Chargers preparing for both Tyrod and Peterman

YoloinOhio

Maybe Lynn is pissed that he doesn't get to game plan against Tyrod as the starter.

He has probably been licking his chops over it.

Hope it backfires on him by not focusing enough on Peterman and McCoy and receivers.

Playing against Lynn's team could also be a big part of the reason why McDermott wants to start Peterman this week instead of a later week.

McDermott maybe felt with the direction the offense had gone and with playing against last year's coach, this game was nearly hopeless with TT at QB.

• Like (+1) 1

Are they dumb enough to think it’s a ploy or that Nate will be useless and benched?

15 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

There is tape on Peterman, the end of the 4th quarter against NO.  Granted it is a small sample size and occurred during garbage time, but that is all that is available.

Maybe they heavily blitz him to see how Peterman reacts to pressure.

For what little it’s worth there’s PS film 

3 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Are they dumb enough to think it’s a ploy or that Nate will be useless and benched?

For what little it’s worth there’s PS film 

We've already installed plays/packages that don't really mesh with what we do normally (read-option looks, option pitches etc.).  It's very simple to sub him in and run something like that in the RZ or something, and if you don't game plan for it they will make you look silly.

6 minutes ago, dneveu said:

We've already installed plays/packages that don't really mesh with what we do normally (read-option looks, option pitches etc.).  It's very simple to sub him in and run something like that in the RZ or something, and if you don't game plan for it they will make you look silly.

This is a valid point 

what would it say to Nate?

id wait for a while to pull that. 

7 minutes ago, Billzgobowlin said:

Tyrod is not even the most athletic QB on the roster, Joe Webb is.

Fair i suppose, but if i put a run-pass option package play in for the red zone - i'd feel a lot more comfortable running that with Tyrod.  Seeing as he's taken i dunno 800 snaps the last 3 seasons and webb has not.

I would also be totally ok with doing that - its a lot of moving parts but if its only one play it shouldn't be too hard.  We suck on O right now, and need TDs not FGs.

1 hour ago, kdiggz said:

Tyrod is still the best athlete on this team. We probably won't see it Sunday but eventually I hope they use him to run triple option or split him out for reverses and screens

I agree that Tyrod is a special athlete. I could see them using him as a slot receiver. He has the speed, size, and knows the playbook.

This makes sense if anything because Peterman could get hurt early. But that's the only scenario I see Taylor getting back in the starting lineup, obviously McD didn't make this move for a 1 game or 1/2 game tryout.

Also the Chargers aren't likely going to change much in the way of their gameplan against this offense. They will do what everybody else has in terms of loading up to stop the run and make the QB prove they can beat them. Only difference is now it's a pure rookie who likely will take his shots vs. a veteran who proved he can't and wouldn't throw the football unless guys were running completely wide open.

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, BobC said:

I agree that Tyrod is a special athlete. I could see them using him as a slot receiver. He has the speed, size, and knows the playbook.

As I said in another thread - does he have the hands to be a WR?

On 11/17/2017 at 10:08 AM, YoloinOhio said:

Why?

Peterman may get air sickness.

On 11/17/2017 at 10:08 AM, YoloinOhio said:

Why?

Maybe they are confident they will knock Peterman out of the game...
Or, they know that in order to prepare for Tyrod, all you have to do is run your fourth-down-and-inches defense...so by preparing for Peterman, they are also preparing for TT. :)