Per Murphy: Bills offense now 6th in the league in rushing

Just now, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

so, it's McD to blame for the conservative offense. why be calling for dennisons head then?

I say fire McD and promote rico then.

Because Rico sucks and his offensive philosophies /play calling are vanilla and predictable. I don't think many people are giving him a pass.

For your last point, I can't help you if you think the only responsibility of a head coach is to dictate whether they should be more aggressive or conservative.

The difference between calling plays and being an NFL head coach who basically is the leader and over see er of everything, is night and day. I know you understand that

• Like (+1) 1

The amazing thing isn't that the Bills are 6th in rushing.   The amazing thing is that they near the bottom in total yards, in the bottom third in total points, in the bottom third in yards allowed and in the middle in points allowed and they're STILL in contention for a playoff berth.

There are a lot of things wrong, but the name of the game is winning, and somehow this team is winning better than it's playing. 

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

They rose in the rankings because they went back to what worked for the last two seasons.  Duh Dennison!

When you have the fewest pass attempts per game ya gotta be doing something on offense, lol

3 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

We are 6th in yards, 5th in attempts, and 13th in YPC.

Last year we were 1st in yards (By over 200 yards), 2nd in attempts, and 1st in YPC (by 0.4!)

We are averaging 1.1 YPC less this year than we did last year.

Exactly what I was going to say.

We are averaging 4.2 yards per carry.  That is more than 1 yard per carry less than in 2016 (we averaged 5.3 ypc) and a half-yard less than in 2015 (4.8 ypc).

Dennison's blocking scheme changes made this rushing offense worse.  No doubt about it.

7 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I'm going to stop pinning 2nd halves on Dennison as much as McDermott.  When we went into a shell in the 2nd half against the Dolphins, I'd say that's just Dennison following a direct command from McDermott to go uber conservative.  I don't like that call, but it's worked so far... even if I think it fails if we take the same approach if we manage a lead in NE.

No, Mcd pointed out the second half issue in the post game presser. I dont buy your theory

Hate him or love him, Tyrod is very good on Play Action, really causes headaches for defense when you factor in his running ability as well. This O's bread n butter is successful run game making play action successful. We continue to run good, the pass game will look good

2 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

I don't know if you're serious or not... lol

I'm dead serious.  Name an OC who could create a sustaining offense with our current QB situation.  We have a QB who can't consistently pass the ball more than 6 feet in the air.  In most games, the line provides ample time in passing plays.  You think Dennison prefers that Tyrod holds the ball forever and either checks down, improvises or takes stupid sacks?  Give Dennison even a moderately talented QB, and keep Shady, and I think you'd (hopefully you'll) see that the problem isn't the guy with the headset; it's the guy taking snaps.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

I'm dead serious.  Name an OC who could create a sustaining offense with our current QB situation.  We have a QB who can't consistently pass the ball more than 6 feet in the air.  In most games, the line provides ample time in passing plays.  You think Dennison prefers that Tyrod holds the ball forever and either checks down, improvises or takes stupid sacks?  Give Dennison even a moderately talented QB, and keep Shady, and I think you'd (hopefully you'll) see that the problem isn't the guy with the headset; it's the guy taking snaps.

Honest broker here. :lol:

5 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Honest broker here. :lol:

Just think ... if he completed any of them, he'd have more than 65 yards passing at the end of every half.

Yards per completion.  Sitting at #31.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2017/passing.htm

Edited by Gugny

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Uninformed comic relief who makes things up like faking injuries.  No agenda with you.  Nope. None whatsoever.  Thanks.  

Now put a towel over your head and have a mod cart you off with a bruised ego, copy paste boy.

Edited by Gugny
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Gugny said:

Throwing to mostly RBs and TEs this season with a deficient WR Corps, that's not really a surprise.   What else you want to cherry pick?  We already know he's not a great QB and a long term answer is needed, but he's not the dregs you make him out to be.  Like I said, you're not an honest broker with regard to him. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz