T. White a Top Ten CB?

On 12/7/2017 at 6:43 PM, 26CornerBlitz said:

2. TRE’DAVIOUS WHITE, CB, BUFFALO BILLS

PFF Grade90.5

PFF Elite Stat: White has allowed a reception just once per every 14.5 snaps he’s spent in coverage, tied for the 14th-best rate out of 119 qualified cornerbacks.

White has officially joined the illustrious PFF Elite Club as he’s one of just 35 players to own an elite overall grade after 13 weeks of the season. The first-round pick has graded below 70.0 in just one game all season and he’s really turned it on as of late, finishing three of his last four games with grades north of 80.0 (he’s finished seven games this season with a grade of at least 80.0). White has been directly responsible (whether it be via pass breakup, interception, hitting a receiver and knocking the ball loose, proximity of his coverage) for an incompletion on 23.8 percent of the targets thrown into his coverage, the second-best rate among the 32 cornerbacks who’ve spent at least 400 snaps in coverage this year. White jumps over Lattimore this week because even though Lattimore has a slightly higher grade, both have been elite, and White has been on the field for 334 more snaps.

1713-NFL-ROY-768x432.jpg

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-2017-nfl-rookie-rankings-through-week-13

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

I'm happy he's playing decent for the 1st rd pick we used to replace our former 1st rd 2012 pick or 2nd rd 2013 pick. White is Darby 2.0 right now which is great and I have nothing against him as a player.

Not happy with the Bills pathetic offense when we desperately have needed a QB for only 15 years now is all.

This crap is wearing me thin.

april maybe?

white is the real deal.

Not for me. I like the kid, but I liked Darby a lot too his rookie year and he slumped quite a bit the next season. Give the kid a chance to put two or three good years together before we start talking top ten.

Sherman

Norman

Slay

Peterson

Harris Jr

Rhodes

Bouye

Hayward

Peters

Trufant

I think those guys are the top ten right now. Before Haden and Jimmy Smith got injured they would have been up there too.

13 hours ago, Jamie Muellers Ghost said:

Been impressed, all rookie team for certain, but Lattimore would still of been awesome.

Would you rather have Lattimore or white and an extra 1st?  I don’t think it’s even close we made the right move (other than draft Watson or maybe Maholmes if he pans out)

7 hours ago, Dunkirk Don said:

Best pick in awhile.  Will go down as best in team history barring injury 

I think that’s a bit far fetched.  Better than Bruce Smith, Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas, andre reed?  Better than Kyle Williams in the 5th?  He’s a very ,very good player and one day may be in the HoF, but I don’t think he’ll ever be regarded as the best Bills draft pick ever.  For them him to become the best, we’ll have to win a SB with him as a top 3 player on the team.  Could happen I suppose, but very doubtful imo 

56 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Not for me. I like the kid, but I liked Darby a lot too his rookie year and he slumped quite a bit the next season. Give the kid a chance to put two or three good years together before we start talking top ten.

Sherman

Norman

Slay

Peterson

Harris Jr

Rhodes

Bouye

Hayward

Peters

Trufant

I think those guys are the top ten right now. Before Haden and Jimmy Smith got injured they would have been up there too.

Good list.  Personally i’m not a big fan of peters though. Can’t argue with him being top 10, but I’d rather have White

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

Sherman

Norman

Slay

Peterson

Harris Jr

Rhodes

Bouye

Hayward

Peters

Trufant

Darby is the exception, not the rule.

14 hours ago, Doc said:

White and a likely top-15 pick from the Chefs next year is far better.

Agreed, but Lattimore is more physical player which I like and who knows what the extra pick will be, if KC somehow holds out the division it may be 25th. The extra 1st pick the Bills gave the Browns in the Sammy trade is out of the league I believe ?

9 minutes ago, Jamie Muellers Ghost said:

Agreed, but Lattimore is more physical player which I like and who knows what the extra pick will be, if KC somehow holds out the division it may be 25th. The extra 1st pick the Bills gave the Browns in the Sammy trade is out of the league I believe ?

I'd still take White, who doesn't benefit from the pass rush Lattimore does, and the draft pick, which they, and not the Browns, will be picking.  And the Chefs are going 1-3 at best and will lose the division to the Chargers.

Cant play if you dont have a ticket they say

Even if you take the pick at just face value and do not include the 1st rounder (lets keep in mind here KC is free falling) its still a great pick.......we picked Gilmore much higher and Gilmore did not look this good his rookie year.