Give Peterman the start vs. the Chargers - and -

Punt75

If our Offensive Line is that bad then we need a QB who has a quick release.  Tyrod doesn't have that and constantly drifts too deep in the pocket.  He throws a 15 yard completion but the catch is made at the line of scrimmage!!  Peterman gets the ball out quickly.  I think the O-Line and receivers appreciate that.  Maybe he isn't the QB of the future but the team overall needs a different offensive look.  IF Peterman falters vs. the Chargers bring Tyrod in and let him be a hero to win the game!

• Like (+1) 1

I doubt they do that, but Peterman is the type of QB fit for the system. Tyrod is a square peg in a round hole, and it's not neccesarily his fault either.

Make the system fit TT, or put in the QB that fits the system.

I have had suspicions that they threw TT to the fire intentionally, so he could either become what they want him to be, or justify releasing or trading him if he's bad. 

4 minutes ago, Punt75 said:

Sorry - - I was just trying to make a comment

Punt75, you'll get used to the expected standards...don't post a new one until you've searched the Wall.  It is HIGHLY unlikely that you will start many threads, but if you find your topic, you'll also find plenty of good conversation.  

14 minutes ago, Shotgunner said:

I doubt they do that, but Peterman is the type of QB fit for the system. Tyrod is a square peg in a round hole, and it's not neccesarily his fault either.

I have had suspicions that they threw TT to the fire intentionally, so he could either become what they want him to be, or justify releasing or trading him if he's bad. 

I think your last sentence nailed it on the head.  See if he's gonna be the guy for the system.  Now that we know, we can move on.

1 minute ago, Buffalo30 said:

I think your last sentence nailed it on the head.  See if he's gonna be the guy for the system.  Now that we know, we can move on.

It's not a bad way to do it...
If he succeeds, you get credit.
If he fails, he was the QB from the last regime...and your draft position improves.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

Give Peterman a start and if the defense holds them to under 20 and we score over 20 we win.  In general a defense that holds teams under 20 ppg and and offense that scores 22 or more per game is a winning combination.  If Peterman gets us there then I'm all for it.

6 minutes ago, dulles said:

Punt75, you'll get used to the expected standards...don't post a new one until you've searched the Wall.  It is HIGHLY unlikely that you will start many threads, but if you find your topic, you'll also find plenty of good conversation.  

Mostly, threads are started bt 26CB, Yolo and Savior Peterman.  It's content, instantaneous news and agita, in that order.

36 minutes ago, Shotgunner said:

To your second point, I’m coming around to a similar opinion but do wish they would start Peterman just so the Bills know or have some idea what they have before the Draft.

I wish I knew what the OC and HC are trying to do with the offense.  I think they want a pocket passer;  however, they should let Tyrod be Tyrod.  Unleash the beast.  While I don't think this is a sustainable formula;  however, it's what TT does best.  A moving TT gives us a chance against LAC and KC.  

7 minutes ago, JM2009 said:

Tyrod has a bad day. #Bills might have already made long term decision on him But don’t think they are ready to turn it over to Peterman. Plus benching Taylor let’s OLine off hook for brutal 2 weeks. And remember, Tyrod doesn’t play defense

The o-line wasn’t a big problem today. They certainly help up well in pass protection and we’re better than previous weeks. And nobody is excusing the defense either. We all know that entire unit was horrible.