Fast-Forward to 2018, Case Keenum

CountryCletus

We need a top 10 OFFENSIVE LINE COACH first. Without one, they look worse than lingerie league. Second, a better OC. At that point I'm ok with adding Case. He's looked better than TT and Peterman. Quarterbacking takes longer to master than any other position. Witness Josh McCown. If you watched the Vikings game he had more escape than Houdini on Sunday. 

13 hours ago, DC Tom said:

And yet, which one of us is pushing Case Keenum as a starter?  :lol:

I would take Keenum over Kaep right now.

Kaepernick is smart.  He's letting the "legend of Kaep the QB"  drive the narrative that his life has become this year.

The LAST thing that kid wants to do is suit up right now for some flailing team and prove to everyone why he's actually still out of the league.

I wish I could understand something.

Minnesota suffers a loss to their presumed "Franchise QB in Bridgewater."

Minnesota trades for Bradford.

Minnesota looks to have a great O going into the season with rookie RB phenom Dalvin Cook and QB Sam Bradford.

Cook and Bradford both get hurt.  1st round WR Treadwell looks like a bust.

You now have journeyman Case Keenum with Raider castaway Latavius Murray, while being hooked on A. Thielen dominating teams week in and week out.

How good is the Vikings offensive line, or their scheme, or combination thereof?  And by comparison, how bad are ours?

• 1 month later...
On 11/19/2017 at 4:44 PM, CountryCletus said:

Looking at 2018, how would you feel with Case Keenum as our starting QB????

should be a FA..... not at top dollar QB, and won’t cost us our stock of draft picks....

No.  He's another Fitzpatrick to me.  Flashes for a period, then average at best the rest of the time.  They can do better.

I don't think the Vikings are letting Keenum go. I think he'll re-sign with them and it will be at a fairly reasonable rate, like $18,000,000. He's the best option they have right now. Bridgewater may even be re-signed. I do believe Bradford will be allowed to walk. 

On 11/20/2017 at 9:44 AM, CountryCletus said:

Looking at 2018, how would you feel with Case Keenum as our starting QB????

should be a FA..... not at top dollar QB, and won’t cost us our stock of draft picks....

I'd expect him to be in Minnesota next year. Though I say that without yet having seen the Minny game from this weekend. If I were them, I'd keep him and maybe Bridgewater. If I had to let one go, it would probably be Teddy.

40 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

I'd expect him to be in Minnesota next year. Though I say that without yet having seen the Minny game from this weekend. 

318 yards passing and a 60 yard walkoff bomb with 10 secs on the clock and no timeouts 

He made some money this weekend. 

Edited by Teddy KGB

6 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

318 yards passing and a 60 yard walkoff bomb with 10 secs on the clock and no timeouts 

He made some money this weekend. 

The Vikings are keeping Case Keenum.  This wasn't some Trent Dilfer-esque midseason run they're on.  Keenum won them this game.

I don't know if I would say Keenum won them the game. His WR came down with a very high pass (in Buffalo that pass sails over the WR and we are all screaming at the QB for not being able to hit passes to the WR) and if it wasn't for the DB whiffing on the tackle and taking out his own guy they are forced to go for a FG to win it IF the WR isn't tackled inbounds.

If not we are talking about Brees and the Saints coming back from being down 17-0 at halftime......