Per Murphy: Bills offense now 6th in the league in rushing

10 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

Yay, were a rushing team in a passing league, please get us a QB... I appreciate all that McCoy is and has done but we need someone who can win throwing the ball.

No ****?

Look man, I want a QB more than anyone here. But if this team's going to make they playoffs this year, they'd better be able to run the ball because Tyrod ain't winning **** with his arm.

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

Yay, were a rushing team in a passing league, please get us a QB... I appreciate all that McCoy is and has done but we need someone who can win throwing the ball.

You do realize that Tyrods rushing yards are counted in this statistic?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

how did he do in the 2nd half last week?

another 2nd half like that they go 1-2 in this final stretch.

I'm going to stop pinning 2nd halves on Dennison as much as McDermott.  When we went into a shell in the 2nd half against the Dolphins, I'd say that's just Dennison following a direct command from McDermott to go uber conservative.  I don't like that call, but it's worked so far... even if I think it fails if we take the same approach if we manage a lead in NE.

lol he still did destroy it to a certain degree as you'll see below.

152 yards per game in 2015 at 4.8 per carry, leading the league in both categories 

164 per game last year at 5.3 per carry, leading both categories 

129 per game this year at 4.2 yards per carry, 6th in yards and like a 4 way tie for 13th. So between 13th and 16th in terms of average per carry 

So in other words , the Bills have ran it a lot more this year with less success in both categories ...

I would put that under the category of ruining the best rushing attack in the league the past two seasons 

• Like (+1) 1

McD is controlling the offense, he's responsible for the conservative play calling?

you couldn't convince me of that. time outs are on him.

3 points from the offense, a half time adjustment? no, it wont get it done the next two games and it will be crucial to get a lead on the patsies** and keep it. I don't see this offense play catch up, take the lead and win the game. how many come from behind wins do they have this season?

8 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I'm going to stop pinning 2nd halves on Dennison as much as McDermott.  When we went into a shell in the 2nd half against the Dolphins, I'd say that's just Dennison following a direct command from McDermott to go uber conservative.  I don't like that call, but it's worked so far... even if I think it fails if we take the same approach if we manage a lead in NE.

4 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

McD is controlling the offense, he's responsible for the conservative play calling?

3 points from the offense, a half time adjustment? no, it wont get it done the next two games and it will be crucial to get a lead on the patsies** and keep it. I don't see this offense play catch up, take the lead and win the game. how many come from behind wins do they have this season?

McDermott would be responsible for telling Dennison he wants to run the clock and protect the football at all costs, yes.  The Head Coach is going to dictate the in-game management, which includes the offensive approach, though not individual play calls, which are on the OC.

This has been the pattern throughout the year when we get the lead.  I'm just glad we had a 3 score lead rather than a 2 score lead, which is when the team has previously gone pretty conservative, otherwise we could have really been in trouble.

4 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

He probably told Rico to go more conservative, absolutely. 

Dennison calls the plays, but I would bet my arse Mcd told him to scale it back, especially in the 4th.

He is the head coach at the end of the day. He has the final decision over everything.

If he doesn't make those types of decisions in terms of staying aggressive/playing more conservative, then that's a problem

Just now, transplantbillsfan said:

McDermott would be responsible for telling Dennison he wants to run the clock and protect the football at all costs, yes.  The Head Coach is going to dictate the in-game management, which includes the offensive approach, though not individual play calls, which are on the OC.

This has been the pattern throughout the year when we get the lead.  I'm just glad we had a 3 score lead rather than a 2 score lead, which is when the team has previously gone pretty conservative, otherwise we could have really been in trouble.

This^. Exactly