Cordy Glenn injured AGAIN.

45 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I don't care.  He's paid enough to play through injury, regardless of the severity.

You sir are a clown 

1. You have no idea the severity

2. Ankle/Feet are crucial to his stability and his ability to hold his ground against the rushers and push off to block for shady

3. This opinion is useless and needs to back in the cave

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Xerx said:

You sir are a clown 

2. Ankle/Feet are crucial to his stability and his ability to hold his ground against the rushers and push off to block for shady

Bull.  He's got Contract Ankle.  You know it and I know it.  And Shady's all washed up, anyway.

• Haha (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Xerx said:

You sir are a clown 

gug likes to see how much he can get under ones skin and he succeeded so far with you. unless you have been lurking and knew that before you joined or not, you have been warned. 

as for glen, they need to move on from him and his $65 million contract. at 28 and with those ankle injures they could dump him and find a replacement for less money through fa or the draft?

Some of these comments are insane. I hate the way some fans dehumanize these players and act like they should be out there even if their arms are falling off. They're friggin' human beings. They aren't superheroes. Yeah, they get paid a lot of money but getting a fat salary doesn't justify playing while far less than 100%. You're more of a detriment than an asset if you're out there playing hurt because you're not going to be as effective. 

It's like some people just have no problem speaking so ill of these guys and they always wanna justify by pointing out how much money they make. Or if they aren't performing as well as they can, the name-calling and calls to be cut and kicked out of the league, it's just like, blech. Is that fandom? I don't see it that way. At the end of the day, these guys are all just a bunch of human beings with a really interesting job. They aren't invincible. I dunno, maybe that's just me but I'm not in the habit of degrading any player for any football-related reason. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

gug likes to see how much he can get under ones skin and he succeeded so far with you. unless you have been lurking and knew that before you joined or not, you have been warned. 

as for glen, they need to move on from him and his $65 million contract. at 28 and with those ankle injures they could dump him and find a replacement for less money through fa or the draft?

I have been lurking for a bit

I do know know all the :censored: yet sadly

9 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

Some of these comments are insane. I hate the way some fans dehumanize these players and act like they should be out there even if their arms are falling off. They're friggin' human beings. They aren't superheroes. Yeah, they get paid a lot of money but getting a fat salary doesn't justify playing while far less than 100%. You're more of a detriment than an asset if you're out there playing hurt because you're not going to be as effective. 

It's like some people just have no problem speaking so ill of these guys and they always wanna justify by pointing out how much money they make. Or if they aren't performing as well as they can, the name-calling and calls to be cut and kicked out of the league, it's just like, blech. Is that fandom? I don't see it that way. At the end of the day, these guys are all just a bunch of human beings with a really interesting job. They aren't invincible. I dunno, maybe that's just me but I'm not in the habit of degrading any player for any football-related reason. 

I'm as guilty of doubting some injuries as the next guy. When you have Andrew Luck playing with a shredded shoulder you realize some players have a higher pain tolerance than others (I think it was our own medical staff that said Sammy's foot injury was more of a pain tolerance issue before the surgery). The other thing many of us have experienced is  "Jairus Byrd Syndrome" (when he had plantar fasciatis, didn't play but then signed with the Saints, many here were po'd). Then you have Marcel's hammy during the first week of training camp...the list goes on and on.

35 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

Was this really called for?  I have feelings, too, you know!

2 hours ago, yungmack said:

WTH is wrong with you? This is a chronic condition he's been dealing with off and on for years. There is nothing new here. I thought Glenn had a new injury. But, no, just someone recycling an old story but with a misleading title. Seems like you needed an excuse to start a thread. 

EXACTLY why they shoulda traded him.

Look at you, making strides toward logical thought.

4 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

And people question why the front office would entertain moving him because he is talented. If a player can't stay healthy, it doesn't matter if they are as skilled as Brady, all the talent in the world won't help you sitting on IR

Sure seemed healthy vs the Jets!  :w00t:

13 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

EXACTLY why they shoulda traded him.

Look at you, making strides toward logical thought.

Glenn has had three DIFFERENT injuries over the past two years.   Not one 'chronic condition.'

He got a high ankle sprain in the preseason of 2016.   He hurt his back in week 12 and missed the final three games of 2016.    And this year, he hurt his other foot in spring workouts and he's been battling THAT injury through the first half of the year.

You can have you own (half-baked) thoughts, but that doesn't make them logical...