Did we have to announce Peterman as the starter?

JÂy RÛßeÒ

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

Sure, that would have been nice. But players talk. Someone anonymous player would have talked to Josina Anderson, then ESPN would blow it up, and then there would be all sorts of speculation and the team loses control of the story. That would have been a Rex/Whaley  move. McBeane is better than that.

Eh. I mean, maybe it becomes somewhat of a story for what... 5 days at most? If the team is gathered and informed of the decision, then I do not see media speculation (which occurs every day) being such a negative. I do see the Chargers game-planning for Taylor and then having to adjust on the fly to Peterman being a significant positive. 

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

?

Only the “ Garbage time” that apparently was enough of a final straw for our HC?

Three years of non improving tape had more to do with TT being benched then some garbage time against Saints lol

1 hour ago, Perry Turtle said:

If McD had a set he would have drafted Watson and dumped Taylor when he had the chance during the offseason.

They werent going to take a QB early in any way shape or form. McD was still working with Whaley and Whaley's scouting staff. He wasnt going to tie his first chance at HC to their reports.  Makes sense.

4 hours ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

Is there some NFL rule that states you have to announce your starting QB before the game?

i hour before game time IIRC

4 hours ago, mead107 said:

Stephen A likes the move

oh :censored:

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

The CoT - RIP.

I'm trying to be nice....     so better left unsaid 

• Like (+1) 1

I get it now...trick the Chargers into thinking Peterman is the starting QB, so they don't prepare the usual defense for TT...then switch 'em up right after the game starts and BAM! We have them right where we want them.

I was skeptical at first, but then I realized that the chargers may also have a backup QB starting, so really, Peterman has a chance to shine here and bring us the win, I think he's very capable of doing that especially if Rivers doesn't start, if Rivers does start then It won't be as easy.