Week 15: Dolphins' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

26CornerBlitz

12-15: Rick Dennison with Howard Simon (8:17)

Dennison - Shady is dynamic with the ball in his hands. He really studies hard, he's energetic. When he has the ball in his hands, he comes to life. #Bills

Dennison - we really took a look at what we needed to change in the run game during the bye week, and everyone has bought in to what we've wanted to do. #Bills

Dennison - Miami's defense is very strong up front. They may not have the best numbers (sacks), but they sure can affect the quarterback. The entire unit has been playing really well over the last few weeks. #Bills

BILLS TODAY: WILL SUNDAY BE FINAL HOME GAME FOR KYLE WILLIAMS?

bills-today-12-15-story.jpg

Here's the Bills news of note for Dec. 15th.

MICAH HYDE: "EVERY GAME IS A PLAYOFF GAME" (3:17)
Bills S Micah Hyde spoke with the media in the locker room following Wednesday's practice, topics include; taking the season one week at a time, challenges with Miami's offensive weapons and his thoughts on S Jordan Poyer being named the team’s Ed Block Courage Award winner.

JORDAN POYER: "ONE GAME AT A TIME" (4:47)
Bills S Jordan Poyer spoke with the media in the locker room following Wednesday's practice, topics include; his thoughts on being named the team’s Ed Block Courage Award winner for 2017, big divisional games ahead for the team, and preparing for this Sunday's game against Jay Cutler, Kenyan Drake and the Miami offense.

I like Tyrod, 26. But the complete ‘Book’ is out on him, League wide. Most of us knew it after his 1st season, but hoped for development that never materialized. Granted, he doesn’t have Sammy anymore -which strips him of his best pass, but his glaring deficiencies as a 7 year pro are as prevalent as ever and all teams now shadow him in the pocket and disdain coverage over the middle. He came here wanting a chance to start, got it, and has shown his ceiling. IMO, he’s a good back up, who could tie a team over for a few weeks, but never gonna be a true starter again.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, stuvian said:

if we start Peterman we are deliberately tanking

this makes no sense. 

7 wins is not tanking. if I thought a team was tanking it would be the browns or indy.

I understand where the peterman detractors would think so though. taylor likely starts but will he make it through the whole game or will 50 yds passing and 4 sacks or worse yet a bruised knee take him back to the bench?

Just now, Chandler#81 said:

I like Tyrod, 26. But the complete ‘Book’ is out on him, League wide. Most of us knew it after his 1st season, but hoped for development that never materialized. Granted, he doesn’t have Sammy anymore -which strips him of his best pass, but his glaring deficiencies as a 7 year pro are as prevalent as ever and all teams now shadow him in the pocket and disdain coverage over the middle. He came here wanting a chance to start, got it, and has shown his ceiling. IMO, he’s a good back up, who could tie a team over for a few weeks, but never gonna be a true starter again.

We certainly know that he's not the long term answer, but he's the best we have right now in 2017. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

this makes no sense. 

7 wins is not tanking. if I thought a team was tanking it would be the browns or indy.

I understand where the peterman detractors would think so though. taylor likely starts but will he make it through the whole game or will 50 yds passing and 4 sacks or worse yet a bruised knee take him back to the bench?

He's played well vs Miami. I think they'll be fine as long as the defense plays well. I just want to see Tyrod trust Benjamin the way Peterman does. Throw it up and let the big man get it.

IMO it doesn't matter who starts TT has expereince and can be dynamic but I agree the formula for keeping him contain limits his abilities

Peterman has the quick pass and arm to make plays but is inexpereince

Either one who starts gives us strengths and weaknesses...  It'll come down to execution from the rest of the team

Again, respectfully, I disagree. We know his highest level. It simply isn’t good enough. We DON’T know Peterman’s level -and won’t for a few seasons. But there’s encouragement there and with 3 games left in his rookie season (with seemingly important impact), it’s so important for McBeane et al to get a firm assessment of him with such a pivotal Draft 4 months away. Tyrod isn’t the answer and I’m personally convinced won’t be a Bill after the season finale. Do we mortgage multiple HIGH PICKS for the college QB we want or a trade/FA, or select who’s available at our picks and add him to the Peterman debate? For me, that’s all that’s left for this season -and it’s Very important.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Again, respectfully, I disagree. We know his highest level. It simply isn’t good enough. We DON’T know Peterman’s level -and won’t for a few seasons. But there’s encouragement there and with 3 games left in his rookie season (with seemingly important impact), it’s so important for McBeane et al to get a firm assessment of him with such a pivotal Draft 4 months away. Tyrod isn’t the answer and I’m personally convinced won’t be a Bill after the season finale. Do we mortgage multiple HIGH PICKS for the college QB we want or a trade/FA, or select who’s available at our picks and add him to the Peterman debate? For me, that’s all that’s left for this season -and it’s Very important.

The team is trying to win this season and that's why Tyrod is starting this week.  Peterman's presence on the roster doesn't and shouldn't alter the plans to acquire a potential franchise QB in the 2018 draft as IMO he's a journeyman backup type who's already shown that he's not ready to take the reins to give the team the best chance to win right now.  This isn't the time to experiment with a shot at the playoffs on the line. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

He's played well vs Miami. I think they'll be fine as long as the defense plays well. I just want to see Tyrod trust Benjamin the way Peterman does. Throw it up and let the big man get it.

playing well against miami was last season. like mentioned teams have figured his game out and shut him down. I have little to no faith taylor gets it done. as for benjamin, he hasn't been very reliable since coming here. is he questionable for this game after going out last week with an injury?

NFL RUNDOWN
As the playoffs draw nearer, this weekend is sure to be full of drama, storylines and some great football. Here's a look at the key players and coaches who you won't want to miss in Week 15.

7) Sean McDermott, head coach, Buffalo Bills: Speaking of Saint Nick, the Bills deserve credit for winning ugly in North Pole conditions last weekend against the Colts. Bouncing through the frigid snowfields of the East, Buffalo kept its playoff hopes alive, adding another successful chapter to the first-year reign of Sean McDermott. It's a foreign concept for humans from Foxborough or Green Bay, but Buffalo's playoff drought dates back to 1999, a pre-9/11 civilization that knew nothing of hanging chads or the "Shahs of Sunset." A more innocent time when the Bills were a thing and Bill Belichick was praying for a second chance to direct a football team. McDermott lost points for his awkward benching of Tyrod Taylor, but he's regained momentum with the Bills clinging to the sixth seed in the AFC and holding the tie-breaker over Baltimore based on strength of victory. With two games left against Miami -- sandwiched around a road tilt with New England -- anything is possible.

20 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

How many times has Taylor given us a must win game?  

Winning out is their only shot at a chance for a WC.   

Its as if the Bills are in the playoffs already.   One loss and it’s over.   

That's really not true. There is a clear path to playoffs at 9-7 and it doesn't require crazy **** like Browns beating Ravens. It's fairly realistic IF the Bills can do their part.

Edited by theAteam

21 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

playing well against miami was last season. like mentioned teams have figured his game out and shut him down. I have little to no faith taylor gets it done. as for benjamin, he hasn't been very reliable since coming here. is he questionable for this game after going out last week with an injury?

and he had Watkins and Woods last year

5 minutes ago, nucci said:

That's not what I said. 

you're right. it's what I said. I see no reason to bring up two traded players then. if he plays, he has benjamin, jones and still has shady. so, I see no reason to bring up those two you mentioned other than just an excuse that he has no one to throw to?

3 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

you're right. it's what I said. I see no reason to bring up two traded players then. if he plays, he has benjamin, jones and still has shady. so, I see no reason to bring up those two you mentioned other than just an excuse that he has no one to throw to?

Then just ignore me

50 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

How many times has Taylor given us a must win game?  

Winning out is their only shot at a chance for a WC.   

Its as if the Bills are in the playoffs already.   One loss and it’s over.   

The answer is never.  He is unable to carry the team alone. I think Peterman has the tools to do so. Start Peterman or bring him in quickly if things are going sideways.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

you can do the same. I mean when fans have opposite opinions, why not just ignore it. good call

I didn't give an opinion. I just stated we had different WRs last year....you inferred I was making excuses for Taylor's poor play

1 minute ago, nucci said:

I didn't give an opinion. I just stated we had different WRs last year....you inferred I was making excuses for Taylor's poor play

what was your intent on reminding that they were different wr's then?

not an opinion or excuse then what?

regardless, he has been officially named starter and one can only hope he lasts the half, doesn't bruise his knee and throws for more than 60 yds?

Just now, HappyDays said:

Dunkirk Don was right. Tyrod the starter, Peterman still out with his concussion, Joe Webb the backup.

Kirk Cousins to Buffalo has officially been confirmed.

If he was that bad, he wouldn't have been on the practice field these past two days. 

22 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Dunkirk Don was right. Tyrod the starter, Peterman still out with his concussion, Joe Webb the backup.

Kirk Cousins to Buffalo has officially been confirmed.

According to DD, Tyrod will be the starter the rest of the season regardless of Peterman's health or if we win or lose.  This has yet to be confirmed...

His words:  "Just in from my source, Taylor will start remainder of season regardless of win/ lose."

Edited by buffaloboyinATL