I wanna see Peterman start a game again this year

Steptide

Obviously Tyrod should be the starter until we're officially eliminated from the playoffs, but once that happens I'd like to see Peterman again. 

I seriously feel bad for the dude and hope his wife was at home waiting for him in her birthday suit lol. In all seriousness, the guy just wasn't ready and got thrown to the wolves a little bit. After digesting this game last night and this morning, I don't think peterman is as bad as what we saw yesterday, but he's obviously not ready to be a starter yet. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I would rather let Peterman play and try to learn. TT won't be here next year and we are in  no way going to the playoffs. NOT A CHANCE

The only reason to start TT is because this OL sucks so bad he'll get killed, but I want to hear the coach say this because TT is not getting this team to the playoffs.. I dont want ot hear any BS about starting TT till we are mathmatically eliminated. I'm Tired of BS, call a spade a spade

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

I would rather let Peterman play and try to learn. TT won't be here next year and we are in  no way going to the playoffs. NOT A CHANCE

The only reason to start TT is because this OL sucks so bad he'll get killed, but I want to hear the coach say this because TT is not getting this team to the playoffs.. I dont want ot hear any BS about starting TT till we are mathmatically eliminated. I'm Tired of BS, call a spade a spade

Well, honestly this team could still realistically win 4 games. We all know Tyrod is gone next year, but I still wanna see this team try and get to the playoffs. 

This kid was bad but had no chance to succeed. I put it more on McD and Rico.

Here is an example.

1st and 10, 2 yard loss , run by McCoy.

2nd and 12, 2 yard run by McCoy

3rd and 10 against one of the best Passing defences on the road. INT

I made that point about Dennison not giving Tyrod a chance to succeed cause he always puts him in 3rd and long and people would just say it's excuses for TT.

Well it's not. How is Peterman and TT supposed to succeed when you constantly give them no chance and it's 3rd and long half the game.

Put Tom Brady in 3rd and 8s to 10s and he won't have much success, nevertheless a rookie QB on the road

39 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Well, honestly this team could still realistically win 4 games. We all know Tyrod is gone next year, but I still wanna see this team try and get to the playoffs. 

I agree with this. Why do you play the game: "You play to win the game!" (Herm Edwards). Moreover, as absurd as it sounds right now, there are still four winnable games on the Bills schedule, and four wins gives them a decent shot at the playoffs. Yes, I know, absurd. Until you're officially eliminated, go with your best line-up.

17 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

Here is an example.

I made that point about Dennison not giving Tyrod a chance to succeed cause he always puts him in 3rd and long and people would just say it's excuses for TT.

Well it's not. How is Peterman and TT supposed to succeed when you constantly give them no chance and it's 3rd and long half the game.

Put Tom Brady in 3rd and 8s to 10s and he won't have much success, nevertheless a rookie QB on the road

So it's the OC's fault when the O line can't get out of their own way on first and second down and can't protect on third and long?  Not buying it.

52 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I think you might want to look at the schedule and revisit the meaning of "realistically".  I do not think that word means what you think it means.

• Like (+1) 1

I'd like Peterman to earn it before he gets another shot. The guy never looked good in pre-season. Not quite sure why so many here thought he did. I guess just looking average against mostly 3's and 4's by rookie standards now equates to looking good? He looked terrible in his first live action. I doubt he looks good in practice to be honest. But McDerp is blind to it all so he wouldn't know. So yeah, we will likely see him again at some point.

Edited by Sammy Watkins' Rib

2 minutes ago, xsoldier54 said:

So it's the OC's fault when the O line can't get out of their own way on first and second down and can't protect on third and long?  Not buying it.

Why did we have an OL with many of the same players who were one of the best in the league for run blocking last year, and "can't get out of their own way" this year?
Serious question, please tell me to what you attribute this if not the OC and the change in scheme?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, xsoldier54 said:

You go run , run to set up 3rd and long against the chargers top 5 pass defence.

Running the ball on 2nd and 12 after you just ran the ball on first down for minus 2.... This is 2017, not 1970.

Yes it is Rico's fault, and to your point, the offensive lines fault as well

19 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

Here is an example.

I think this also. Knowing he was going to be a wide eyed rookie against that pass rush and constant blitzing McDummy and Rico in no way shape or form put him in a situation to be successful by the way the plays were called.

WTF were they thinking? He was going to play like a grizzled vet. I didn't disagree with starting Peterman but the way everything around him was so poorly handled he had no chance. That is horrible coaching.

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Why did we have an OL with many of the same players who were one of the best in the league for run blocking last year, and "can't get out of their own way" this year?
Serious question, please tell me to what you attribute this if not the OC and the change in scheme?

That's a great point as well. Rico's play calls aren't just bad, it's his scheme as well

2 minutes ago, PeterGriffin said:

I think this also. Knowing he was going to be a wide eyed rookie against that pass rush and constant blitzing McDummy and Rico in no way shape or form put him in a situation to be successful by the way the plays were called.

WTF were they thinking? He was going to play like a grizzled vet. I didn't disagree with starting Peterman but the way everything around him was so poorly handled he had no chance. That is horrible coaching.

Agreed. Just terrible all around

55 minutes ago, Steptide said:

This team, right now is incapable of beating a anyone. What's puzzling is why. We mostly have the same players when things were good. Both the offensive line and defense as a whole are awful. I can only assume other teams have cracked our code and are abusing us. Our coaches have no response.