into the living room and make their way to the couch. They liked comparing what they were seeing to what they did or faced. Was a cool moment.

I was a lucky and unlucky kid. I was 12 when I got into football and the Bills with my dad....in 1990. First 4 seasons all superbowls...

• Like (+1) 1

My nephew is 7, loves the Bills. Sammy is still his favorite player but he has learned to like Antonio Brown. He is the same way my brother and I were growing up, remembering all the player's names and talking about it non stop. 

Flag football starts at 8 y/o, got him a baseball glove for his bday and getting a bat for Xmas. 

Sadly all my other neices and nephews are Pats fans or fans of their electornic devices.

I have 2 nephews who were born in Buffalo (right in the city), grew up in Buffalo, and still live in Buffalo with their parents.

They are now 17 and 15.  They don't tune into the Bills or Sabres at all.

They adore international soccer and the English Premiership in particular.

They would never want or wear a Bills jersey, but have a few from their favorite Premiership soccer clubs.

My kid( 17) just told me he bumped into an older Bills fan at the gas station here in NC today. 

The guy saw the Bills sticker on John’s car and commented he was “ too young to be a Bills fan”

He was raised on the Bills but didn’t GET the bug until he started playing in 8 th grade. From then on he was addicted to the point it bugged me.

We are Panthers fans also but when they lost the SB in 2015 it didn’t hurt at all so the Bills are clearly the bigger fav.

There is nothing better than hanging with him and my wife at a live game.

• Like (+1) 1

I have a 34 year old son who is a big time Bills fan, and he is training his son the same way.  My girls weren't into football.  My one daughter got married this past summer.  If possible, they plan on having kids but it will be a while before I have any idea whether or not they will be into the Bills, or even football in general.

2 hours ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

There is hope. My son, 4 and daughter ,11 are HUGE into the NFL. Both love the Bills, but my daughter is more of a Cheese head.

But they know Sunday is about more than football in our house. It's about family. Bonding. And of course...food. 

Cheese head was my rebel years.  She'll grow to love the bills.

• Like (+1) 1

My nephew and niece, one's 27 one's 24, are huge Bills fans. It's great because we text back and forth during games as they are in different cities. We also keep in touch during the week to talk about the latest bills happenings. I feel lucky that have contact with my young nephew and niece in this manner so yeah it's a family tradition for us. I also have a step nephew, I guess that's what you would call him, he is a huge Bills fans and part of the text Circle. 

My daughter just turned 2 today actually.

I thought her how to high five last week and I go woooooooo every time she does. So I'm watching the game last week and I go wooooooooo, and then she walked up to me with a huge smile and gave me a high five .. So I think she's in