Tyrod to start vs Chiefs

YoloinOhio

11 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

What I'd like to see from Tyrod and the coaching staff: this is an absolute must-win if you want to keep those dwindling playoff hopes alive. And for Tyrod personally, that means this is probably his last chance to show us that "Tyrod unleashed" we were promised.

Throw caution to the wind. A running Tyrod is  good Tyrod.  You'd have to be nuts to think that even with a sputtering offense the Chiefs will put up less than 28 points on us. That means you've got to score. Go for it. You're playing for free agency too. 

Oh I agree on the running part.  Stop with the five step drops....get Taylor out of the pocket....let him run the ball more which should open up the pass.  I've never understood why Dennison insists on making him a pocket passer.

1 hour ago, Billzgobowlin said:

If you were to believe a lot of the media in town, most players were on board with replacing Tyrod initially

The natural state for a team player is to believe that the coaching staff spends more time reviewing the big picture and trust they are making the right decision.

The natural state for the smart employee is to keep their mouth shut to the media when they disagree with the boss.  "Pissing in the boss-man's wheaties" by publicly second-guessing decisions he's already made and announced to the press is not a CRE (career-enhancing move) in any organization

3 minutes ago, kota said:

Mistake.  We lose this week anyway.  Let Peterman play.

Why?  I would like to understand the mindset here.  What do you see as the benefit?

Just now, BeefCurtns said:

It wouldnt matter If Christ was the QB Sunday our defense is a seive. With that offense??? Yeah 5-6 next.

So let's trot out the completely unready 5th round rookie who just had one of the worst stat lines in NFL history.  Maybe he'll injure himself in addition to throwing multiple picks this time.  

Madness.

2 minutes ago, Bills757 said:

Oh I agree on the running part.  Stop with the five step drops....get Taylor out of the pocket....let him run the ball more which should open up the pass.  I've never understood why Dennison insists on making him a pocket passer.

QBs who can't pass from the pocket don't succeed in the NFL.

Doesn't mean he should exclusively be a pocket passer...but if he can't be, you get results like against New Orleans.

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Again: I would like to understand in what way you feel starting Peterman would be "doing it for the future"?  I'm trying to grasp the mindset.

I don't get it either.

People need to understand that Peterman may have played himself out of a career last week.  I don't know if you can come back from a game like that in today's NFL.  He's not going to just dust himself and be fine like McD and board koolaid drinkers like to think.

Protect his psyche, start Tyrod, play boring football for the rest of the season, and get a real QB next year.  Simple stuff.

21 minutes ago, yungmack said:

Let's see if I understand the current QB analysis. When Natty Pete stinks up the O, it's because the LINE sucks. When TT has a lousy performance behind that same line, it's because HE sucks. That about it?

I agree the O-Line has been bad for both QB's but the Chargers have the best D-Line in the NFL and they pressured a QB like I've never seen before. There is no way you can honestly say that you could get a true evaluate of a QB with the way Peterman was being pressured. 

The O-Line has played average against weaker defenses and gave Taylor at least some time to throw. We know what Taylor is and we know he will not be here after this season. If we lose vs KC and Peterman isn't starting I will question McD ability to make his own decisions. You know McD wants Peterman to start because he knows Taylor is gone next year and the team as a whole is not ready to compete for a playoff spot. I wish he just would've stared Taylor vs the Chargers because they would've copied the Jets game plan and Taylor would've been done for good after that.

I am not Tyrods biggest fan. I’ll get that out of the way in the first sentence. Il admit I was excited to see Peterman and was excited to see a coach not settle for mediocre qb play. We took a shot and it didn’t work out. Oh well, that’s life. Peterman wasn’t ready and now it’s back to Tyrod. That’s fine, I’m good with that. Now that Tyrod is playing (again) please let him do what he does.

DO NOT make this guy stay in the pocket. Do not ask him to make throws over the middle. Do not call 25+ pass plays. Do not abandon the run in the first half. Do not tell this guy to make throws off a 3 step drop or from under center. IT WILL NOT WORK. This offense can work. There is a way it can work and a good coach would use the skills he has on the roster. Not just force players into a system.

Tyrod Taylor does 2 things incredibly well. Running the ball and not turning it over. Usually those two things don’t go hand and hand but in this case they do. It sounds like an exaggeration but I mean it...If I was calling the plays with my job and season on the line, I would not call more then 10 pass plays. I don’t care what other teams do. I don’t care what people think can and can’t work in the nfl. Fix the online by benching the trash. Get Miller and Groy in somehow. Use 6 lineman and multiple Tight ends. Use misdirection, use shot gun to spread them thin, run the option, do anything you can to make the run successful. Run early and run often. Let Tyrod run. I want to see Tyrod with more then 10 rushing attempts in each of these last 6 games. I don’t care how unorthodox it is. If you are asking Tyrod to not use his legs as a major weapon, then you might as well not even play him. This is Tyrods last stand. Let him go out with his A game. You wouldn’t put Peyton Manning in an offense that asks the qb to move, and then make him do that. Let these players do what they do best. That’s why they are in the league in the first place. Tyrod should be running for 60+ yards a game. Im not saying go full on Army offense, but pretty close. Something between Tebow’s Broncos and early 2000’s Mike Vick. The only shot we have to beat anyone is to keep the clock moving and keep our own terrible defense off the field. Tyrod can be a useful player for us. But if you ask him to play his B and C games, you might as well play the other guy. Please, let Tyrod be Tyrod. Go Bills! 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PIZ said:

Tryrod needs to understand WHY he was benched, AND correct his game.  I hope he gets it.

Because he's black? Should he go white face for McDermott and the fans and throw 5 ints? Then it becomes he has potential, gunslinger, it's not all on him 

Just now, Ol Dirty B said:

Because he's black? Should he go white face for McDermott and the fans and throw 5 ints? Then it becomes he has potential, gunslinger, it's not all on him 

I agree with your choice but not with any of this.  This is ridiculous.  I question whether Peterman should ever see an NFL field again, but don't act like Tyrod doesn't have severe limitations.  Making it racial, even if it's a joke, is in extremely poor taste.  

3 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I agree the O-Line has been bad for both QB's but the Chargers have the best D-Line in the NFL and they pressured a QB like I've never seen before. There is no way you can honestly say that you could get a true evaluate of a QB with the way Peterman was being pressured. 

The O-Line has played average against weaker defenses and gave Taylor at least some time to throw. We know what Taylor is and we know he will not be here after this season. If we lose vs KC and Peterman isn't starting I will question McD ability to make his own decisions. You know McD wants Peterman to start because he knows Taylor is gone next year and the team as a whole is not ready to compete for a playoff spot. I wish he just would've stared Taylor vs the Chargers because they would've copied the Jets game plan and Taylor would've been done for good after that.

So I take it you didn't see the first half of the Jets game?

The chargers have a good defense, but they are not that great. Pressured a QB like you've never seen before? That's just making things up to support a position.

8 minutes ago, John from Hemet said:

I was ok with the Peterman start...I am also ok with this.

but.....this offseason is going to be interesting.

Not me. I still consider it to be among the biggest miscalculations I've ever seen by a Bills' HC.  Just a horrendous blunder. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Like (+1) 3