What's your reaction if Peterman is terrible this Sunday

Steptide

14 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Rookie QBs who throw the ball typically throw a decent amount of picks. Watson did as well this year, but you could tell he was going to be able to play the position. 

In general perhaps, but isn't it kinda' unfair comparing a HS class of 2014 QB in Watson....... to Nate Peterman who was class of 2012.

Peterman entered the NFL after 5 years at the college level.....a more seasoned product mentally even if he didn't have such a high wunderlic score...... and has had more time to learn his pro system before having to start........but I will take 20 TD's produced and 7 pesky interceptions in his first 5 starts if he can repeat what Watson has done.:thumbsup:

If it is clear that he is completely in over his head I will be disappointed especially if its so bad that the team has no choice but to haul Tyrod out of the mothballs after a couple of quarters. 

I don't expect that to happen. Of course turnovers is something to worry about. I think I see a little too much air under some of his throws.

5 hours ago, Dan said:

There is absolutely no way I could disagree with anything in this post.   I've never been completely sold on Tyrod.  I often find myself wishing he'd throw the damn ball rather than hold it and scramble around.  But, when you see other teams struggling with bad QB (Denver), you realize the Bills could be a lot worse off.  Add in the fact, as you say, that in 2016 with an offense more suited to Tyrod's strengths, he ran a rather productive offense. 

But... now we get Peterman.   Good or bad,who knows yet.   One thing I hope everyone is ready for are the rookie mistakes he's going to make.  The ill-timed interceptions he's going to throw.   I think a lot of people are going to have their faith tested!  

This is how bad it's gotten for Bills fans that people are thankful that we're not in the bottom rung of QB play.

I still think that Tyrod's and offensive numbers in 2015 & 2016 are grossly overrated wrt actual production. 

In a sense, his production can be categorized by scoring a hell of a lot of points that weren't needed in the wins and not scoring points when they were needed in a loss.  Of course that could apply to any situation.  But in Bills' case, it's specific to TT needing to move the ball, get first downs and maybe score when the pressure is on.  In that regard, he's one of the league's worst.

And that's why a 2nd Bills regime put him on the bench and he garnered no interest last February.

"Make him a quarterback"

Edited by GG
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It will be his first NLF debut on the road in a must win game, after the team got destroyed in the last two games. I have tempered expectations. Unfortunately for him that is how it all worked out. 

I'm giving him just like I gave Tyrod the benefit of the doubt. My reaction will lean tword the negative if he plays multiple terrible games.

He's the next and last man up. I supported Tyrod, it failed. Support Peterman and wish him the best of luck. A o-line in shatters, a defense in a major decline. and although not the most shocking it's the boldest move by McD this season. Still this game is far from an automatic loss. 

Peterman wins his NFL debut by 6. But If the Bills lose it will say a lot about how far away the team/coaching/FO is from being relevant. 

55 minutes ago, GG said:

This is how bad it's gotten for Bills fans that people are thankful that we're not in the bottom rung of QB play.

I still think that Tyrod's and offensive numbers in 2015 & 2016 are grossly overrated wrt actual production. 

In a sense, his production can be categorized by scoring a hell of a lot of points that weren't needed in the wins and not scoring points when they were needed in a loss.  Of course that could apply to any situation.  But in Bills' case, it's specific to TT needing to move the ball, get first downs and maybe score when the pressure is on.  In that regard, he's one of the league's worst.

And that's why a 2nd Bills regime put him on the bench and he garnered no interest last February.

"Make him a quarterback"

this guy gets it.

47 minutes ago, GG said:

"Make him a quarterback"

Another ridiculous, unsupported take by GG:lol:........unless by sense you mean in an "imaginary" sense.

In Tyrod's 15 games last year the Bills scored 28 points in wins and 23.5 points in losses.    

Both decent amounts per game and just a 4.5 points difference.

To put that in perspective.......they gave up an outrageous 31 points per game defensively in their 8 losses.

Only twice in those 8 losses did they give up LESS points defensively than the 28 points they averaged scoring in their victories......and in one of those 2 they gave up 27......so......your premise is FALSE......their naturally higher victory average would have still only won them 2 more games and one of them by just a single point.

THE DEFENSE WAS CONSISTENTLY AWFUL IN LOSSES........AWFUL.

The offense was CONSISTENTLY good and not the issue after the Ravens opener.......as they scored 25 or more in 5 of the other 7 losses and at least 20 in ALL of them.

And remember those atrocious defensive numbers were playing with long fields......because the defense didn't have to deal with turnovers.....an all-time NFL fewest thru 15 games under Tyrod.:doh:

28 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Another ridiculous, unsupported take by GG:lol:........unless by sense you mean in an "imaginary" sense.

In Tyrod's 15 games last year the Bills scored 28 points in wins and 23.5 points in losses.    

To put that in perspective.......they gave up an outrageous 31 points per game defensively in their 8 losses.

Only twice in those 8 losses did they give up LESS points defensively than the 28 points they averaged scoring in their victories......and in one of those 2 they gave up 27......so......your premise is FALSE......their naturally higher victory average would have still only won them 2 more games and one of them by just a single point.

The offense was CONSISTENTLY good and not the issue after the Ravens opener.......as they scored 25 or more in 5 of the other 7 losses and at least 20 in ALL of them.

And remember those atrocious defensive numbers were playing with long fields......because the defense didn't have to deal with turnovers.....an all-time NFL fewest thru 15 games under Tyrod.:doh:

Tyrod supporters always cite only statistics.

Tell us about the great games he has had. The ones where he lead the team and offense through very difficult skilled opponents and won.

The clutch plays.

The great throws.

That is why we hear statistics.

2 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

Tyrod supporters always cite only statistics.

Tell us about the great games he has had. The ones where he lead the team and offense through very difficult skilled opponents and won.

The clutch plays.

The great throws.

That is why we hear statistics.

Citing the scoreboard as "only statistics".......I mean, damn....... it's the bottom line of pro sports.:lol:

But OK boss.......who are all these quarterbacks making all these clutch plays and great throws?

Name 10.

That's what I thought.    

Most of the components of the anti-Taylor machine haven't followed the NFL closely since Dan Marino retired.

Tyrod is a system QB but he's had the misfortune of having two defensive minded regimes that have put a lot of awful defense on the field.   

38 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

And another case of cherry picking stats to support both sides of the issue by poster formerly known as BODOL-something.  Because it's another case where the best ever, all time Bills' arm chair analyst knows better than the collective NFL front office staffs.   It must be something that the entire league is missing in not jumping on a totally available Tyrod Taylor last March.

Here's a fun game to play in your cherry picked analysis. 

How many of those points in the losses came after the game was completely out of hand?  Just the NE & Pitt game added 2 pts/game to the average losses

How does leading the league in 3rd & outs affect the defense?  I could argue that getting at least one needed 1st down in fourth Q vs Dolphins & Raiders leads to wins.

And those are the things that don't show up on the stat sheet, but make the difference between winning & losing. 

And I'm certain that next year when the Bills have moved on from Tyrod, you'd be using these stats to support whatever position the wind takes you.

8 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

But OK boss.......who are all these quarterbacks making all these clutch plays and great throws?

Name 10.

That's what I thought.    

All time we could name dozens. 

The issue is that today there may be less than 5 that you could count on to do so. 

So .......  the argument can’t be made. 

4 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

It was so nice not hearing nonsensical hyperbole like this for a couple years while actually scoring points, leading the league in big plays on offense, not watching boneheaded interceptions be thrown etc..

"Anything was better" than Bledsoe, Losman, Holcomb, Losman again, Edwards, Fitzpatrick, EJ Manuel, Orton.......at least Tuel and Thad avoided enough PT to be "worse than anything".:lol:

"Nonsensical hyperbole"? I must have missed the season over the last 17 seasons where we had a QB worth a damn who actually led us to the playoffs!

Ohh that's right, we haven't had one... so obviously you are either delusional or talking out of your pooper.

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

The "our offense going 3 and out makes our defense suck" argument is really getting old.

Good defenses make stops. They get off the field. You realize the 2014 offense was going 3 and out often? Did that effect the 2014 defense? 

I could argue getting a stop against Miami and Oakland leads to wins. It goes both ways bud.... except A LOT more often than not the defense blew and the offense performed.

And FYI after the first two games the Bills were towards the upper half of the league in not going 3 and out on offense last season.

Last season, as in 2016?  When out of 9 drives they had 5 three and outs vs Baltimore.  You know the game that gave us the hashtag "Make him a QB?"

27 minutes ago, GG said:

And another case of cherry picking stats to support both sides of the issue by poster formerly known as BODOL-something.  Because it's another case where the best ever, all time Bills' arm chair analyst knows better than the collective NFL front office staffs.   It must be something that the entire league is missing in not jumping on a totally available Tyrod Taylor last March.

Here's a fun game to play in your cherry picked analysis. 

How many of those points in the losses came after the game was completely out of hand?  Just the NE & Pitt game added 2 pts/game to the average losses

How does leading the league in 3rd & outs affect the defense?  I could argue that getting at least one needed 1st down in fourth Q vs Dolphins & Raiders leads to wins.

And those are the things that don't show up on the stat sheet, but make the difference between winning & losing. 

And I'm certain that next year when the Bills have moved on from Tyrod, you'd be using these stats to support whatever position the wind takes you.

SDS changed my screen name..........but if you don't like it or my posts for that matter......send him a complaint and see how far that gets ya'.  :lol:

But to the point.....why don't you try supporting one of your takes instead of just trying to start another one after you get shot down?

If you can't figure out how to do your own research maybe hire the kid that mows your lawn to do it for ya' ol' timer.:thumbsup:

You surely know that no statistic is going to support the idea that Tyrod has given the Bills "bottom rung quarterback play".

Edited by BADOLBILZ

35 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Citing the scoreboard as "only statistics".......I mean, damn....... it's the bottom line of pro sports.:lol:

Name 10.

That's what I thought.    

Most of the components of the anti-Taylor machine haven't followed the NFL closely since Dan Marino retired.

Tyrod is a system QB but he's had the misfortune of having two defensive minded regimes that have put a lot of awful defense on the field.   

I didn't say name a habitually great clutch QB. I said name some *instances* for Tyrod. So, you can't name any at all. 

Without even looking I can come up with one for Trent Edwards, The San Diego game, away, where he out dueled Phillip Rivers.

I don't know what Trent's stats were that game. And I don't need to.

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

SDS changed my screen name..........but if you don't like it or my posts for that matter......send him a complaint and see how far that gets ya'.  :lol:

But to the point.....why don't you try supporting one of your takes instead of just trying to start another one after you get shot down?

If you can't figure out how to do your own research maybe hire the kid that mows your lawn to do it for ya' ol' timer.:thumbsup:

You surely know that no statistic is going to support the idea that Tyrod has given the Bills "bottom rung quarterback play".

I don't know how much more clear I can be in my take.  I'll repeat it for the resident narcissists and others who are incapable of seeing others' opinions.

Tyrod's stats are overstated because he is one of the worst QBs to generate points or to get first downs when they're needed most.  That's why he only has two fourth quarter comeback wins, and I think this year was the first year he won when trailing by more than 4 points in the second half.

But other than that, he's a great QB to have, and that's why there was zero interest in his services last March.

But I'm sure you'll tell us why you know more than every single QB starved team in the league.