More from obd

2 hours ago, Dunkirk Don said:

my Source is okay. So you know a general location. Get the exact location won’t come from me.  He knows I made an honest mistake.  He will continue to share but I cannot talk about the stadium anymore.  So that is off limits.  He did confirm with another source the bills will talk with Benjamin’s agent next week. If the bills lose, look for coaching changes soon after the season

McDermott is about loyalty 

Ok Don, I am a little confused here. In one post, you say if the Bills lose, look for coaching changes, then not long after that, you say McDermott is about loyalty. Am I missing something here? That seems to be polar opposite information.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, papazoid said:

I think 4 QB's will be gone by the 10th pick.

i'm not paying what it takes to move up.

therefore, i'm over paying cousins and using my draft picks to fill half of the 10 holes we have.

I have a hard time disagreeing with your logic. I agree that the the QB's will go early this year, we saw it last year with Trubisky, Mahomes and Watson gone by pick 12. I'm not a draft evaluator but from what I've read here and elsewhere this years crop has less question marks and it's still a QB needy league.

On the flip side, we have a lot of draft capital and at some point we need to find the QB that's going to be our no doubt starter for years to come. I'm more inclined to overpay in the draft if we can get the guy we want (i'll leave that to the evaluators and hope they get it right).

Gettleman made some comments today that made me think he's OK with Eli for next year. I'd go hard after their pick.

25 minutes ago, papazoid said:

I think 4 QB's will be gone by the 10th pick.

i'm not paying what it takes to move up.

therefore, i'm over paying cousins and using my draft picks to fill half of the 10 holes we have.

I am with you.  We will get jake Locke in the third. What do u think of Alex Smith or case keemuum

1 minute ago, SinceThe70s said:

I have a hard time disagreeing with your logic. I agree that the the QB's will go early this year, we saw it last year with Trubisky, Mahomes and Watson gone by pick 12. I'm not a draft evaluator but from what I've read here and elsewhere this years crop has less question marks and it's still a QB needy league.

On the flip side, we have a lot of draft capital and at some point we need to find the QB that's going to be our no doubt starter for years to come. I'm more inclined to overpay in the draft if we can get the guy we want (i'll leave that to the evaluators and hope they get it right).

Gettleman made some comments today that made me think he's OK with Eli for next year. I'd go hard after their pick.

They will still draft quarterback 

2 minutes ago, ducej11 said:

Ok Don, I am a little confused here. In one post, you say if the Bills lose, look for coaching changes, then not long after that, you say McDermott is about loyalty. Am I missing something here? That seems to be polar opposite information.

Line coach is gone

Darnold pick 6.  He is not playing est Carolina tonight.  Ohio state defensive is the real deal. I wnated to see how he performs against a good d. Not so good so far that is why I want a proven qb 

44 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

It was purchased in Denver on our way to a weeklong Vail trip. Didn't get eaten. One of my knucklehead friends packed it in his suitcase and took it home instead of tossing it. It's been a running joke ever since. Last Man Chili. Whoever is the last of us  left living has to eat the chili and join us. Best part is another knucklehead friend packed the chili in his suitcase for a trip to Vail a few years later.

Like I said, it's been to Vermont and we take it to parties. It even made it to a softball game a few years ago where some of my teammates who were only a few years older than the chili were amazed at the story.

Friends and I had a pint bottle of Pepe Lopez Tequila that made the rounds for years.  It was our "end times" last bottle of liquor in the world!

3 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

If we give up 3-1st+ for a bust...........................................................

It will be an interesting offseason!

3 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Friends and I had a pint bottle of Pepe Lopez Tequila that made the rounds for years.  It was our "end times" last bottle of liquor in the world!

If we give up 3-1st+ for a bust...........................................................

Yes

11 minutes ago, Dunkirk Don said:

I am with you.  We will get jake Locke in the third. What do u think of Alex Smith or case keemuum

They will still draft quarterback 

Line coach is gone

Darnold pick 6.  He is not playing est Carolina tonight.  Ohio state defensive is the real deal. I wnated to see how he performs against a good d. Not so good so far that is why I want a proven qb 

Don't tease me!

7 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Pepe Lopez? Haven't had that in many years but I'll always remember his grinning face mocking me after too many shots. He always outlasted me and was still grinning the next morning!

I hear ya on risk/reward, but at some point you gotta stop sticking your toe in the pool and jump in. We tried and failed with EJ. Unless the staff has a strong belief in Peterman (they might), its time to make the plunge.

Do you have a box, don’t open, people will pay big money for them.  I have 10unopened boxes

Literally tens of dollars on eBay!  I'm going to sell my 5 boxes and buy the land for New Hammer's Lot at New New Era Field @ Letchworth State Park Stadium.

2 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Pepe Lopez? Haven't had that in many years but I'll always remember his grinning face mocking me after too many shots. He always outlasted me and was still grinning the next morning!

I hear ya on risk/reward, but at some point you gotta stop sticking your toe in the pool and jump in. We tried and failed with EJ. Unless the staff has a strong belief in Peterman (they might), its time to make the plunge.

They can't roll with Peterman, they can't..........................could they?

No, I would not.

Bills need to sign a decent vet FA first....................then do the best they can during the draft.

There is no guarantee someone will trade with us.

31 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

They can't roll with Peterman, they can't..........................could they?

No, I would not.

Bills need to sign a decent vet FA first....................then do the best they can during the draft.

There is no guarantee someone will trade with us.

In principle I think most fans would agree that we need a veteran to backup and possibly/probably start the season. And more importantly the up-and-comer, new shiny toy to take us to the promised land.

I don't see Peterman as either, but it was only one game and maybe the coaching staff has high hopes for him.

Seems like a large contingent of the board is so fed up with TT that they can't stomach him as the caretaker for next year. I'd be fine with that if we grab someone in the draft and I think that's the best course of action right now. Maybe you could argue that a vet FA would be cheaper/better than TT, if so I'd like to know who that is.

Edited by SinceThe70s