Should the Pegulas Cash Out?

Coach Tuesday

All my life, the Bills moving has been hanging over my city like the Sword of Damocles. 

All my life, all anybody wanted was an owner for the Sabres and Bills who would spend their money, hire people to do the hockey and football operations, and get out of the way.

We have all that now, and all I hear is anti-Pegula crap.  I get the teams are horrible right now, but they spent the money.  The people they hired screwed the teams up. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

THE BILLS SITUATION IS NOT HORRIBLE!

Extremely rich owners committed to keeping the team here

5-5 record

2 1st round picks next season

2 2nd round picks next season

plenty of cap room and an owner who likes to spend

Benjamin under contract for 2018.

And even after gutting the team a bit, a decent mathematical chance to sneak into the playoffs THIS YEAR.

THAT is horrible? THAT is depressing? LOL

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

5-5 record

And even after gutting the team a bit, a decent mathematical chance to sneak into the playoffs THIS YEAR.

citizen_kane_clapping_2.gif

16 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Why should I?

I have been a better fan than the Pegula’s have been owners.

No you haven't.

Only Bills fans LOL. I guess firing everyone half way through their first season isn't good enough. Let's sell the owners too!

Why don't people see it? It's all about 2018.

The Pegulas will be fine as long as they're willing to spend. They just need to find the right GM and HC to spend it on.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

5-5 record

Exactly. You have to look at the bigger picture. They knew they'd tank when they let Dareus go, though maybe not so much. Tyrod is soon to follow and perhaps Shady too. Shaq as well if he doesn't start playing better.

1 minute ago, GreggTX said:

Exactly. You have to look at the bigger picture. They knew they'd tank when they let Dareus go, though maybe not so much. Tyrod is soon to follow and perhaps Shady too. Shaq as well if he doesn't start playing better.

bring it. burn it to the studs. with the exception of shady they're all garbage, but no point in keeping shady if you're tearing it all down.

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

Can't quibble about any other part of your post, but how was Aaron Rodgers "easily obtainable" when we didn't possess a first round pick in the 2005 draft? 

The same way they got the extra first for JP. Trade this year's second and next year's first.

Or, maybe something closer to what they did to get McCargo at 26 overall, a second and third. (Rodgers went at 24)

Or, they could have not pushed it and traded away that first round pick for JP to begin with.

If it was a second and third, that is not so high a price when you are not sure you have the next guy on your roster. And there was no way to be sure JP was the next guy.

But you have a point, that is in hindsight. Nobody knew Aaron Rodgers would be Aaron Rodgers, except the draft gurus I guess.

This will be painful to review! They could have just went with Drew Bledsoe for another year until a blue chip prospect came along.

Not having done that, they could have probably traded that year's second and next years first to get Aaron Rodgers, who was a blue chip prospect that fell down the board for reasons I still don't know completely.

Trading that year's second would have cost them Roscoe Parrish.

That year's third would cost them Kevin Everett.

Next year's first would have been either Donte Whitner or John McCargo.

So I get your point they sure wouldn't have wanted to go out and do that again, trade up again the very next year.

But it wouldn't have cost them an arm and a leg either way.

1 hour ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Why should I?

I have been a better fan than the Pegula’s have been owners.

....so in other words, the Pegulas have been the meddlesome owners of the Bills, sticking their fingers into everything as only Jerry Jones or Dan Snyder do?......got it......best thing that could happen is TP calls Bon Jovi and says, "write me a check for whatever you want"......and New Era becomes end of THE era.......at least it would put crap like this to bed forever...........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

2 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

This sort of discussion quickly breaks down into unyielding positions coming from two camps.

First, we have the fans who are just happy to have teams in Buffalo, and they are willing to forgive anything, including the team sucking, as long as it is in Buffalo.  They approach the entire debate from an assumed position of weakness, like we are just Buffalo and can't really expect or hope for more than crap anyway. 

Second, you have the fans who demand more than that.

Put me in the second category.   

Run the franchises correctly or sell.  If market forces move the teams, so be it.

Who here is crying every day over the loss of the  Buffalo Braves?

Time heals all wounds; it might take a generation, but people in WNY will forget all about the Bills soon enough, particularly when all Buffalo Bills fans are dead.

You guys are Soft. Mushy. Cynical. Y'all can push to sell the team and build a new age crystal and aroma therapy stadium to gather in and commune with the universe when my bunch is under the turf. But til then we are not dead yet porky.

8 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

You're half right.  The problem here and the problem in America is that the internet gives trolls the ability to broadcast their deranged thoughts to the rest of the species.

AS well as you Coach.

Not that Terry would ever read this BS but what would he think of your hot take right now if he did? How about giving McD at least 2-3 years before tweaking out on ownership? 

I do think the Rex Ryan hiring was a rookie owner mistake but not going to throw him under the bus like you. It does not matter what you, myself or the media says, they straight up OWN the Buffalo Bills and Sabres and can honestly do whatever the F they want with it. Crying about ownership on a forum does jack ****.

Edited by Real McCoy

For all you wacky people just !@#$ing leave. 

Go some place else.   

Does your work and family life suck also?  

Most of you just say crap to piss people off because you are keyboard wacks. 

Do you even come to the games? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

AS well as you Coach.

Not that Terry would ever read this BS but what would he think of your hot take right now if he did? How about giving McD at least 2-3 years before tweaking out on ownership? 

I do think the Rex Ryan hiring was a rookie owner mistake but not going to throw him under the bus like you. It does not matter what you, myself or the media says, they straight up OWN the Buffalo Bills and Sabres and can honestly do whatever the F they want with it. Crying about ownership on a forum does jack ****.

....uh oh....a "voice of reason" in the PG-13 mud puddle.......Wrecks hiring was a Brandon move.....saw the texts to his buddies (who I know) saying, "so what do you think?"....I threw up in my car seat.....exactly why Pegula kicked him upstairs as Prez of Pegula Sport Entertainment TOTALLY out of operations, focusing SOLELY on business administration.....Pegula paid $1.4 billion for the Bills, $165 mil for the Sabres, built the Harbor Centre for $190 mil for starters and the guy is NOT committed to winning as well as Buffalo?....naw, the guy is effin' clueless........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....uh oh....a "voice of reason" in the PG-13 mud puddle.......Wrecks hiring was a Brandon move.....saw the texts to his buddies (who I know) saying, "so what do you think?"....I threw up in my car seat.....exactly why Pegula kicked him upstairs as Prez of Pegula Sport Entertainment TOTALLY out of operations, focusing SOLELY on business administration.....Pegula paid $1.4 billion for the Bills, $165 mil for the Sabres, built the Harbor Centre for $190 mil for starters and the guy is NOT committed to winning as well as Buffalo?....naw, the guy is effin' clueless........

What ever, this is your Hot take as well. We have some serious ignorant ass fans on these forums. I can't believe I even read this ****

Just sad all around. Why not find another team to root for instead of Pegula's Bills if he's so F'ing clueless.

Edited by Real McCoy