Jimmy Traina (SI) Ranks All 17 NFL Broadcast Crews

26CornerBlitz

This list loses all credibility right here - 14.Beth Mowins, Jay Feely: CBS: They've only called a handful of games this season, but Mowins is solid. 

Sorry, I'm not against a female calling an NFL game, but she sounds like a Robot and talks way more than Jay Feely.   Her voice is grating, and I just want Feely to start talking, so that she talks less. Feely was a kicker and he doesn't add much to the broadcast - I'm not sure if he isn't just nodding his head and binge watching something on Netflix during the broadcast. The "Chick n Kick" combo blows.  Every time they call a game, it feels like a  broadcast of Friday night college football game between Florida International and Louisiana Tech on ESPNU that no one is watching or even in the stands for - I would have preferred the field audio with no commentary.

As for any team including Chris Spielman...it should always be last or next to last given the team above.  Listening to Spielman call a game is just infuriating, his insight is often just flat wrong. 

My top 3 would be:

1. Nantz and Romo;

2. Michaels and Collinsworth;

3. Harlan and Gannon;

After that there are individuals I like.... but not many duos.  I think they are onto something with Chris Myers - he would be very good with a capable analyst.  I like Archuleta as well.  He did us home to the 9ers last season and I really enjoyed listening to him.  

Romo is great but Nantz is terrible.  So overrated.  

Other favorites:

Play-by-Play:

- Ian Eagle

- Kevin Burkhardt

- Kevin Harlan

- Kenny Albert

- Chris Meyers

(Wish list:  Gus Johnson/Romo for Super Bowl)

Color:

- Romo (let Romo be Romo - he can call every play pre-snap and I'd never complain)

- Fouts

- Gannon

(IMO: all others are meh - especially Gruden, who is the worst of the worst)

9 hours ago, Bakin said:

Can’t stand Chucky broadcasting. 

Every single play is the greatest play, by the greatest player in the league or possibly in the history of the league. 

Gruden comes across as disingenuous- bad for a colour man. 

Right, his commentary is rendered meaningless when every player and every play is great. He's the Captain Obvious of the Broadcast Booth.  "If they got one more yard it would be a first down" (yeah, think?)

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Why the heck would he give up the cushy job as an analyst for CBS (for the next 30 years if he wants) to come to OBD to grind all year long as a QB coach? 

Bring him in during the off season to sit with the QB's and review 2017 film.

19 hours ago, billsfan11 said:

I'm not going to lie, I do as well lol

I think Kevin Harlan is the son Marv Albert wished he had.  Sorry Kenny.  
Actually, I don't like listening to Kenny Albert, I only like Marv when the Bulls are playing the Knicks in the Garden, and I don't really like Kevin Harlan that much!
But, I know that's just a matter of taste.  I honestly would prefer to watch most games with less play by play (almost none) and more color.  

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Lot of love here for Eagle and Fouts.... I really dislike them.  They are one of the worst for the cliche commentary.... the Fred Jackson went to Coe College and the Nick O'Leary has a famous grandfather type.... paint by numbers type announcing.  

I cannot tolerate Fouts.  He's so out of touch.  He's the complete opposite of Romo.