Wager: Will the Dolphins Make the Playoffs

dubs

2 minutes ago, Albwan said:

fins=jets=bills, all will be in last place w no playoffs at the end of the season.

/end post

Well technically thats impossible as Mia-Bills-Jets play each other.....someone's gotta win unless your calling tie's all around....

14 minutes ago, MDH said:

Where do you see them getting the necessary victories to get to 9-10 wins? Their Schedule is brutal. @CAR, @NE, @KC, @BUF and then hosting NE and BUF . The only games I see as relatively easy are hosting TB and maybe the DEN game, but that D is dominant.

I think they'll beat us in Buffalo sadly, also wins against the Pats at home, Bucs, Broncos so that's 8 wins there.

And with the remaining four they need will probably need to find 2 wins between: @ CAR, @ NE, @ KC and home against us in the finale.  Certainly doable especially since the toughest one will be in NE of course.

Regardless no way I'm underestimating the Dolphins again this year, Gase and Tannenbaum are building a very solid program in south beach and can only hope McD/Beane follow a similar blueprint.

29 minutes ago, JPP said:

You obviously did not watch the game.....try watching some football instead of getting all the info off the net....Cutler dinked and dunked and checked down all friggin night thats why his stats were so good....and to boot against one of the ghastliest defences in the league....LOL!

Cutler has emerged from the scrapheap and is having a decent season for the fish this year. Also they just got Devante Parker back from injury and he made an insane grab in that game, should be a boost for them down the stretch regardless. Also watch out for Kenyan Drake as well who is a dual threat at RB and part of the reason they dumped Ajay from what I've heard.

Believe me I wish I was wrong about the Dolphins but my gut instinct tells me they are going to be LARGE down the stretch like last year sadly. And I was not a believer in them last year but they just kept winning football games including sweeping the Bills.

1 minute ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Cutler has emerged from the scrapheap and is having a decent season for the fish this year. Also they just got Devante Parker back from injury and he made an insane grab in that game, should be a boost for them down the stretch regardless. Also watch out for Kenyan Drake as well who is a dual threat at RB and part of the reason they dumped Ajay from what I've heard.

Believe me I wish I was wrong about the Dolphins but my gut instinct tells me they are going to be LARGE down the stretch like last year sadly. And I was not a believer in them last year but they just kept winning football games including sweeping the Bills.

I have to admit SP, you are truly committed to this shtick and no matter how ridiculous and repetitive your posts get or how everyone knows you don't actually believe these things, you just stick to your guns and keep up the charade.  Pretty impressive actually.  

3 minutes ago, dubs said:

I have to admit SP, you are truly committed to this shtick and no matter how ridiculous and repetitive your posts get or how everyone knows you don't actually believe these things, you just stick to your guns and keep up the charade.  Pretty impressive actually.  

Not sure why people think this and quite frankly I wasn't even going to respond to the thread but since I was essentially called out with a large piece of red meat so to speak I couldn't resist.

I know the Fish are a hated rival and I revel in their past failures as much as any Bills fan. But the sad reality is Gase and Tannebaum turned them around very quickly (another reason Bills fans should be envious given our own failures). And even if we were 7-1 right now and dominating teams I'd still be weary of the Dolphins for the aforementioned reasons.

Either way it's time to move on and worry about the task at hand. Can't worry about the Dolphins until December and can only monitor them from afar. Good news is they've lost two games in a row though.

18 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Geez man.....watch the games....last years dolphins and this years dolphins are polar opposites,,,,,,they are ****.....of all the other teams gunning for a WC spot they are the one's im least worried about.....

Looking at current records and remaining schedule, I think there will be quite a battle for the #6 spot. 

(Unfortunately, I see either the Jags or Titans easily nabbing the first wild card).

The Bills have the best record at 5-3, but their schedule is brutal.

The Dolphins have the next best at 4-4, but their schedule is equally brutal. 

Out of the mess of 5 loss teams (Jets, Ravens, Bengals, Texans, Raiders, Chargers, Broncos), it's the teams in the North with the easiest remaining games.  Everybody else has some pretty tough upcoming games, and not much wiggle room.

If the Dolphins beat the Bills twice (which is possible and exactly what they did last year), there is a really good chance they get that last spot.

7 minutes ago, jr1 said:

Gase's douche antics are wearing thin with the players

Calling out his players in the media way he did is not cool plus i think dumping Ajai was the straw that broke the camels back so to speak......

I think it's more likely the Chiefs squish the Fish to the tune of 60-0 than the Carp make the playoffs.  Frankly, I'm shocked that Gase wasn't fired after that 40-0 massacre by the Ravens.  That game was just about the worst effort by an NFL team I've seen in a long while.   I wouldn't have bothered watching it but I love it when the Carp get slaughtered ... I remember Zero For the Seventies!

5 hours ago, dubs said:

I had an idea...Let's have a "Put your money where your mouth is" wager.  Very simple stakes...winners stay, losers leave the board.

There's been some weird chatter that the Dolphins are a team about to go on a big run and make the playoffs.  If you think that, go on record.  If they do in fact make the playoffs, I'll quit the board.  If they do not make the playoffs, then you have to quit the board.

Any takers?  I think there might be some vocal advocates of the Dolphins out there...

Won't work.  The person of interest would only get a VPN service and reconstitute as a new TSW "Bills' Fan" with articles/posts to get everyone worked up.  

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

3 hours ago, SaviorPeterman said:

You guys are funny but I'm not taking the bait. And this board seems to have a very healthy obsession with Miami for some reason.

Look the Dolphins swept us last year just like the Jets and we barely beat them at home and got throttled by them in NY the other night. What should that tell you about a Dolphins team that is significantly better than the Jets especially on defense?

Also as I pointed out several times before, last year the Dolphins started 1-4 and won 9 of 11 with their only losses coming against the Pats at home and at Baltimore (where they were spanked like this years game). So even though they are 4-4 this year and in the same spot after 8 games, they are certainly trending more positively after not starting the season like last year.

If the Dolphins don't make the playoffs I'll certainly admit I'm wrong. Also still think spitting with them is best case scenario this year. Gase's team will be playing their best football of the season when we play them twice in Dec and Bills could be in the midst of an epic meltdown by then. If both teams are in thick of the playoff race saying these games loom LARGE is an understatement.

If you'd been around back at the dawn of time you'd understand the phish hatred. The obvious answer is if the Bills are in the thick of a playoff race by the time the phish come up then no melt down happened, this will definitely not be the same ole Bills and they will bury Miami. The die will be cast with the bolt game. 7-3 with the chiefs on  deck and the drought is probably over.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, dubs said:

I had an idea...Let's have a "Put your money where your mouth is" wager.  Very simple stakes...winners stay, losers leave the board.

There's been some weird chatter that the Dolphins are a team about to go on a big run and make the playoffs.  If you think that, go on record.  If they do in fact make the playoffs, I'll quit the board.  If they do not make the playoffs, then you have to quit the board.

Any takers?  I think there might be some vocal advocates of the Dolphins out there...

I havent seen this Dolphin love yet.  And even so, I wouldn't take the bet in either direction.  Its the NFL...the same league that made Jauron an NFL coach of the year.  Anything is possible even though I don't see the Dolphins making playoffs.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

This thread is hilarious....this boob (SP) and his prognostics that the Fish are the team to watch out for in the WC race....LOL....actual Fish fans will laugh at this guy.......

8 hours ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Go to NFL.com and search team stats, they are currently #10 overall on defense in terms of yards allowed per game.

Also they are still in favorable position according to PFF's advanced metrics.

Dolphins have all the ingredients to make a serious run in the 2nd half of the season and it's very concerning that Jay Cutler is coming off his best game of the season, albeit in a loss, because their offense was red hot last year in the 2nd half after a similar slow start.

What PFF advanced metrics have them in favorable position?  YPG don't mean squat.

21 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

They were 4-4 in week 9 man.  With the Jets x2, Bills, NE and Ravens on the schedule.

And had won 3 straight games with the worst team in the div coming up twice . Not lost 2 straight games with already playing the worst team in the div twice. 

4 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

I think you're being revisionist dude.  4-4 and playoffs were "not unexpected?"

Not like this year! Have you watched them play? If you were watching them at this point last year you could absolutely still give them a chance at a WC. They were playing very well and appeared on the rise. They had the starting QB and ajayi was killing it. If you are watching them this year it’s the opposite. They are not playing well and appear on the decline. They don’t have their starting qb  and ajayi is gone. Are they mathematically eliminated? No but it would be very unexpected for them to make the playoffs.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Not like this year! Have you watched them play? If you were watching them at this point last year you could absolutely still give them a chance at a WC. They were playing very well and appeared on the rise. They had the starting QB and ajayi was killing it. If you are watching them this year it’s the opposite. They are not playing well and appear on the decline. They don’t have their starting qb  and ajayi is gone. Are they mathematically eliminated? No but it would be very unexpected for them to make the playoffs.

Cutler's last game was his best all year.

2 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

Cutler's last game was his best all year.

HAHAHAHAA.......try actually watching the game.....he did nothing but dinked/dunked and checked down all game against one of worst defensive sides ive seen all season so far vs the raiders...thats why his stats are so inflated.....

25 minutes ago, JPP said:

HAHAHAHAA.......try actually watching the game.....he did nothing but dinked/dunked and checked down all game against one of worst defensive sides ive seen all season so far vs the raiders...thats why his stats are so inflated.....

It was still his best game.  That's not saying it was all that good, but he's played worse.