Anybody thinking our wins look a little less impressive...

21 hours ago, Gugny said:

Oh, I don't recall saying the Bills suck.

I'm just saying that the Bills haven't beaten any very good teams.

I think the Bills have looked impressive in their wins.  But hot damn have they looked like pickled schit in their losses.

Bills had a LOT of bounces go their way - especially with all those turnovers - during their wins.  I don't think Buffalo is a playoff team and that's okay.

Trust the process.

What good teams have the Bills played this year?

Panthers? Maybe?

In other words, we haven't played any good teams this year. Just a bunch of average teams. And there aren't that many good teams this year (so far). Maybe the Pats*, Steelers, Saints, Chiefs, Eagles, Rams. But then again, Pats* got slaughtered and almost lost a couple more; Steelers got destroyed by Jax and almost lost the Browns; Saints are on a streak, but lost a couple; Rams almost lost to the 49ers. So, it's hard to say who is truly a good team. I guess the Eagles!

Is Jax good? Seattle? Dallas? Minn? 

So, it almost seems pointless to note  that the Bills have not beaten any good teams. I think it is far more accurate to say that the Bills beat a few average teams and the Bills are pretty average. 

Still 8 more weeks. 

15 minutes ago, The Monk said:

I still think that the Bills are at least a year away from being a contender. Right now we just have to many holes on both sides of the ball to be  in contention 18 years of no playoffs seems more likely to me.

Unfortunately this is looking like the case. Another grand deception so to speak because we beat some teams early in the season who were very good last year (i.e. Falcons, Raiders) but not so much this year.

Saints game will tell the true story though, if we beat them then we might just be ahead of schedule and in the playoffs this year. But if we lose (blowout or close) then you'll see another 2011 situation especially with the upcoming schedule and we are on to the 2018 draft by mid December.

4 hours ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

Maybe, but they also lost their offensive coordinator in Shanahan. Jury still out on Sarkasian.

Very good point, but I'll add fans were complaining about the use of Freeman last season as well, and the SB.

just like Martz stopped using Faulk for the Pats first SB win.

7 minutes ago, leonbus23 said:

What good teams have the Bills played this year?

Panthers? Maybe?

In other words, we haven't played any good teams this year. Just a bunch of average teams. And there aren't that many good teams this year (so far). Maybe the Pats*, Steelers, Saints, Chiefs, Eagles, Rams. But then again, Pats* got slaughtered and almost lost a couple more; Steelers got destroyed by Jax and almost lost the Browns; Saints are on a streak, but lost a couple; Rams almost lost to the 49ers. So, it's hard to say who is truly a good team. I guess the Eagles!

Is Jax good? Seattle? Dallas? Minn? 

So, it almost seems pointless to note  that the Bills have not beaten any good teams. I think it is far more accurate to say that the Bills beat a few average teams and the Bills are pretty average. 

Still 8 more weeks. 

You mad, bro?

(brought to you by @BringBackFergy)

19 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

yeah, might as well give up on the season at the halfway point. 

I am not giving up on the season so please do not put words in my mouth. I was just stating my opinion and if bothered you  then I'm sorry. I'm a Bills fan and I have not and will not ever give up on them. I do hope that the Bill make the playoffs just like you do.

7 minutes ago, The Monk said:

I am not giving up on the season so please do not put words in my mouth. I was just stating my opinion and if bothered you  then I'm sorry. I'm a Bills fan and I have not and will not ever give up on them. I do hope that the Bill make the playoffs just like you do.

just feel sorry for the other poster who gets all upset about this kind of chatter.

39 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Unfortunately this is looking like the case. Another grand deception so to speak because we beat some teams early in the season who were very good last year (i.e. Falcons, Raiders) but not so much this year.

Saints game will tell the true story though, if we beat them then we might just be ahead of schedule and in the playoffs this year. But if we lose (blowout or close) then you'll see another 2011 situation especially with the upcoming schedule and we are on to the 2018 draft by mid December.

I had another poster on here accusing me of giving up on the season and that is not true at all. All I was doing was looking at the reality of the Bills season. I hope I'm wrong and  that the Bills do make the playoffs because I'm just as sick of this drought as any Bills fan.

2 minutes ago, The Monk said:

I had another poster on here accusing me of giving up on the season and that is not true at all. All I was doing was looking at the reality of the Bills season. I hope I'm wrong and  that the Bills do make the playoffs because I'm just as sick of this drought as any Bills fan.

It's just being realistic and rational about the situation.

This team has certainly played well and accomplished some good things so far this year, but most of it is a bi-product of an extremely weak 1st half schedule in hindsight looking at the records of the teams we've beat. And still think if this team was a real playoff contender they would be as good as 7-1 right now and certainly capable of beating the Jets last week and Bengals.

I also hope I'm wrong but my intuition and gut instinct sees another epic collapse coming because just like in years past, this team has peaked and won't be able to play any better than they have in the 2nd half of the season when real contenders separate themselves. Not saying every game the rest of the way will be against the Jets, the main difference is we won't be able to win the close games we did against weaker competition. Instead the better teams left on the schedule will put us away and win the tight games.

33 minutes ago, The Monk said:

sorry to offend you. just calling it as I saw it. I was not upset about your outlook as that other poster in row 33 may of claimed. you want to have a poor outlook halfway through the season and claim it being a realist, be my guest.

13 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

As brilliantly pointed out by YOLO on another thread, the Jets, Falcons, and Raiders would all be over .500 if they hadn't been beaten by the Bills.

Something to think about. :)

of course since they were beaten by Bills they cannot be any good.

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 12:41 PM, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

sorry to offend you. just calling it as I saw it. I was not upset about your outlook as that other poster in row 33 may of claimed. you want to have a poor outlook halfway through the season and claim it being a realist, be my guest.

First of all you did not offend me and secondly you must be totally blind because you don't have any clue of what you are talking about because I do not have a poor outlook because I am very excited with the way The Bills are playing. And yes I am a realist and will continue to be. 

Edited by The Monk