More from obd

2 minutes ago, RobH063 said:

I know way back toward the beginning of this thread I said it wasn't a good idea to meet people from the online world but damn, if I don't want to meet many from this thread in a bar so I can buy them a few drinks.

Sure! I like Wheat Beer!

2 minutes ago, RobH063 said:

I know way back toward the beginning of this thread I said it wasn't a good idea to meet people from the online world but damn, if I don't want to meet many from this thread in a bar so I can buy them a few drinks.

Let's all meet up at Walleye Willies East next to the new stadium in Letchworth.

I'll buy the 1st round!

2 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

That's much worse than canned chili. I have a large can of Hormel Chili circa 1995 in my possession. Purchased in Denver, it has travelled from there to Vail to Long Island to Vail and back with a few trips to Vermont along the way. Somewhere around 1999 we called the 800 number on the label and we were told that it would still be "tasty" for a few more years. 

I wonder what would be safer to eat, my pristine box of Flutie Flakes or the chili?

I'm almost afraid to ask.....Why are you hanging on to a can of Hormel Chili? You can get one in most grocery stores any time you want one

2 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

That's much worse than canned chili. I have a large can of Hormel Chili circa 1995 in my possession. Purchased in Denver, it has travelled from there to Vail to Long Island to Vail and back with a few trips to Vermont along the way. Somewhere around 1999 we called the 800 number on the label and we were told that it would still be "tasty" for a few more years. 

I wonder what would be safer to eat, my pristine box of Flutie Flakes or the chili?

I have some Canned Skyline chili meat sauce mmm mmmm , in my pantry. it is over five years now. the one i was replacing was about twenty. I will never eat it.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, 145B4IDIE said:
4 minutes ago, RobH063 said:

Sure! I like Wheat Beer!

Just now, ColoradoBills said:
4 minutes ago, RobH063 said:

Let's all meet up at Walleye Willies East next to the new stadium in Letchworth.

I'll buy the 1st round!

Now you guys are talkin!

31 minutes ago, papazoid said:

beane & McD over pay or franchise tag a WR ???....not happening

in fact, i'll go so far as to say he will not be on team at that $8.5 mil cap hit for 2018. he either signs a long term- team friendly deal or gets cut

I agree. That is why I said it was significant 

1 hour ago, Dunkirk Don said:

Corn Flakes were created (by accident, of course) during a search for good, wholesome vegetarian food. William Kellogg and his brother, John Kellogg, are the masterminds behind one of the world’s most popular cold cereals.

In 1894, John was the chief medical officer of Battle Creek Sanitarium in Michigan, which was run based on Seventh-day Adventist health principles of a vegetarian diet. Will worked at the sanitarium as a bookkeeper and manager, but under the guidance of his brother, he became very interested in health and nutrition. He eventually helped John search for new, wholesome diets for patients. The two brothers were in search of an easily digestible bread substitute, which led them to boiling wheat to make dough. Go on line to read the rest.  You guys are so ridiculous 

Make some more fun when you don’t know the facts.  If you want I can find out about fruit loops as well

But it never turned into dough. They let the wheat boil for far too long. When Will rolled out the wheat, it separated into large, flat flakes. After baking and tasting, the brothers decided it was a delicious, healthy snack worthy of their patients. “Granose” flakes received rave reviews and patients pleaded for more after they left the sanitarium.

Facts about corn flakes

35 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Damn I missed that one! The gift that keeps on giving. 

Look it up on how corn flakes were invented.  Look in mirror and say I do believe In Dunkirk don I do believe in Dunkirk don

36 minutes ago, 145B4IDIE said:

for all 10 or each? and what color boxes you have?

Each. I collect things. I have mint condition look and life magazines when jfk was assassinted worth thousands.

I am amazed you guys make fun of me about how corn flakes were invented, I proved you wrong but yet you still keep going with bad jokes.  I hate being right all the time, I really do but I am trying to have an intelligent conversation on football

How many are going to watch the cotton bowl.  We might be watching the next quarterback of your hometown Buffalo Bills.  I know this is a pipe dream but think big Donny boy.

44 minutes ago, papazoid said:

beane & McD over pay or franchise tag a WR ???....not happening

in fact, i'll go so far as to say he will not be on team at that $8.5 mil cap hit for 2018. he either signs a long term- team friendly deal or gets cut

I think we need him but we cannot overpay

Would you go with darnold or rosen

46 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Damn I missed that one! The gift that keeps on giving. 

Corn Flakes were created (by accident, of course) during a search for good, wholesome vegetarian food. William Kellogg and his brother, John Kellogg, are the masterminds behind one of the world’s most popular cold cereals.

In 1894, John was the chief medical officer of Battle Creek Sanitarium in Michigan, which was run based on Seventh-day Adventist health principles of a vegetarian diet. Will worked at the sanitarium as a bookkeeper and manager, but under the guidance of his brother, he became very interested in health and nutrition. He eventually helped John search for new, wholesome diets for patients. The two brothers were in search of an easily digestible bread substitute, which led them to boiling wheat to make dough. Go on line to read the rest.  You guys are so ridiculous 

Make some more fun when you don’t know the facts.  If you want I can find out about fruit loops as well

But it never turned into dough. They let the wheat boil for far too long. When Will rolled out the wheat, it separated into large, flat flakes. After baking and tasting, the brothers decided it was a delicious, healthy snack worthy of their patients. “Granose” flakes

5 minutes ago, Dunkirk Don said:

How many are going to watch the cotton bowl.  We might be watching the next quarterback of your hometown Buffalo Bills.  I know this is a pipe dream but think big Donny boy.

No kidding! JT Barrett would look amazing in red, white and blue. Dare to dream.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

No kidding! JT Barrett would look amazing in red, white and blue. Dare to dream.

I agree. I hope the Giants take Barrett.

9 minutes ago, Dunkirk Don said:

Darnold by a significant margin.

37 minutes ago, RobH063 said:

I'm almost afraid to ask.....Why are you hanging on to a can of Hormel Chili? You can get one in most grocery stores any time you want one

It was purchased in Denver on our way to a weeklong Vail trip. Didn't get eaten. One of my knucklehead friends packed it in his suitcase and took it home instead of tossing it. It's been a running joke ever since. Last Man Chili. Whoever is the last of us  left living has to eat the chili and join us. Best part is another knucklehead friend packed the chili in his suitcase for a trip to Vail a few years later.

Like I said, it's been to Vermont and we take it to parties. It even made it to a softball game a few years ago where some of my teammates who were only a few years older than the chili were amazed at the story.

Edited by SinceThe70s
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Barrett is just like Tyrod Taylor only slower and less accurate. What’s not to love?

As long as he can get past that 190 yard threshold on at least 30 attempts with no interceptions and the possibility of a TD pass, I’m all for it.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Dunkirk Don said:

I think 4 QB's will be gone by the 10th pick.

i'm not paying what it takes to move up.

therefore, i'm over paying cousins and using my draft picks to fill half of the 10 holes we have.