A open letter to Coach McDermott

Foreigner

4 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

That is the saddest link I will read all day>  it's stunning that this guy is a lexiconographer for a dictionary.

He's basically saying that because it's a slang word, it goes in the dictionary.  He throws in some nonsense about "native speakers" and "dialect"--then says "it’s not part of standard English".

I am guessing that MANY words start off as slang and then they become part of standard English. For example, "I will 'text' you later." Text started off as a much different word than "I will send you some digital information via my phone." I could go on and on but I won't.

Finally, making a point by calling out someone's fine understanding of the english language (whether it be spelling, grammar, or use of non-standard english words) just ironically weakens one's eventual counter point.

36 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

The team was 5-2 with Dareus and absolutely better with Watkins.

Lol. Yet those cancers were traded for by legitimate Super Bowl contenders.?

Is this really your argument Scott?  This team was 5-3 with both Watkins and Dareus in 2014.  How did they end up?

Who said Woods was a cancer?  He was just a UFA and chose to go back home.  

Watkins admitted himself in an interview that he cared more about stats than winning....and that it probably rubbed his teammates the wrong way in Buffalo.

Watkins has 36 catches, 563 yards and 7 TD's.  His option would have been $13.2 million to pick up.  That's worth $13.2 million?

7 hours ago, Foreigner said:

So I am sitting at home yesterday eating dinner watching Football Night in America on NBC, a show that shows highlights

of Sundays games, that is followed by a coach or player saying a few words. The Bills came on, and then Coach McDermott

said a few words. I was expecting something about praising Sean McCoy for going over 10,000 career rushing yards or

perhaps TT mentioned, as the two of them combined for almost all the points in the win over Miami. Or at least a shout out

to the O or D in the victory. Instead I lost half my food as I heard the magic words "Trust the Process". 

Coach, Coach, the process is here. It is right in front of you Christmas Eve  and New Years Eve, becoming the name in the Buffalo

Bills history book as the Coach to lead us to the playoffs for the first time in 18 years. It doesn't matter weather it is

10-6 or 9-7' you are forever a hero. Or will your name go down in the books as Sean "Nathan" McDermott. I know, I know,

many are going to say we would have not won the Chargers game with TT at QB the whole game. That is possible, but the

game planning for that game with a rookie not ready for prime time playbook, certainly would have been different with TT.

Irregardless, with four INTS in over 13 games it would have been a different outcome. Coach we don't need to trust the

process, we need to win the game in Foxboro, a game that almost nobody thinks we can win. Maybe, we can't, but part of

the problem in winning in the NFL is how do we stop the other guys. We already know how to do that next Sunday, the

same way the Fish put it to the Pats Monday night, and that is to take Gronk out of the game, and not let a 40 year old QB

with no legs and a tired arm beat you. You are a D guru, so figure out how to stop Gronk who will be playing, and maybe we

get the job done. Coach, you and your staff have overachieved this  year. Just get us to the dance and stop worrying about a

mysterious process whatever you think that may be. To all of us, the process is just winning.  

I feel bad for you.

Regarding my thread.

1. All newspaper, magazine and book writers have editors so that there is no nitpicking of wrong words.

2. If there are too many letters and punctuations on one line, say by 4, the 4 letters are put on the next

line by themselves through a computer. That is not something I did.

3. The NBC clip was obviously taken out of context. Where to find the complete post game pressers I

don't know, but even if I did it wouldn't matter. I know football is a team game and everyone on the

on the field is important in their own way, but without Shady and TT the Bills don't win yesterday.

4. I pointed the team has over achieved. That is because the talent level is not there. Ask yourselves

why is the talent not there. On the D, Ragland, Dareus, Gilmour, Darby, Graham  all lst teamers were

sent packing, and you know who on the O.

5. We all know the culture changes with each new regime, but is it necessary for the Coach to keep

saying trust the process when the part of the process is trading players who are NFL starters for draft

choices and veterans who can't stay on the field like Matthews, Gaines, and Benjamin. I just can't trust

the personnel decisions McDermott has made, and trust me, these are decisions McD has made not

Beane. How do you think Beane got hired.

6. 8-6 is a good record, and we should all be happy that there is this much excitement this late, and it

is great, and who cares if there is parity whereas over half the league is still in play with two or three

weeks left, if we make it, wonderful.    

I feel like if printed this letter up and held it under a light on top of the article Schopp penned about his dream of giving advice to the ownership and getting sandwiches in the press box there might be some hidden cypher with directions that will lead me to ... somewhere not that special or important at all.  

5 minutes ago, Foreigner said:

7. A new thread has just started called "the process=fools gold." I am sure you can complain about the

topic on that one.

I re-read your post.  I guess Coach Tomlin and the Steelers forget to look at the tape of the Miami game?

"Coach we don't need to trust the process, we need to win the game in Foxboro, a game that almost nobody thinks we can win. Maybe, we can't, but part of

the problem in winning in the NFL is how do we stop the other guys. We already know how to do that next Sunday, the same way the Fish put it to the Pats Monday night, and that is to take Gronk out of the game, and not let a 40 year old QB with no legs and a tired arm beat you." 

11 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Likewise. 

Great points. You added a ton to the discussion per usual teef.?

My argument of the argument that Watkins and Dareus were "cancers" is utter nonsense and frankly stupid. 

Frankly stupid?  He admitted he probably rubbed teammates the wrong way...his own words!

Frankly stupid LOL!

“I felt like I was consumed, and I was angry. It was affecting my relationships with the coaches and with the players. I wanted to be great so bad, but I was also selfish, too. Because there were some games that we won and I didn’t get the ball, and I was upset. I looked at both sides of it, like, yeah, it is a point where you want to be great, but you also have to understand what we have on this team.”

"At the time, he even got his agent involved in his demand to see the ball head his way more often. That apparently didn’t sit well with his teammates in Buffalo. LeSean McCoy trolled him during a team meeting by handing him a manila envelope with 10 red targets inside, a player told Dunne, adding, “Sammy couldn’t have taken it any worse. He was so butt hurt.”

It’s easy to see in hindsight why Buffalo was eager to trade Watkins this year.

Things are much different now for Watkins, who has a whole new outlook. He admits he was obsessed with statistics back then but is more focused on the fun that comes with winning now."

“I was more of a statistics guy then,” he says. “That’s what I was chasing. That’s what I thought the league was about. I had to learn because when you’re losing, things tend to creep into your mind: I should be getting the ball more. If I do get the ball more, we’d be winning. But half the times I did have two touchdowns and 170 yards, we’re losing.

“I found out that, hey, the fun is in the winning.”

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Thank you (+1) 1

He is keep the players humble. I see nothing wrong with his comments and besides before he started his presser after the game he thanked the people that cleared the stadium, the fans and also gave props to shady. 

Move on...it's Pats week.

10 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Frankly stupid?  He admitted he probably rubbed teammates the wrong way...his own words!

Frankly stupid LOL!

“I felt like I was consumed, and I was angry. It was affecting my relationships with the coaches and with the players. I wanted to be great so bad, but I was also selfish, too. Because there were some games that we won and I didn’t get the ball, and I was upset. I looked at both sides of it, like, yeah, it is a point where you want to be great, but you also have to understand what we have on this team.”

"At the time, he even got his agent involved in his demand to see the ball head his way more often. That apparently didn’t sit well with his teammates in Buffalo. LeSean McCoy trolled him during a team meeting by handing him a manila envelope with 10 red targets inside, a player told Dunne, adding, “Sammy couldn’t have taken it any worse. He was so butt hurt.”

It’s easy to see in hindsight why Buffalo was eager to trade Watkins this year.

Things are much different now for Watkins, who has a whole new outlook. He admits he was obsessed with statistics back then but is more focused on the fun that comes with winning now."

“I was more of a statistics guy then,” he says. “That’s what I was chasing. That’s what I thought the league was about. I had to learn because when you’re losing, things tend to creep into your mind: I should be getting the ball more. If I do get the ball more, we’d be winning. But half the times I did have two touchdowns and 170 yards, we’re losing.

“I found out that, hey, the fun is in the winning.”

you know scott doesn't want to hear it.  it takes away from his angry time.  this team could win the superbowl, and scott would complain that they could have won by more points if watkins and dareus were still on the team.   and just because i know he'll go there because he doesn't have an argument....no, i don't think the bills are going to the superbowl.

edit: that move by shady is pretty outstanding.

Edited by teef
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, teef said:

you know scott doesn't want to hear it.  it takes away from his angry time.  this team could win the superbowl, and scott would complain that they could have won by more points if watkins and dareus were still on the team.   and just because i know he'll go there because he doesn't have an argument....no, i don't think the bills are going to the superbowl.

This this a million times this