ESPN predicts Alex Smith as starting Bills QB in 2018.

PIZ

7 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Thats a full 5-6 year deal you might get

33 isn’t that scary, it’s just a question of if you want HIM. I think he’s underrated but not good enough to trade a high pick and commit long term. If he’s cut, I’d consider it though.

Definitely if he's cut and decides to come to the Bills as a Free Agent, but no to giving up assets to acquire him. 

9 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

I'd go in with my poker face and offer a third. I would cough up a second though and try to extend him for an extra 2 years at a (hopefully) reasonable rate. 

I'd offer them their first back. If  they try to trade him, which I doubt, the price will be higher than your poker face bets I suspect.

24 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

He looks great tonight. I also watched the game when the Bills beat KC 16-10.  Did you? 2018 draft!

The point is that Taylor at his absolute best has never been as good as Smith is tonight.  

They are not the same player. Alex Smith has a ceiling that Taylor can't even see. 

Also, it takes a lot more than scheme and coordinators to account for a 1600 yard & 11 TD difference in production. 

1 minute ago, reddogblitz said:

I'd offer them their first back. If  they try to trade him, which I doubt, the price will be higher than your poker face bets I suspect.

I don't think Andy can reasonably expect a first and we shouldn't give one just because we have 2.  Jimmy G. bagged Belly a 2nd. 

14 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

It is absurd to suggest that he will be cut. He either stays or is traded.

I think the Chiefs are over the cap. Smith could be traded for sure. He went for a third and a fifth 5 years ago. I'd say a third gets it done now. He'd be a decent bridge to a drafted QB for a couple seasons. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

I don't think Andy can reasonably expect a first and we shouldn't give one just because we have 2.  Jimmy G. bagged Belly a 2nd. 

3rd and a 5th five seasons ago. There's no way he goes for a first now. Not even a 2nd imo 

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

I think the Chiefs are over the cap. Smith could be traded for sure. He went for a third and a fifth 5 years ago. I'd say a third gets it done now. He'd be a decent bridge to a drafted QB for a couple seasons. 

I agree. He will be traded.

12 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Smith could't captialize on a turnover in enemy territory.   :rolleyes:

The Cincy loss there were 3 takeaways by Buffalo.  Taylor didn’t capitalize on them.  

Also the missed FG isn’t on Smith. Possibly the same in the Cincy game.  

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

The Cincy loss there were 3 takeaways by Buffalo.  Taylor didn’t capitalize on them.  

Also the missed FG isn’t on Smith. Possibly the same in the Cincy game.  

26 actually isn't against Alex Smith. And he's not enamoured of Tyrod either. He's having a wet dream where the Bills draft the ghost of Jim Kelly who immediately leads the team to a half dozen consecutive Super Bowl victories. Not to worry. He will wake up eventually. 

5 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

26 actually isn't against Alex Smith. And he's not enamoured of Tyrod either. He's having a wet dream where the Bills draft the ghost of Jim Kelly who immediately leads the team to a half dozen consecutive Super Bowl victories. Not to worry. He will wake up eventually. 

Recycled QBs. Yum!

On 12/21/2017 at 2:19 PM, Chuck Wagon said:

Give Cousins a blank check and draft Allen or Lamar Jackson if they are available with our first pick, otherwise take a guy like Rudolph / Falk / Ferguson / Lock in round 3.

I'm gonna guess Cousins will have a choice of a few teams that will pay him what he wants,  hard to imagine buffalo being on the top of that list. I'm not so sure the Bills would want him anyway.

1 minute ago, starrymessenger said:

Newsflash - Ok, so he does hate Alex Smith after all. My bad.

Wonder who he likes? Any QB as long as we draft him?

Whadya say 26?

:lol:  There's one we just drafted that I see nothing in WRT starting potential.  Hate!  A mindless buzz word if you don't jump up and down to sing someone's praises.