Your experience with venison

CountryCletus

The deer where I live in VA are only grass fed. The venison is excellent.

It used to be the favored meet of European royalty.

We don't "hunt," we merely choose to grab one of the many deer that roam our property, and there are plenty.

We don't eat bucks, only does, and head shots to keep the meat from getting blood on it.

Just one or two a year, but the backstrap is excellent.

1 hour ago, CountryCletus said:

I just wanted to see who out there has had any experience with eating venison, cooking venison, hunting deer, picking up roadkill, etc.... if you have eaten venison, what are your favorite ways to eat it, and if you don’t like it, how did you have it?

Pic or it didn't happen.

1 hour ago, CountryCletus said:

I just wanted to see who out there has had any experience with eating venison, cooking venison, hunting deer, picking up roadkill, etc.... if you have eaten venison, what are your favorite ways to eat it, and if you don’t like it, how did you have it?

lived on it for three years in college.

My brother in law does a venison carpaccio from the tenderloin that is damn near the best thing I have ever eaten. Olive oil, salt, jalapeno, not quite sure what else, but damn is it delicious! 

4 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

What? Like eating it naked?  Yeah sure, why not. 

Please identify the naked party....not that there’s anything wrong with that. (Though you have possible health restrictions?)