The time has come to lose out.

You getting this OBD?  Stop trying. Put the worst guys out there. Better yet, just forfeit the rest of the games because that will surely mean your personnel department and scouts will make the correct evaluations on players for every high pick as a result of losing.  It works every time without fail, so just lose.

24 minutes ago, McBean said:

Fans the past 10 years have said you’re wrong because “you play to win the game!”

Yet, we’ve missed out on Cam Newton, Andrew Luck, Big Ben, and the list goes on.

I don’t know how much longer I can watch pathetic QB play. The last time we made the playoffs I was 9...now I’m turning 28 this month.

your math’s a little off... but I hear what you’re saying.

1 hour ago, Fadingpain said:

If Tyrod is hurt seriously enough to shelf him for the season and Peterman plays all the games, we may very well struggle to get another win.

So it could be an accidental tank, but what the hell.

really??  Play Taylor and lose out - with him they have the worst passing offense in the league.  Peterman looks competent throwing the football - keep HIM on the bench if you want to tank!

1 hour ago, joesixpack said:

This team isn't making the playoffs, and a difference of 10 slots in the draft will help to ensure the future of the franchise. The time has come to lose out. And we need to also hope the chiefs continue their slide. 8-8 is a disease, and if they try and win these games, that's where they'll end up. Do it. Do what's right for a change. Tank the rest of the season.

I couldn’t agree more ! 

Its laughable to see some  people on here still talking about playoffs , it’s time to think about the future and drafting our franchise QB , the whole Tyrod experiment it’s done and over with , we need to let Peterman close out the season and see if he’s even a capable backup , maybe he could be our franc Reich , 

I hope that if the FO believes that there’s a franchise  QB in this draft ( no matter the cost ) they pull the trigger , I know we have a lot holes to fill on this roaster , but enough is enough QB should be our biggest priority !!!

There’s no way in HELL I can go another season with Tyrod as our starting QB , 

30 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

on the positive side the Chieifs keep losing

Meaning that there might be enough ammo to trade up with San Francisco if there is a QB they covet. 

There are a lot of QB's with 1st and 2nd round grades and evaluations are all over the place, so our 1st, the Chiefs 1st, and our 2nd could be enough to swap with San Francisco if Darnold declares and they project him as a franchise guy. Anyone who projects San Francisco to stay with the 2nd pick is crazy given that new York will be looking for a QB as well.

Philadelphia traded up for Wentz and it might take them to the Superbowl this year, so Beane might pounce if he thinks his guy is there.  Its a copycat league, so Beane may have been planning this all along, because if he lands a franchise signal caller on a rookie deal with a lot of cap space there is a lot that he can do if Bill and Tom retire in the next year or two.

Tanking would make it difficult to attract free agent talent, and its not going to move them up the board enough for them to avoid having to trade away extra picks.... if there is someone they are targeting.

Edited by MURPHD6
  • Like (+1) 1

Me too. I think they are the only team that will be willing to part with two 1st round picks this year. San Fran has a QB that they are bringing along slowly and they have  too many holes to fill not to trade down. Beane would also be crazy to let a franchise QB fall to the jets. He might have to give up three ones (two this year, one next year) and a two to do it, and there will be people who are going to hate him for it. But if he bags Darnold and Darnold turns out to be a franchise guy (on a rookie deal) when Brady retires, they will have a decent shot at unseating New England, and not only making the playoffs, but securing a by and home field advantage.

Also Jimmy G looked good despite having no WR's. IF everything shakes out accordingly the Bills or Chiefs pick will be high enough to land San Franciso the top WR in the draft in a week WR year. Tanking is really not needed given how everything is playing out. 

Edited by MURPHD6

I don't think its time to lose out but its time to run with Peterman the rest of the season and give other bubble players a shot at proving themsleves.

34 minutes ago, Southtown Tommy said:

really??  Play Taylor and lose out - with him they have the worst passing offense in the league.  Peterman looks competent throwing the football - keep HIM on the bench if you want to tank!

Peterman throws quick passes and timing routes but i see no evidence yet that he can survey a field make the proper hot read and go through progresions, while not making very ill advised throws

but this is why you play him to see if he gets better..

For me, this year is turning out pretty much how I thought it would, given the turn over in the front office, the coaching staff, and players. I am not going to use 12 games as my basis for determining the quality of the front office or coaching staff - particularly given the talent that has been traded away (most of which I agree with even though it almost certainly hurt the team's chances at being more successful this year) and the severe limitations at the QB position.

I have been an avid fan for almost 50 years and truly would love to see a fundamentally sound team that believes in itself and consistently challenges for the division title and a playoff spot. That doesn't happen overnight - and it certainly doesn't begin by intentionally losing. Tanking is a ridiculous notion. This regime was always going to succeed or fail beginning with trying to establish the foundations of a culture this year and then build on that with what they do next year in Free Agency and the draft.

They need an upgrade in talent in a number of areas, beginning at QB. Taylor is not the answer, nor, do I believe, is Peterman. However, I would like to see what Peterman can do for the remainder of the season to see if he could at least be a reliable back up. I want to see the team continue to play hard, win or lose, for the remainder of this year, see how they do at finding the right talent in free agency and the draft (beginning at QB), and what direction the team takes next year.

Talk of tanking and/or getting rid of the GM and coach (all of which I have seen in numerous posts) after 12 games are, IMHO, not only non-productive solutions to ending 18 years of futility - but, again IMHO, almost guaranteeing a continuation of the very thing we are hoping to end.

Edited by billsfan1959

2 hours ago, Fallser said:

Go for the 6-10...something dumb like 8-8 gets us no where near where we need to be.

Yeah!! 6-10!!  That’s how winners start!  Man losing really is in your dna ha? 

7 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Losing culture. I guess it includes the fan base.

No kidding. Not sure you can get more pathetic than wanting your team to lose.  

3 hours ago, joesixpack said:

This team isn't making the playoffs, and a difference of 10 slots in the draft will help to ensure the future of the franchise. The time has come to lose out. And we need to also hope the chiefs continue their slide. 8-8 is a disease, and if they try and win these games, that's where they'll end up. Do it. Do what's right for a change. Tank the rest of the season.

Please change your name to joeloser.  You have nothing in common with the devil.