Josh Allen a Raw Jim Kelly?

Lenigmusx

2 hours ago, mannc said:

Look, I’m a Rudolph skeptic, too, but the OK game is not the one to use to make your case that Rudolph is not all that.   The Texas game, on the other hand, is Exhibit A.

He wasn't good in either game.  He was horrible against TCU as well.  He had a very shaky year with all of those weapons he had and a Mike Gundy system that inflates states with solid weapons around the QB.  I just don't see anything special about the guy.  

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

I’m not saying he has the same kind of arm that EJ had. What I’m saying is that much like EJ, they are prototypical QBs on paper but it doesn’t translate to their play on the field. You seem to like him more than me and that’s fine.

I think the problem that we had with guys like Losman and Manuel is we put them out there too quickly.  They clearly weren't ready.  We knew that when we drafted them.  They needed to sit and learn behind a veteran but we were so impatient it hurt those guys.  Allen would benefit from learning from a veteran guy.  Hopefully we have the patience as a franchise and a fanbase to let whoever the rookie QB is grow at their pace and not put a clock on them as soon as we draft them.  That is a mistake that we've made too many times in the past.

12 hours ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

I think alot of people are undervaluing QB Lamar Jackson, I don't see much hype for him yet but you'll start hearing his name more and more as the draft rolls around. I'm not usually a fan of dual QB's but this guy really looks like a difference maker (I thought the same about Watson also), the comparison to Michael Vick coming out is fair but Vick didn't have the accuracy and touch that Jackson has, just imagine an improved Michael Vick in his prime on our roster. He will need to beef up a bit more but that doesn't really concern me, it's always injury risk with dual threats but he seems like he has improved in folds standing in the pocket where he's cool, calm and collected this season and throwing over 60% comp, 25 passing TD, 17 rushing TD, this is the guy I envision Buffalo trading up for, comparing him to Tyrod Taylor would be laughable since he clearly gets the ball out quickly, throws into tight spaces and stands in the pocket with poise but these are just my own observations and opinions. No way would we get him where were drafting so I can only see a trade up scenario maybe with the 49ers or Browns second first round pick.

Jackson is going to go in the 1st round for sure. I think he is actually a better runner than Vick which is scary. He is going to be tough to defend in the NFL. The only question I have is how long he will be able to play with that style. 

3 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

SevereShimmeringAgama-size_restricted.gi

TintedDeepEskimodog-max-14mb.gif

There is maybe 3 Qbs in the world that can make that second throw. He has the best arm since Stafford. 

4 hours ago, Max Fischer said:

I'd be very happy if the Bills took Josh Allen with a 1st.  I can easily see Bradford, Allen and Peterman competing in camp. 

I’d take a chance on him.  Drafting in the bottom half of the first, you’re not going to get a chance at a polished, flawless prospect.  I like gambling on someone like Allen, with huge upside.

2 hours ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

He's been compared to Tyrod Taylor by you, no expert that I read sees Tyrod Taylor in him, it's more of a Michael Vick with a better pocket presence and accuracy. Like I've stated I'm not a huge dual threat QB fan but this guy seems like he's a difference maker with both his arm and his legs.

Preach the gospel!! And he's not a one read and run QB. I posted a draft analysis of Deshaun Watson and it was comparable to Lamar except that Lamar is more explosive and probably have a stronger arm. His stature is comparable to Josh Rosen, so I hate the "he's gotta put on more weight". Lamar is going to have to learn to slide or get out of bounds when he do escape the pocket. I'd love to see him in the Bills backfield with Shady. Get a speed receiver and the offense will be scary.

I would be euphoric if we landed Rosen, Darnold or Allen. I think Rosen is the first QB off the board and maybe even the first overall even if Darnold declares. Allen is a project but he will be an early first rounder, and for good reason IMO. I don't think we get to pick any of those guys. Hope I'm wrong about that. After those three I like Lamar Jackson with our second pick in the second round (after Quenton Nelson, Vita Vea and a really good wide receiver). I think my wish list is maybe a little unrealistic tho so maybe Jackson with our first pick in the second round. Now watch Hue Jackson pick him #1 in the draft.

Edited by starrymessenger

8 hours ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

He's been compared to Tyrod Taylor by you, no expert that I read sees Tyrod Taylor in him, it's more of a Michael Vick with a better pocket presence and accuracy. Like I've stated I'm not a huge dual threat QB fan but this guy seems like he's a difference maker with both his arm and his legs.

He has been called  that by others, I didn't come up with it.

On 22/12/2017 at 12:49 PM, SaviorPeterman said:

Josh Allen is the biggest Boom/Bust QB prospect in this draft and based on the Bills history with similar players (Losman/Manuel) I would tend to stay far away unless he's available in round 3 or later and the risk is minimized.

Regardless there is no question this kid has serious talent and he's drawn a lot of interesting comparisons in the scouting world. In fact I was talking about the this year's QB with a source of mine in the Pac12 the other day and he said Allen has the potential (emphasis on potential) to be the next Big Ben but with a better arm. Same source also said he could be the next Jake Locker too.

Really?..........i think Mayfield is the biggest Boom/Bust of this coming draft.

I agree that if Allen is still available in the 3rd, we should pick him up.

On 12/23/2017 at 1:25 PM, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

.....guys I don't get to see college ball so I depend on assessments here....from what I'm seeing, and without mortgaging draft picks, if Darnold comes out, he's long gone.....and it sounds like the Rosen kid is as well and possibly Mayfield....seems like Allen and Rudolph may be in the next tier, say mid 1st round....if they were BOTH there with Bflo on the board, who is the pick?...........

Allen.  he is vastly more talented.  Better arm more athletic.  His ability and potenial is going to get Allen into the top 10 maybe top 5 imo.  He has as good an arm as Farve and Rodgers.

26 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Allen.  he is vastly more talented.  Better arm more athletic.  His ability and potenial is going to get Allen into the top 10 maybe top 5 imo.  He has as good an arm as Farve and Rodgers.

...appreciate the help bud.....looks like Rudolph & Falk are on today in bowl games......

Cannot understand all the love for Allen. He has prototypical size but completed only 56% of his passes for two years in a row in an extremely weak non power 5 conference. That is not impressive. Guess that is why I am not a pro scout. 

Edited by Turk71

17 hours ago, Turk71 said:

Cannot understand all the love for Allen. He has prototypical size but completed only 56% of his passes for two years in a row in an extremely weak non power 5 conference. That is not impressive. Guess that is why I am not a pro scout. 

Stats don't tell enough about a player's ability.  They must pass the eye test and be even better than that for the QB position

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.