Anybody thinking our wins look a little less impressive...

16 hours ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

At the time, the wins over Denver, Atlanta, Oakland, and Tampa Bay looked like signature wins.  But those teams are not living up to expectations this season - none is above .500 right now.

With 6 of our final 8 games against teams currently .500 or better are we about to get gut-punched back to reality?

I'm trying to trust the process and not compare to past Bills teams, but it's tough...

Yes, I think we are going to come back to reality.

Another big factor in our wins is the turnover ratio...and that is not sustainable.  Not at that level anyway.

We still have some wins left in us on this schedule, but not a ton.

I still say one week at a time.  This New Orleans game is going to be tough and a real challenge.

9 hours ago, BillsRdue said:

The Jets loss looks really bad too. What a clunker. Panthers on the road is not embarrassing, but we could have had it.

Division opponent, on the road, short week, against a team playing for their season isn't as bad a loss as the Bengals in my mind.  Certainly a clunker game but I was talking more about the team they lost to not the way they lost.

14 hours ago, Gugny said:

I do think our wins have been against sub par teams.

I also think that the Jets loss last Thursday was the beginning of the Bills coming back down to earth.

As far as the process goes - I always understood it as getting rid of the players who don't fit, stockpiling some draft picks and looking toward the future.

I am down with the process and I truly believe it will work out within the next two years.

But 2017 is over and the Bills have already exceeded expectations.

#SP
They weren't subpar  when we faced them.  Well OK  I'll give you Cincy.    Inter conference games are always a toss up with the NYETS and Fins 

Just now, ShadyBillsFan said:

#SP
They weren't subpar  when we faced them.  Well OK  I'll give you Cincy.    Inter conference games are always a toss up with the NYETS and Fins 

2017 Atlanta is far from 2016 Atlanta.

2017 Denver is far from 2016 Denver.

2017 Tampa Bay is far from 2016 Tampa Bay.

2017 Oakland is far from 2016 Oakland.

And we beat the Jets.

I was talking about teams we've beaten.  And we haven't beaten any teams that are playing very well this season - including when we faced them.

In fact, Carolina is the only team we've PLAYED who is currently above .500.

The wins felt impressive at the time because we were comparing those teams to who/what they were last year. 

Turns out, those weren't fair comparisons.

We beat bad teams.  And only one of our losses was against a somewhat decent team, in Carolina.

22 minutes ago, Gugny said:

2017 Atlanta is far from 2016 Atlanta.

2017 Denver is far from 2016 Denver.

2017 Tampa Bay is far from 2016 Tampa Bay.

2017 Oakland is far from 2016 Oakland.

And we beat the Jets.

I was talking about teams we've beaten.  And we haven't beaten any teams that are playing very well this season - including when we faced them.

In fact, Carolina is the only team we've PLAYED who is currently above .500.

The wins felt impressive at the time because we were comparing those teams to who/what they were last year. 

Turns out, those weren't fair comparisons.

We beat bad teams.  And only one of our losses was against a somewhat decent team, in Carolina.

Along this context....lets flip the coin here...

-Atlanta beat up a Rogers led Packers team this season

-Denver beat up the Cowboys

-Oakland defeated KC 

-The Jets have played every team and stretched them to the end (if you watched the games)...should of beaten the patsies if not for the refs in that 1 BS call

-Tampa bay....well very true.......they stink something awful this season

Just because the teams we've beaten all now have just below a 500 record does not equal that we suck.....1 very bad performance vs the jets and everyone's crying that the walls are now crashing in......any given sunday anything can happen....look at denver they become useless but yet they beat a strong cowboys team...same with atlanta taking out GB (if rogers did not go down this team easy favorite to go very deep in the playoffs)..... I say begins this weekend vs NO....even if we lose but keep it very close im still hanging with this team in the hope they can squeeze out a 9-7.....if NO blows the crap out of us than yeah i would say call it another season.......

Just now, JPP said:

-Oakland defeated KC 

-The Jets have played every team and stretched them to the end (if you watched the games)...should of beaten the patsies if not for the refs in that 1 BS call

Just because the teams we've beaten all now have just below a 500 record does not equal that we suck.....1 very bad performance vs the jets and everyone's crying that the walls are now crashing in......any given sunday anything can happen....look at denver they become useless but yet they beat a strong cowboys team...same with atlanta taking out GB (if rogers did not go down this team easy favorite to go very deep in the playoffs)..... I say begins this weekend vs NO....even if we lose but keep it very close im still hanging with this team in the hope they can squeeze out a 9-7.....if NO blows the crap out of us than yeah i would say call it another season.......

Oh, I don't recall saying the Bills suck.

I'm just saying that the Bills haven't beaten any very good teams.

I think the Bills have looked impressive in their wins.  But hot damn have they looked like pickled schit in their losses.

Bills had a LOT of bounces go their way - especially with all those turnovers - during their wins.  I don't think Buffalo is a playoff team and that's okay.

Trust the process.

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Oh, I don't recall saying the Bills suck.

I'm just saying that the Bills haven't beaten any very good teams.

I think the Bills have looked impressive in their wins.  But hot damn have they looked like pickled schit in their losses.

Bills had a LOT of bounces go their way - especially with all those turnovers - during their wins.  I don't think Buffalo is a playoff team and that's okay.

Trust the process.

Sorry never meant to say that you said bills suck.....thats just backlash from this board from some other posters that just sticks in the head.....i believe their loses are moreso indicutive of bad prep/playcalling in those games......in our wins it was the complete opposite...it looked like a totally different team and the playcalling in most was bang on.......pretty much had the same players in both wins/loses....even in the oakland game when we had our top d-players out we made them look bad.....week later we get them back (poyer-humber) and holy crap watching that game was the Rex Ryan bills through and through and that was not acceptable....the Bills are way way better than what we saw vs the jets.....im still hopeful for this weekend......

• Like (+1) 1

We're about to find out. We come out and get spanked at home? Another mediocre Bills team. We come out and win (or play tough/competitive) against a GOOD Saints team, I'll have a lot more confidence moving forward. Still though, regardless, this team is MUCH better than anybody on this board thought they would be. I started the year thinking 5-11, knowing we were in rebuilding mode. We're sitting at 5-3... any wins from here are just gravy.

Jets 4-5

Panthers 6-3

Broncos 3-5

Falcons 4-4

Bengals 3-5

Bucs 2-6

Raiders 4-5

Jets 4-5

Teams we've played: 30-38

Saints 6-2

Chargers 3-5

Chiefs 6-3

Pats 6-2

Colts 3-6

Dolphins 4-4

Pats 6-2

Dolphins 4-4

Teams we're gonna play: 38-28

Yup, the wins look less impressive, absolutely. Still not really sure what this team is.

14 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

I find those who think wins are less impressive, wins mind you, much more less impressive and wonder if they would of rather they just lost those games instead?

tanksters need not reply.

So, you would be no more impressed this year by whipping the Eagles than by squeaking past the Browns?

Come on, nobody's talking about the value of a win. You're right the value of every win is the same but the impressiveness can vary wildly. That's true of any team in any year.

12 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Jets 4-5

Panthers 6-3

Broncos 3-5

Falcons 4-4

Bengals 3-5

Bucs 2-6

Raiders 4-5

Jets 4-5

Teams we've played: 30-38

Saints 6-2

Chargers 3-5

Chiefs 6-3

Pats 6-2

Colts 3-6

Dolphins 4-4

Pats 6-2

Dolphins 4-4

Teams we're gonna play: 38-28

Yup, the wins look less impressive, absolutely. Still not really sure what this team is.

As brilliantly pointed out by YOLO on another thread, the Jets, Falcons, and Raiders would all be over .500 if they hadn't been beaten by the Bills.

Something to think about. :)

16 hours ago, JPP said:

-Oakland defeated KC 

Yep this is fair.  The league is as topsy turvy this year as I can remember it.  I still think Atlanta and Oakland will end the season with winning records.  Denver I never thought would be good. I knew their QBing was a problem going into the year and they are now playing the Brocketship..... so say no more! Tampa I expected to be better but they have been a major disappointment and they will end the season much worse than I expected but will win a game or two you don't expect them to in the remainder of the year.  

On November 7, 2017 at 7:31 AM, row_33 said:

I'm not sure what on earth Atlanta thinks it is doing out there on O, I think they lost half their brain in that Super Bowl.

Maybe, but they also lost their offensive coordinator in Shanahan. Jury still out on Sarkasian.

5 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

So, you would be no more impressed this year by whipping the Eagles than by squeaking past the Browns?

Come on, nobody's talking about the value of a win. You're right the value of every win is the same but the impressiveness can vary wildly. That's true of any team in any year.

you're entitled to your opinion.

10 minutes ago, The Monk said:

I still think that the Bills are at least a year away from being a contender. Right now we just have to many holes on both sides of the ball to be  in contention 18 years of no playoffs seems more likely to me.

yeah, might as well give up on the season at the halfway point.