College Basketball 2017-2018

YoloinOhio

Crazy night last night.  I think Houston punched their ticket with the big win against Cinci.  Ohio State was due for a game like this & PSU is not a bad team, I don't care what their RPI says.  Arizona got a nice win at ASU last night.  Should be a crazy atmosphere tonight at the RC.  Bonnies at large hopes are hinging on this one.  They need it.  I love betting on desperate teams at home.  I think Bonnies win tonight.  Line is sitting at Bonnie +1.5 right now.  Might throw some money on them.  Great weekend of basketball coming up though.  Really looking forward to Nova/X tomorrow.  Winner has inside track for a 1 seed. 

Edited by Gordio

30 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Congrats Bonnie fans! I did not see game, but that should go a long way towards a bid! awesome! And congrats UB too!

Now, lets get the Spiders to win the conference and get 3 bid A-10!!

You are discriminating. Why didn't you include the Griffs when throwing out the accolades? Are you a hater? If Kirby sees your post you will be on his crap list. :)

did the Griffs 

17 minutes ago, JohnC said:

You are discriminating. Why didn't you include the Griffs when throwing out the accolades? Are you a hater? If Kirby sees your post you will be on his crap list. :)

did the Griffs win something yesterday? If so, congrats!:beer:

13 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Condescending is a behavior that gets proud street-wise Italians into strike back mode. Be careful. :ph34r:

i have no idea if they won something honestly, and was too lazy to look it up. Saw a tweet UB won their side of the conference, saw Bonnie beat UR..have no clue if the Griffs won anything yesterday.

19 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

i have no idea if they won something honestly, and was too lazy to look it up. Saw a tweet UB won their side of the conference, saw Bonnie beat UR..have no clue if the Griffs won anything yesterday.

Canisius beat Monmouth, a Jersey powerhouse 78-60! :D All the local teams UB, Bona, Niagara and Canisius) are  playing well this season. UB and hopefully Bona will make the tournament. Canisius will have to win their tournament to make it to the dance. If you want the scoop on Canisius Kirby's the man to talk to. As of today he has banished me from his select circle because of my unyielding position on Tryrod.  Eventually he will see the light. 

UB men clinched the MAC East Friday. Toledo lost too, so the Bulls have a 2-game lead on 1st place overall. 4 games remain.

The UB women also clinched the MAC East, but trail Central Michigan by one game for first. But unlike the men, they are a likely getting an at-large bid thanks to an RPI of 14.

Vindication for Michigan today, after blowing their first game against the Buckeyes.

Michigan beat Ohio State today in Ann Arbor on Senior Day, where the Wolverines finished the season 15-1 at home.

Michigan has had some disappointing losses this year, but they have had some big wins as well.

The entire Big 10 has gotten bizarre at the end of the regular season

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

When Villanova is on fire, like they were yesterday, they can beat anybody. Xavier didn’t play poorly in the first half, but ‘Nova crushed them. Glad it’s only one game. No shame in losing to Nova. Peak in March! 

1 minute ago, plenzmd1 said:

Lets hope its peak late 50's!

I’ve set my hopes on the 60’s! I’ve got a few years on you, and the finishing line to the 50’s is almost in sight. The best things in my recent life include the dog just has a bladder infection (vs a tumor which was the other option), and buying a massage chair yesterday, which is good for old men. I still have some eligibility left, maybe I’m a few massages away from being the next Michael Jordan? 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Augie said:

I’ve set my hopes on the 60’s! I’ve got a few years on you, and the finishing line to the 50’s is almost in sight. The best things in my recent life include the dog just has a bladder infection (vs a tumor which was the other option), and buying a massage chair yesterday, which is good for old men. I still have some eligibility left, maybe I’m a few massages away from being the next Michael Jordan? 

More like a few massages away from being Bill Clinton :P 

Trier of Arizona again tests + and subject to suspension

but wait, it may be traces still there from way back?

that's some powerful stuff he took by accident in 2016

Edited by row_33

10 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Okay, someone overnight me some Bonnie gear and I will proudly wear it tomorrow night and be the only Bonnie fan in attendance at VCU. Go Bonnies! The enemy of my enemy is a friend and all that

Haha.  I would but I trust my fellow alums to be there.  It won't happen here, but there are a lot of road games that sound like home games for us. 

1 hour ago, bbb said:

Haha.  I would but I trust my fellow alums to be there.  It won't happen here, but there are a lot of road games that sound like home games for us. 

Xavier played at Georgetown a couple days ago, and TENS of GT fans showed up. Kind of nice for Xavier to get a tame environment, but shameful for a Big east game. I mean, it was like the Bills fans taking over at a Jags game! 

With or without the tarps! 

5 hours ago, Augie said:

Xavier played at Georgetown a couple days ago, and TENS of GT fans showed up. Kind of nice for Xavier to get a tame environment, but shameful for a Big east game. I mean, it was like the Bills fans taking over at a Jags game! 

Yeah, I listen to Tony Kornheiser, and Chris Cilizza is a co-host a few days a week.  He's a Georgetown grad and went to that game, and was embarrassed by their crowd. 

8 hours ago, bbb said:

Yeah, I listen to Tony Kornheiser, and Chris Cilizza is a co-host a few days a week.  He's a Georgetown grad and went to that game, and was embarrassed by their crowd. 

I mean, X was ranked 4th! You’d think people would show up hoping to be there for the possible upset. It wasn’t DePaul. But the crowd looked worse than you’d expect for DePaul. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Augie said:

I mean, X was ranked 4th! You’d think people would show up hoping to be there for the possible upset. It wasn’t DePaul. But the crowd looked worse than you’d expect for DePaul. 

Georgetown lost DC a while back, and they play in too big an arena. Wizards being good again(relatively) hurts em too.

I am single tonight, buddies all have obligations.. i have a 2 craigslist wanted ads roday..one for a single to the VCU game, one for Cabaret. Whichever one gets answered first, thats where I go!

Will be happy either way

13 hours ago, Augie said:

Wasn’t the Big East big time from 1984 to 1994?

Its been over 20 years since it mattered nationally.

3 hours ago, row_33 said:

Wasn’t the Big East big time from 1984 to 1994?

Its been over 20 years since it mattered nationally.

Well, with a Big East team in the championship game 3 of the last 8 years, with Villanova winning it two years ago, and two teams currently in the top 5, it would seem you just haven’t been paying attention. Look at the conference, and especially top half, SOS and RPI and that tells a different story. The BE typically has gotten about 60% of the conference into the tournament in recent years. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Georgetown lost DC a while back, and they play in too big an arena. Wizards being good again(relatively) hurts em too.

I am single tonight, buddies all have obligations.. i have a 2 craigslist wanted ads roday..one for a single to the VCU game, one for Cabaret. Whichever one gets answered first, thats where I go!

Will be happy either way

Easy choice -- Cabaret is a fantastic show.  I saw it 3x in NYC back in the 90s.

Edited by KD in CA

11 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Easy choice -- Cabaret is a fantastic show.  I saw it 3x in NYC back in the 90s.

that's where I ended up! I would give it a 6 out of 10, sound was bad. This was the first time I have seen Cabaret,  I need to look up the original book,  seemed quite risque for a play that debuted in the late 60's!.

Congrats to Bonnie, think they are firmly in with that win. VCU hard place to play. Davidson has to just be like "WTF", how did we lose to the Spiders twice?

14 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

that's where I ended up! I would give it a 6 out of 10, sound was bad. This was the first time I have seen Cabaret,  I need to look up the original book,  seemed quite risque for a play that debuted in the late 60's!.

Congrats to Bonnie, think they are firmly in with that win. VCU hard place to play. Davidson has to just be like "WTF", how did we lose to the Spiders twice?

We're in - but only if we win 4 more straight games! 

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

That sounds like a significant “but”. 

Yeah, that's what happens when you lose 4 of your first 5 conference games.  Every game after is a must win.  So far, they've won 10 in a row.  I think we don't get in without 4 more wins. 

6 minutes ago, bbb said:

Yeah, that's what happens when you lose 4 of your first 5 conference games.  Every game after is a must win.  So far, they've won 10 in a row.  I think we don't get in without 4 more wins. 

My Xavier team is 25-4, with 2 losses to Villanova...no shame there. Another to ASU who was a top 5 team much of the season. My fear is an early exit in March. That stuff happens. One bad day...

I’m just loving every minute while I can. The most fun I’ve had in years was going to Orlando to see X win 2 games last March, then joining the wife for a Denver/Vail trip the next weekend to see them beat Arizona to reach ther Elite 8. 

Sweet 10 days! 

1 minute ago, Augie said:

My Xavier team is 25-4, with 2 losses to Villanova...no shame there. Another to ASU who was a top 5 team much of the season. My fear is an early exit in March. That stuff happens. One bad day...

I’m just loving every minute while I can. The most fun I’ve had in years was going to Orlando to see X win 2 games last March, then joining the wife for a Denver/Vail trip the next weekend to see them beat Arizona to reach ther Elite 8. 

Sweet 10 days! 

I'm jealous...........My friend's daughter is a freshman there, and loving the Musketeers games!

17 minutes ago, bbb said:

Bonnies?   Unless they collapse or blow the first game of the A10 tourney I think they are close to a sure bet.

As it is, we're only getting two from the conference this year unless there is a major tourney upset, which of course I am not rooting for.