Predicting remaining record with Peterman vs. Tyrod

zow2

The toughest thing to figure is whether or not the D can bail themselves out of their downward spiral?  if not they will go 0-7 regardless of who is playing QB.   I do think their problems correlate with the offense not maintaining possessions.  After getting crushed the last two games I didn't think they would make the playoffs with Tyrod.   With Peterman i still don't think they make playoffs, but the unknown is fun.  If they somehow flip the LA game into a W,  the KC and NE home game, to me,  don't look quite as unwinnable.  

Tyrod led offense   7-9

at LA   Loss

at KC   Loss

vs NE   Loss

vs Indy Win

vs Mia   Win

at NE  Loss

at Mia  Loss

Peterman led offense   8-8

at LA   Loss

at KC   Loss

vs NE   Loss

vs Indy Win

vs Mia   Win

at NE  Loss

at Mia  Win

Tyrod led offense   8-8

at LA   Loss

at KC   Loss

vs NE   Loss

vs Indy Win

vs Mia   Win

at NE  Loss

at Mia  Win

Peterman led offense   9-7

at LA   Win

at KC   Loss

vs NE   Loss

vs Indy Win

vs Mia   Win

at NE  Loss

at Mia  Win

Tyrod led offense   7-9

at LA   Loss

at KC   Loss

vs NE   Loss

vs Indy Win

vs Mia   Win

at NE  Loss

at Mia  Loss

Peterman led offense   7-9

at LA   Loss

at KC   Loss

vs NE   Loss

vs Indy Win

vs Mia   Win

at NE  Loss

at Mia  Loss

Only game I see that is debatable is week 17. Few teams are beating NE or KC in KC. 

Edited by TheTruthHurts

Tyrod led offense   8-8

at LA   Win

at KC   Loss

vs NE   Loss

vs Indy Loss

vs Mia   Win

at NE  Loss

at Mia  Win

Peterman led offense   10-6

at LA   Win

at KC   Win

vs NE   Loss

vs Indy Win

vs Mia   Win

at NE  Win (Secure 5th seed Wildcard spot)

at Mia  Loss (Rest starters)

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, dubs said:

Tyrod led offense   8-8

at LA   Loss

at KC   Loss

vs NE   Loss

vs Indy Win

vs Mia   Win

at NE  Loss

at Mia  Win

Peterman led offense   9-7

at LA   Win

at KC   Loss

vs NE   Loss

vs Indy Win

vs Mia   Win

at NE  Loss

at Mia  Win

I hope you are correct. 

I do think we can win in LA with Peterman.  Not sure we can win any other games once KC and NE expose him in the weeks that follow. 

We are capable of losing two games to Miami, just like last year.  Our run defense is that bad.  Our DLs and LBs are exposed. 

I can see the offense improving under Peterman but we still could be 6-10 or 7-9 if the defense does not come around. 

18 minutes ago, zow2 said:

The toughest thing to figure is whether or not the D can bail themselves out of their downward spiral?  if not they will go 0-7 regardless of who is playing QB.   I do think their problems correlate with the offense not maintaining possessions.  After getting crushed the last two games I didn't think they would make the playoffs with Tyrod.   With Peterman i still don't think they make playoffs, but the unknown is fun.  If they somehow flip the LA game into a W,  the KC and NE home game, to me,  don't look quite as unwinnable.  

Tyrod led offense   7-9

at LA   Loss

at KC   Loss

vs NE   Loss

vs Indy Win

vs Mia   Win

at NE  Loss

at Mia  Loss

Peterman led offense   8-8

at LA   Loss

at KC   Loss

vs NE   Loss

vs Indy Win

vs Mia   Win

at NE  Loss

at Mia  Win

If we can win against the Chargers this weekend and NP is a major factor why I think we can certainly compete with the Dolphins and win at least one of those games and also possibly steal one we aren't supposed to win (i.e. @ KC).

I think at worse though this team needs to hit 9 wins just to have a shot at the tourney and NP could become a legend if we sneak into the playoffs and make a run.

1 minute ago, SaviorPeterman said:

If we can win against the Chargers this weekend and NP is a major factor why I think we can certainly compete with the Dolphins and win at least one of those games and also possibly steal one we aren't supposed to win (i.e. @ KC).

I think at worse though this team needs to hit 9 wins just to have a shot at the tourney and NP could become a legend if we sneak into the playoffs and make a run.

I totally agree.  Nate would be a legend if they even sneak in at 9-7...  This Chargers game is the big indicator.  If they lose in LA (and a rookie QB making his first start probably has a huge losing %)....they would need to win at least two games they are not supposed to win...AND win the games they are supposed to win. 

That being said, Peterman should show some big improvement between his 1st and 2nd starts.  

I would ECSTATIC with this.

2 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

at LA   Win  24-21

at KC   Loss 20-31

vs NE   Win 34-31 

vs Indy Win 20 - 13

vs Mia   Win 27 - 14

at NE  Loss 27- 35

at Mia  Win 27-24

10-6 Wildcard

at Ten 23-21 revenge of Music City Miracle

at Pit 21-30 End of season.

Tyrod 7-9

Peterman 7-9

wins vs MIA and vs IND for either

I think this team's issues stem much further than QB and this change won't make a significant difference. I hope I'm wrong but I just can't put any faith in this team right now.

4 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

at LA   Win  24-21

at KC   Loss 20-31

vs NE   Win 34-31 

vs Indy Win 20 - 13

vs Mia   Win 27 - 14

at NE  Loss 27- 35

at Mia  Win 27-24

10-6 Wildcard

at Ten 23-21 revenge of Music City Miracle

at Pit 21-30 End of season.

You can be sure I will be bumping this post back to the top of the board after the season to see who was right.  I like your optimism! 

3 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I totally agree.  Nate would be a legend if they even sneak in at 9-7...  This Chargers game is the big indicator.  If they lose in LA (and a rookie QB making his first start probably has a huge losing %)....they would need to win at least two games they are not supposed to win...AND win the games they are supposed to win. 

That being said, Peterman should show some big improvement between his 1st and 2nd starts.  

I think part of the reason this move happened now is because we are going up against a 3-6 team this week who has a middle of the pack defense statistically and no true home field advantage right now. There will no doubt be a large contingent of bills mafia in LA's crappy stadium on Sunday so all the ingredients are there for NP to get off to a decent start and build momentum.

Either way i'm glad NP isn't making his first start at Arrowhead or the next home game against Hoodie and Brady who have never lost to a rookie QB (although they should have earlier this year against Deshwan Watson).

1 hour ago, kdiggz said:

ask me after Sunday

There are so many questions:

How conservative is the game plan?

How much latitude are they giving a Rookie at the line of scrimmage? NP has shown the ability to make pre snap reads that seems to already surpass TT. Kinda getting sick of seeing Shady tackled for a loss.

Does NP rise to this occasion? There has been no pressure on him till now and he’s appeared fairly composed. Does being a starter change this. Does a bad play or series change this. 

How does the Oline and receiving Corp react to him.

After this weekend we will be able to answer these questions better but I know this. I haven’t looked forward to a game like this for a while.

Edited by Buffalo Boy