Would you trade the Bills 2 first round picks to the 49ers for Garoppalo?

The 9 Isles

5 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Of course it will hurt when we go back to the pa k again and aren't constantly good. I am hoping Kraft has us be like the Steelers though.. never awful for long. Let the Jets be the Browns of the East ? 

Honestly I couldn't believe they traded him. I was sad thinking they have the answer sitting on the bench when Tom Brady decided he has to many rings to fit on his fingers and toes. 

Edited by Lfod
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Lfod said:

Honestly I couldn't believe they traded him. I was sad thinking they have the answer sitting on the bench when Top Brady decided he has to many rings to fit on his fingers and toes. 

I was sad see him go, but glad they sent him to a place he had a chance to thrive and not the QB black hole known as the Browns..

1 minute ago, PatsFanNH said:

I was sad see him go, but glad they sent him to a place he had a chance to thrive and not the QB black hole known as the Browns..

No offence but I hope it turns out to be a huge mistake. I fear they will just plug in another no name guy after sprinkling whatever magic dust they got on him and I have to wait another 100 years waiting for that guy to get tired of winning.

Just now, Lfod said:

No offence but I hope it turns out to be a huge mistake. I fear they will just plug in another no name guy after sprinkling whatever magic dust they got on him and I have to wait another 100 years waiting for that guy to get tired of winning.

Rumor is BB wanted trade Brady in the off season for multiple picks and sign Jimmy G long term contract. Kraft wouldn't hear of it and told him No. 

im not sure how true that rumor is but I wouldn't be shocked if it i was true.

2 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Rumor is BB wanted trade Brady in the off season for multiple picks and sign Jimmy G long term contract. Kraft wouldn't hear of it and told him No. 

If I was a fan of the Patriots I wouldn't have liked trading him. You need a guy to pass on the torch. As a Bills fan I applaud it. Realistically you have to be thinking about grooming his successor and Jimmy G has the look and feel of it. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ALF said:

Garoppolo will be due a big contract after this season or a tag.

If Cousins wants be be with his old coach a trade of QBs might be possible

Not happening. The 49ers have identified Jimmy G as their guy. 

Staley: Garoppolo has 'different aura around him'

The San Francisco 49ers won three straight games with Jimmy Garoppolo at quarterback. Niners left tackle Joe Staley and other teammates praised the QB for his poise and preparation.

1 minute ago, Lfod said:

If I was a fan of the Patriots I wouldn't have liked trading him. You need a guy to pass on the torch. As a Bills fan I applaud it. Realistically you have to be thinking about grooming his successor and Jimmy G has the look and feel of it. 

I agree, but if it was between him or Brady. I want Brady retiring a Patriot. I rather search for the successor than have the greatest WB in Pats history traded to make some sort of point.

i will say this, they will be drafting a QB early this year to mold behind Brady.

Hey, guys, go easy on the OP.  Perhpas the 49ers like one of the QB's in the draft.  The one issue is that Jimmy is a FA.  The 49ers may not go after him, they may go after Cousins.  In that case, we should pursue Jimmy.  Sweet revenge: beating the Pats** and Bellicheck with Jimmy in a playoff game!!

14 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

that would have been the right thing to do imo.  let's say Brady defies the odds and has a good season next year as a 41 yr old.  how much longer could he possibly play at that level?  maybe a couple of yrs tops.  Jimmy G is only 26.  pairing him with a bunch of 1st round picks from trading Brady would have kept the Pats at the top.  but this way it's more fun for us watching Brady wash out and the Pats having no plan B

1 minute ago, RyanC883 said:

Hey, guys, go easy on the OP.  Perhpas the 49ers like one of the QB's in the draft.  The one issue is that Jimmy is a FA.  The 49ers may not go after him, they may go after Cousins.  In that case, we should pursue Jimmy.  Sweet revenge: beating the Pats** and Bellicheck with Jimmy in a playoff game!!

So the 49ers surrendered a 2nd round pick just to let him go to UFA?  Are you serious?  Beyond that is the level of excellent play he's demonstrated that they have been looking for in a QB for such a long time.  Let's be real here. Jimmy G is is where he'll be for a long time.

1 hour ago, The 9 Isles said:

They could trade and still pick a top QB, save huge contract dollars on him and basically flip a 2nd round pick for 2 firsts?  End up with 3 first round picks this year.  Just a thought. 

I would. San Fran wont

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

So the 49ers surrendered a 2nd round pick just to let him go to UFA?  Are you serious?  Beyond that is the level of excellent play he's demonstrated that they have been looking for in a QB for such a long time.  Let's be real here. Jimmy G is is where he'll be for a long time.

At minimum he will be tagged for next year but yes he isnt leaving San Fran

22 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

then why did they trade him?

7 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

Because he wouldn't agree to a two year bridge contract. Jimmy G wanted to play.. so BB traded him to a team that needed a QB sand had a little bit of stability as well. (Having Shanahan as you HC and calling plays isn't going to hurt a young QB) 

Like I said I'm going enjoy Brady and who knows what happens in the off season. 

16 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

that would have been the right thing to do imo.  let's say Brady defies the odds and has a good season next year as a 41 yr old.  how much longer could he possibly play at that level?  maybe a couple of yrs tops.  Jimmy G is only 26.  pairing him with a bunch of 1st round picks from trading Brady would have kept the Pats at the top.  but this way it's more fun for us watching Brady wash out and the Pats having no plan B

Brady is Kraft cash cow. He is not letting him be moved on. He may decline and not be as great but he earned the right finish his career here. Again it's a rumor so how true it is I have no idea.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Because he wouldn't agree to a two year bridge contract. Jimmy G wanted to play.. so BB traded him to a team that needed a QB sand had a little bit of stability as well. (Having Shanahan as you HC and calling plays isn't going to hurt a young QB) 

Like I said I'm going enjoy Brady and who knows what happens in the off season. 

Brady is Kraft cash cow. He is not letting him be moved on. He may decline and not be as great but he earned the right finish his career here. Again it's a rumor so how true it is I have no idea.

He certainly has but it is interesting to see the Patriots alter their mo.  I completely buy that BB wanted to trade him and also that he was shot down.  Any other player would have been sent packing 1 year to early like so many others.  Wilfork and Seymour come to mind.  I get why they didn't trade him and would agree as a fan that I didn't want to see him go it just isn't the patriot way if you will.

One of the biggest reasons for Brady's success imo is his willingness to work out team friendly deals.  I could see him sticking around and taking less and less money to allow the team to really be built up around him.  There will be another young guy taken possibly even with the sf pick (my bet is it gets traded for a 2019 first) to groom behind Brady and take over after next year or the year after.  That young guy would also have a low salary allowing the team to be good until he takes over again. :sick: Dammit I hate those bastards lol

30 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

As PatsFanNH smartly pointed out is why it happened. Kraft is the boss apparently even to BB.

If Bills had a persistent owner Bills right now would likely have Mahomes or Watson as QB. Neither option would be bad IMO.

As for Pats trading to Niners for "only" a 2nd round pick. They were handicapped:

1. they refused to send Graps to QB hell Cleveland.

2. did not want him in AFC East or likely AFC at all.

3. Kraft orders Brady stays regardless of thoughts.

4. Graps turns down bridge contract for obvious possibly once-in-a-lifetime $$$ reasons. Personally I think he will get another one or two big paydays when he proves he is that franchise guy but no guarantees so he must take the money now. He has waited like a good teammate and soldier.

5. Trade market a little soft in 2nd half of a season.

6. Many good QB's available in upcoming draft so many other options for current QB needy teams.

7. I don't think a lot of teams thought Pats would trade him during season and did not get a chance to bid.

I believe many others would have offered a 2nd and 3rd for him at least or at least more than Niners gave. What a steal man.

It is going to be fun watching him play. I already put Niners games on TV over from Bills now and watch as much as I can without missing any Bills action.

Edited by cba fan

1 hour ago, Jobot said:

Maybe we can get Wilson for 3 first round picks... hell how about about Rogers for 4 first round picks!!!!  This game is so much fun! 

Im in on all 3 trade options.  

Id prefer Garappolo for 2 or Wilson for 3 though. 

Id also ask for Goodwin in the deal with 49ers and we send back a 5th.

Edited by Air it out Fitzy