Is anyone here really a Tyrod fan?

Billsfan1972

2 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

don't lump me in with the others 

see how simple that lesson was 

you act like your statements over the last 3 weeks have been fair. when crap was hitting the fan around here about taylor you were one of about 4 or 5 ring leaders I can think of as I observed this board.... I guess that's where we hit the impasse. while we both agree we don't want him long term our views on him and the situation he's been in and what he's offered are much different. and in my not so humble opinion your thoughts are completely 100% dead wrong. but whatever

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Stank_Nasty said:

you 2 both have had some really strong opinions on taylor. unjust ones at that.... ive been ready to move on for a year now. but some of what you guys go on about him is just absurd.

Dude we all want the same thing for the team to be better.

IMO people do not like when posters say Tyrod is what he is and is not good enough while other posters do not like when a poster props him up and compares him to the likes of Kelly, Brees, Brady and many others in the millions of Tyrod threads  because his stats look a certain way after a game. The D either helps the win or we lose but yet Tyrod had a great game looking at his 100 yard stats.

Funny thing is we all want the team to be successful but IMO I think more and more are tierd of the excuses as to why he is not franchise worthy yet. People see a shiny new vet drive by they want one too. I am sure they ask mom and dad for one but all they get is the same old answer that the Prius is good enough. The question is good enough for what? 

• Like (+1) 1

I have mixed feelings about Tyrod. I'm neutral on him. I've cheered his good plays and I grumbled at the lack of production on offense in games. I agree with points on both sides of the great Tyrod debate.

I do see value in him. He offers some stability to a very unstable environment. I want him to over come his hurdles and silence his doubters. Sadly he was unable to really take that next step this year. Although I wouldn't put the blame all on him for all his struggles. I think outside factors attribute to that as well. 

I'll always wonder the real Truth about Tyrod when he leaves the building for the last time. How much was the lack of offensive production was him compared to those around him. Im starting to think it was the people around him bringing him down.

I'm a fan of Tyrod. Even after he leaves the team I'll keep an eye out to see if he ever does overcome those hurtles and silence his doubters. I'm just a bigger fan of the Bills so I want the entire team to be competitive in every game and if that takes moving on then I understand but don't necessarily agree.

Edited by Lfod
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Lfod said:

I have mixed feelings about Tyrod. I'm neutral on him. I've cheered his good plays and I grumbled at the lack of production on offense in games. I agree with points on both sides of the great Tyrod debate.

I do see value in him. He offers some stability to a very unstable environment. I want him to over come his hurdles and silence his doubters. Sadly he was unable to really take that next step this year. Although I wouldn't put the blame all on him for all his struggles. I think outside factors attribute to that as well. 

I'll always wonder the real Truth about Tyrod when he leaves the building for the last time. How much was the lack of offensive production was him compared to those around him. Im starting to think it was the people around him bringing him down.

I'm a fan of Tyrod. Even after he leaves the team I'll keep an eye out to see if he ever does overcome those hurtles and silence his doubters. I'm just a bigger fan of the Bills so I want the entire team to be competitive in every game.

This is absolutely fantastic. 

8 hours ago, T-Bomb said:

Except it's not working for Dak this season...

I was fine with Taylor getting 3 years, he's gotten close enough to that for me...

The conundrum atm is, do we want a chance to back into the playoff's with Taylor as QB, or do we want to see what Peterman is before the draft?

I think the draft is way more important than ending the drought.  I sure as hell don't want them passing on a QB in the draft because they think they have something in Peterman that they don't.

It's not working for Dak because he's been missing his starting LT and his starting RB.

To me, you're building up a false choice.  There is no need to see what Peterman is before the draft.  If there is a QB they think could be a franchise guy, they have got to draft him, even if they play Peterman and every game, he throws laser-guided footballs trailed by multicolor starbursts which unerringly find the correct jerseys while rainbow colored unicorns loose cinnamon-scented farts on the sideline.  The reason is, many QB look good initially, until the League gets some film on them and figures out the weak points to exploit.  When you have a guy drafted in the 5th round who set NFL records for ineptitude in his first game, you don't give up on him, no, but you don't count on him being "the man" even if he shows promise in several late-season games.

That, in case you've forgotten, is how we wound up with 2 years of Edwards and 4 years of Fitzpatrick - we needed to "see what they had" and they looked promising, so....

Draft your QB.  Bring in another FA too if you can and you don't like Taylor.  The guy they draft may be better; Peterman may develop and be better.  Then you have 2 good QB, and that's a Good Thing. 

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

15 hours ago, T-Bomb said:

IMO we've seen enough of Taylor despite the play calling, despite the OL play, despite the injuries,  yadda...

If Taylor was an elite QB, or even a very good QB, we'd have seen it by now, no more excuses please.

And yet you retain his pic and board name.

8 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

you act like your statements over the last 3 weeks have been fair. when crap was hitting the fan around here about taylor you were one of about 4 or 5 ring leaders I can think of as I observed this board.... I guess that's where we hit the impasse. while we both agree we don't want him long term our views on him and the situation he's been in and what he's offered are much different. and in my not so humble opinion your thoughts are completely 100% dead wrong. but whatever

Shady is one of the crusaders. No doubt about it.

16 hours ago, McNubbins said:

I'm a Tyrod fan because I'm a Bills fan.  Right now he's the best option available.  I don't really get the idea of rooting for a single player.  Root for the team, and Tyrod is our best QB for this season.

Yup, so long as the goal is to improve on Taylor ASAP.

And for as much as I don't get the bolded part, I really don't get the fanboys who cling to sub-par performers after they've left the Bills.  I'm sure after he leaves the die hard crowd will be posting about every half-way decent thing Taylor does for the rest of his career.   Just like they do with Watkins and used to do with Spiller.

I think he's a really good QB

Avoiding sacks and Ints and making third downs with your legs counts for a lot IMO

Almost 99% certain this tire fire of an organization will have a down grade in talent at the position next year because Dr Process doesn't like anything unconventional like raisins in his bran, chunky peanut butter or not pocket passing QB's

14 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

NEWSFLASH : Benching Taylor for Peterman was colossally stupid.

Disagree. Not everything that doesn't work out is stupid.

This certainly was a failure but the team didn't have a problem with it, anymore than they had a problem with bringing Tyrod back. They got some extra info on Peterman and his progress and it's not like they weren't able to bring Tyrod back for the second half. Not all failures were stupid. Plenty were worth trying.

Depends what they were after. They weren't gonna win that game anyway.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 3

13 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

BadLandsMeanie made the same point, in his case backed up with careful film analysis. 

It's a well-known principle that once QB start regularly in the NFL, it can take them 2-4 years to reach their best potential (years on the bench not the same thing as live action)

With Tyrod, he may have taken a step forward, he may have taken a step back - behind this OL and with the plays being called, I can't tell!

I think everyone agrees that Taylor is not, and is not likely to grow into, Tom Brady, or Rodgers, or Brees.  Wentz or Luck may be in that elite category.

The problem is that a number of other QB who look better, such as Dak Prescott or Derek Carr, are facilitated by excellent OL, a strong running game, elite WR/TE, scheme that utilizes their strengths, or all of the above.

Taylor looked much better at times last year when the OL was playing better and the run game was top-of-the-league.

The well-known principle isn't once they start it can take 2 - 4 years. 

It's pretty much guys who become starters in their first year or so who get given 4 years to come around. I can't think of anyone who sat the bench for four years like Tyrod who was then given four years. After sitting that long, you ought to have a major head start when you do get into the action. As I've said many times before there is one guy - Gannon - who wasn't already a franchise guy after six years who became one. Guys with that kind of a head start don't usually need three or four years to figure. We usually know after a year or two at the most, with Gannon the only exception.

As for being better last year? Boy, I didn't see it. Since those excellent first seven games or so of his first year, after which they figured him out, Tyrod's been what he is, a guy who has good games ... and then bad ones. Consistently inconsistent. Look at his stats for the two years. Pretty close. Completion percentage a bit up, acceptable both years, TD % exactly the same, quite low both years, INT % slightly down, terrific both years, Y/A significantly down but low both years, passer rating ever so slightly up, about a point and a half. He's the same guy.