If Taylor finishes season strong, do we build around him/Dennison?

JerseyBills

8 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

You used TDs and yards to compare three quarterbacks without mentioning they were compiled by the respective quarterbacks in different amounts of games. Watson only had 7 and he was who you were attempting to argue was a product of a system that gave Hoyer and Fitzpatrick similar statistics, correct?

You don't see how it's relevant to mention that Watson only played in 7 games for Houston as opposed to Hoyer's 9 and Fitzpatrick's 12 when you're using yards and touchdowns for comparisons?

Exactly. Watson is a completely different QB & put up numbers in an entirely unique way. Completely different than Hoyer & Fitzpatrick by a long shot.

1 minute ago, Maine-iac said:

I don't need to ask if you smoked your lunch to figure that out.

I think the relevance ................ which you missed .......... is that they all played well.  They all had rating over 90 and they all had a 2 to 1 TD to int ratio.  I am still scratching my head that the fact that, a few games different or not, Fitz and Hoyer put up numbers even remotely similiar to Watson doesn't tell you it's a good system. 

Which is a textbook example of why some people shouldn't use statistics.

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

Which is a textbook example of why some people shouldn't use statistics.

How many games did Watson win?

I had one guy saying 2015 Brady had injured receivers, next we have Watson is great with his 3 and 4 record.  If someone says well Taylor had injured WR's and still has a winning record then all of a sudden stats don't matter.  Most just repeat the same opinion over and over. 

15 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

How many games did Watson win?

I had one guy saying 2015 Brady had injured receivers, next we have Watson is great with his 3 and 4 record.  If someone says well Taylor had injured WR's and still has a winning record then all of a sudden stats don't matter.  Most just repeat the same opinion over and over. 

And QBWINZ for the cherry on top. 

Almost three full seasons.  We've seen what Tyrod Taylor is about.

Now, I'm certainly not as "down" on Taylor as some Bills fans.  When you consider the entire package (leadership qualities, playmaking ability with his legs, ability to avoid turnovers), I believe he's better than a good chunk of NFL starters.  If we managed to put together an elite defense, compliment him with a strong O-Line and running game - I think we could win 10-11 games and maybe even win a playoff game.

But here is the problem.

I don't believe Taylor can ever lead us to a championship (which should be the ultimate goal).  The regular season is a different animal from the playoffs.  At some point during a playoff run, teams will find a way to make him win with his arm.  We can't rely on Shady McCoy and keeping the opponent under 17 points for 3-4 weeks against the NFL's best.  There is a reason that teams without a strong franchise QB only win a Super Bowl every 15-20 years. 

10 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

No. He's often had a good game or two in a row. Point is he's inconsistent and has major holes in his game that aren't going to change.

He's who he is, and who he is ... is not a franchise QB and certainly not a pocket QB.

I wish he was. But he's not. I can imagine a slight chance ... 5%? ... that they bring him back next year as a bridge but I doubt they even do that. My guess is that if they feel they need a bridge that they bring in one who fits the QB pre-requisite that McDermott laid out. They said before the season that a QB in their system must be good from the pocket. Given a chance to show he could be that, Tyrod didn't manage it.

5% they bring him back next year?

Ridiculously low.  Add a 5 to that 5 and that sounds more like reality.

Well this train didn’t end up being late. Taylor played solid last week. Won the game. Certain posters were quiet for a couple days. Or at least slightly less obnoxious. You know who you are..... it’s now been enough days removed from that game to show up and start chirping about how bad he’ll be in the NE game just like they chirped before the fins game about Taylor getting benched by halftime, only throwing for 60 yds all game or not being able to win another game all season of Taylor starts. 

Some of you are pathetic and honestly just really idiotic. 

16 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

5% they bring him back next year?

Ridiculously low.  Add a 5 to that 5 and that sounds more like reality.

Transplant, if you havnt already seen the writing on the wall then you just have your blinders up. Unless he sneaks them into the playoffs there is no way they are bringing him back. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Well this train didn’t end up being late. Taylor played solid last week. Won the game. Certain posters were quiet for a couple days. Or at least slightly less obnoxious. You know who you are..... it’s now been enough days removed from that game to show up and start chirping about how bad he’ll be in the NE game just like they chirped before the fins game about Taylor getting benched by halftime, only throwing for 60 yds all game or not being able to win another game all season of Taylor starts. 

Some of you are pathetic and honestly just really idiotic. 

Played solid for a half and then Dennison put on the breaks (and Zay can't hold on to a ball in his hands).......  

Oh and Shady can't gain yards in the second half either again......

4 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Played solid for a half and then Dennison put on the breaks (and Zay can't hold on to a ball in his hands).......  

Oh and Shady can't gain yards in the second half either again......

I can’t stand this trash. They won. I look at the game as a whole game. One in which they win 24-16. I’m sorry but I’m not gonna sit around and Piss and moan about a win that kept us in the wildcard hunt. Bottom line is if they find a way to win one of their last 2 they have a solid shot to be in. Why all the pissing and moaning after a win? How do people function like that? It’s mind numbing. 

If somebody woulda came to me before the season started with all the moves this team made and said “you’ll be 8-6 and in the 6 slot heading into week 16” I woulda taken that everyday and twice on Sunday! And most every other bills fan would take that as well after our offseason and roster turnover... I prefer to just enjoy the ride. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

What would have to happen for me to want the Bills to keep Tyrod next year...

-The bills win the final 2 games of the regular season, make the playoffs, and win at least one game int he playoffs.

-In doing all of that, Tyrod has the best 3-4 game stretch of his career so far.

-Brady and Big Ben both retire or have injuries that will not allow them to play next year.

Then again, even WITH all that, I'm not sure if I want him here.  I don't think he is awful, but the QB next year is going to have to carry this team if you want to make the playoffs, there are too many holes on the roster that are going to need to be filled, and a lot of current players are getting older and not likely to be as good.

5 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

What would have to happen for me to want the Bills to keep Tyrod next year...

-The bills win the final 2 games of the regular season, make the playoffs, and win at least one game int he playoffs.

-In doing all of that, Tyrod has the best 3-4 game stretch of his career so far.

-Brady and Big Ben both retire or have injuries that will not allow them to play next year.

Then again, even WITH all that, I'm not sure if I want him here.  I don't think he is awful, but the QB next year is going to have to carry this team if you want to make the playoffs, there are too many holes on the roster that are going to need to be filled, and a lot of current players are getting older and not likely to be as good.

I want a qb drafted early no matter what this offseason but I think it would be absolutely absurd to not bring Taylor back after a playoff birth. Especially if by some fat chance they go 10-6. 

4 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I can’t stand this trash. They won. I look at the game as a whole game. One in which they win 24-16. I’m sorry but I’m not gonna sit around and Piss and moan about a win that kept us in the wildcard hunt. Bottom line is if they find a way to win one of their last 2 they have a solid shot to be in. Why all the pissing and moaning after a win? How do people function like that? It’s mind numbing. 

If somebody woulda came to me before the season started with all the moves this team made and said “you’ll be 8-6 and in the 6 slot heading into week 16” I woulda taken that everyday and twice on Sunday! And most every other bills fan would take that as well after our offseason and roster turnover... I prefer to just enjoy the ride. 

Not sure what your issue is?  I'm not happy with how Dennison runs the offense and the fact that with a lead in the second half the Bills look like they are playing in quicksand and are usually out coached.

The thread is building with Tyrod & Dennison and I am 100% convinced Dennison needs to go and Taylor remains the QB until the Bills have developed a first round draft choice.  If they go in to 2018 with the idea that Peterman may be the started I'll be disgusted.

1 minute ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Not sure what your issue is?  I'm not happy with how Dennison runs the offense and the fact that with a lead in the second half the Bills look like they are playing in quicksand and are usually out coached.

The thread is building with Tyrod & Dennison and I am 100% convinced Dennison needs to go and Taylor remains the QB until the Bills have developed a first round draft choice.  If they go in to 2018 with the idea that Peterman may be the started I'll be disgusted.

Sorry. You got the brunt of my irritation of reading through this post and finally commenting on it. 

I agree 100% Dennison needs to go. I also want nothing to do with peterman as a starter. Taylor? Meh.... I’ve been ready to move on since this offseason but I’d be fine with another year if the rookie they draft needs time.