McCoy sounds very unhappy about the switch

11 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

This isnt a surprise, hes been very vocal about his confidence in TT and they are clearly friends.  And lets be truly honest, TT has done some things on that field that no other QB could successfully pull off and those things have helped win us games.  During that span, he's had some bad games, but those games in MOST cases were ones the whole team sucked badly out there and was not all on just TT.  And during his time here he had a lot of things working against TT from bad coaching, losing weapons to injury and trades, revolving doors of people to throw to, 3 OC's, etc.  So its not surprising that people in the locker room feel TT was their best chance to win, these guys go to war every week together and TT is probably the hardest worker on the team and plays tough taking big shots to try and make plays.  Players respect that more than anything.  Thats why players don't make personnel decisions, because they are too close to each other to be objective.

At the end of the day, there will be some players who still believe in TT and will be shocked by this.  But all that matters from here on out is what Peterman does.  Its hard for a vet to feel confident in a rookie, let alone a 5th rounder.  But come game time, all it will take is for the offense to find some life behind NP and they will start to get on board.  

McCoy ran for 5.4 ypc with Taylor as his QB last year.........he knows that wouldn't have happened ANYWHERE else with any other QB in the NFL.

Tyrod was a great facilitator for the run game in that Roman/Lynn offense as long as he had someone to help stretch the field and keep defenses honest.

Watkins getting traded just as he was finally healthy had the same impact on the Bills offense that trading Dareus has had on their defense.

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, BADOLBILZ said:

McCoy ran for 5.4 ypc with Taylor as his QB last year.........he knows that wouldn't have happened ANYWHERE else with any other QB in the NFL.

Tyrod was a great facilitator for the run game in that Roman/Lynn offense as long as he had someone to help stretch the field and keep defenses honest.

Watkins getting traded just as he was finally healthy had the same impact on the Bills offense that trading Dareus has had on their defense.

Agree with all of this.  Every word.

When the passing game opens the rushing lanes .....  he'll change his tune 

6 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

#SP .

TT's been benched and Nate is starting.  Can you handle that?   

Watkins Watkins Watkins 

How much talent did we have playing Sunday?   More than enough.  The problem?  Tentative Taylor was afraid to pull the trigger. 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, unclepete said:

McCoys likely gone soon too. We’ll probably draft a runnng back in next years draft. New staff wants their guys on. Might be for the better. 

The list is long- RB, TE, QB (maybe), RT, DT, DE, LB. Some holes thru FA then hopefully a good draft.

6 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

When the passing game opens the rushing lanes .....  he'll change his tune 

#SP .

TT's been benched and Nate is starting.  Can you handle that?   

Why not?

It was a veteran team that I wanted to see go for it this year but they've been systematically weakened so I am OK with seeing Lil' Nate Peet play this Sunday. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see Tyrod back in later in the season either.   McD is nothing if not unpredictable wrt personnel.  

Will you be able to handle it if they release Shady in the offseason?  I could see him and Tyrod re-uniting with Roman in Baltimore.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Why not?

It was a veteran team that I wanted to see go for it this year but they've been systematically weakened so I am OK with seeing Lil' Nate Peet play this Sunday. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see Tyrod back in later in the season either.   McD is nothing if not unpredictable wrt personnel.  

Will you be able to handle it if they release Shady in the offseason?  I could see him and Tyrod re-uniting with Roman in Baltimore.

I'd be fine with releasing shady. it's not like he's irreplaceable. in fact, I can see them letting him go.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

Shady should be upset. This likely doesn't happen if he played better. Yeah, I know it's hard to run when you're wrapped up before you get to the hole, but everyone should have played better the past two weeks. The oline should be upset. The defense should be upset. The entire offensive coaching staff should be upset. Unless they all think Tyrod actually is a part of the problem.

29 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

here you go shady...

BOX OF KLEENEX

Kool,  I do have a runny nose!   DOH  !!  the RealShadyMcCoy  :blush:  :blush:

23 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Why not?

Taylor was bad for this team. Period.    A lot of people knew this.  It took 4 poor games of which 2 were horrendous to finally get the point across to the FO. 

I applaud them.  So should you.

As I see it - The huge TT fans are worse than the EJM fans. If that isn't good enough of an explanation then  Here, let me pass this on to you 

blob.png.355a35291191349b27373c86363b3ef2.png

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

12 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

What was it the JETS said?  They talked the talk and walked the walk.

FWIF I really would like to keep Shady a bit longer

they do need to upgrade the back up position. I'm good either way with keeping. him or not. I just know he needs to step up and not worry about decisions he may not like or approve. his job is to carry the ball. not saying taylor isn't a likable guy but he handled it much better and in a professional manner. maybe he should take notes.

as for your username, I did not correlate it with 25 but rather thought you were, well, a shady bills fan...hehe

7 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

What did he think about Woods leaving? That seems more relevant. 

I don't know but you do realize that the Bills didn't trade Woods right?  He was free to leave.   Commonsense.......intentionally or unfortunately ironic?:lol:

49 minutes ago, BmarvB said:

Tough as hell spot to be throwing a rookie in, but something has to change. Let's see how things go

Tough as hell spot?  I don't get it?  Other than starting the season as the QB, this might be the ideal spot.  He's had more than half of a season to watch games from the sidelines and study film with the team.  It's on the road, but in a small stadium with band wagon fans against a sub .500 team.  Fans might begin to grumble a bit after a couple bad passes if it were home.  I really believe it's the perfect scenario.

And McCoy will be fine.  What's he going to say?  great move?

Edited by ricojes