A Few Thoughts About the Saints Game

Virgil

Tyrod Tayor was beyond pathetic in this game. 9 of 18 for 56 yards and an INT.  I've been on his side up until this game and now want to see more of Peterman. I know he took the team to five wins and he should be allowed to have some bad games at times. Alas,  He was such a detriment to a win today that he should have been replaced at halftime. I'm done supporting the guy and hope the Bills are carefully looking at this year's crop of rookie QB's.

WTF happened to the run defense? Can those stats be right? 298 yards rushing on 48 attempts with a 6.2 YPC average. 6 rushing TD's? The entire defense hit a wall today! 

2 hours ago, Virgil said:

10 - McDermott - There was a thread comparing McDermott to Chip Kelly.  I thought it was absurd at the time, but I'm starting to wonder a bit.  Not because of the playcalling philosophy, but because of the "my way or the highway" mentality.  The players on the field are the ones McDermott wants.  Dareus, Sammy, Woods, were not good fits.  Tolbert is his 2nd rb, Ducasse is his starting guard while Miller is a healthy scratch.  I believe a Head Coach is supposed to find ways to motivate his players, give them a goal, and also find a system that maximizes their talents.  McDermott only seems to want people who will do what he wants and shares his vision, talented or not.  We are seeing the results of that now.  Hopefully, with cap space and draft picks, he will get all those guys.  If not, this could be year 1 of 3 before another rebuild.  

Woods was a good fit, he just wanted out. Nothing McDermott could do about that. Dareus has been a bum since 2014 and Sammy is proving out in LA right now that he's just a guy.

I don't get this critique. It's lazy and just stupid. McDermott isn't any more "my way or the highway" than any head coach in the NFL. It has absolutely nothing to do with today's blowout.

I don't understand how players come to Buffalo and completey forget how to play football.  I mean, we're right back where we were... They can't tackle.  They can't complete the simplest of passes. They completely forget how to blitze.  You name it, they don't have it.  Pride, desire..nothing.  They have nothing.  2 weeks in a row and i'm still wondering is Buffalo going to field a professional football team again this year?  They suck.  

This was fun.  Now its just pathetic.

4 minutes ago, Rico said:

I can't see who's knocking them out in the NFC.

Eagles? How has Schwartz done against Brees historically? By way of comparison: In 12 games now, McDermott defensive squads have now given up an average of slightly over 30 points per game vs Brees/sean payton. That’s a large sample size, and with this sort of stuff i put stock in past history.

Edited by dave mcbride

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

Eagles? How has Schwartz done against Brees historically. In 12 games now, McDermott defensive squads have now given up an average of slightly over 30 points per game. That’s a large sample size, and with stuff i put stock in past history.

I don't trust Wentz just yet, though I give him props for being far more impressive than I ever thought he'd be.

Tyrod Taylor missed so many freaking tackles today it was embarrassing. Those throws to his receiver of 8 whole days were way too high, no matter that every other receiver in this league can easily jump higher than anyone to make those throws. Don't even get me started on how much pass blocking by Tyrod gave Tyrod ample time to throw. 

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Woods was a good fit, he just wanted out. Nothing McDermott could do about that. Dareus has been a bum since 2014 and Sammy is proving out in LA right now that he's just a guy.

I don't get this critique. It's lazy and just stupid. McDermott isn't any more "my way or the highway" than any head coach in the NFL. It has absolutely nothing to do with today's blowout.

I’ll do my best to be less lazy and stupid 

6 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Yea. I mean I get it. Tyrod had an awful game, but going to Peterman isn't going to fix the every other obvious holes on team. 

This is where I am. But still Tyrod had time and looked bad today. As a guy whose defended Tyrod for a long time, it’s getting hard. 

Peterman is a better Thad Lewis though. So at best Peterman is a spark and not an answer. 

3 hours ago, Believer said:

Cut Tolbert... Make DiMarco the blocking and short yardage back... Go out and get a decent second RB... If the big plus for Tolbert is his veteran presence in the locker room... it is not making any difference on the playing field... Enough...

How much longer can he be an effective locker room guy when his on field production is so fugly.  I can honestly state that my ear for his locker room talk would tune out given the way he performs on the field . . . 

Good assessment on the game.  The Bills were flat out terrible in every phase of the game today.  You name it they and didn't get it done.  The run D was flat out embarrassing and even worse than when Rex Ryan's D gave up 200 yards plus last season on three occasions. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz