9 wins will get Bills to playoffs if....

Big Turk

They beat the right teams...Chargers game is key.  If the beat the Chargers, Colts and Dolphins twice regardless of what elae happens Bills have a 92% chance of making the playoffs.  If they get to 9 and swap the Saints and Chargers games for wins and losses their chances drop to 60%.

If they manage to get to 10 wins they make the playoffs 99% of the time and it wont matter who the wins come against...

Bills in the best position in a long time to end drought as the rest of the AFC is mostly bad this year...they need to take advantage...

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

A for effort but man a lot of things have to go right.   

Lets strive for 10 .  

10 would be ideal...but it is good news to know that if we lose to a mighty hot Saints team, all is not lost...have to take care of the remaining AFC games.

Obviously we all want us to beat this Saints team, and theres a 50/50 chance we could. This is a refreshing take about only getting to 9 wins though...something that SHOULD really be attainable (and would set up a HUGE week 17 for the Bills).

Lets start the march to 10 though by getting a big win this weekend! DEFEND OUR DIRT

2 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

BBFS 
Give me 10 and I'll feel more secure. 

Well of course, if you don´t feel secure with a 99% chance then the Bills have damage you really bad. I know that we are talking abour our Bills and that 1% is very Billsy, but comm´on we have to make it eventually.

7 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Most popular words in December:

"Who do we need to lose"

"if the Bills win the last 6 and 45 games go our way (20 of them like Cleveland winning at a motivated Foxboro) then they go to tiebreakers" then the playoff machine might work out.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, row_33 said:

"if the Bills win the last 6 and 45 games go our way (20 of them like Cleveland winning at a motivated Foxboro) then they go to tiebreakers" then the playoff machine might work out.

LOL. Funny thing is, I think that happened two years ago. We controlled our own destiny when a bunch of other teams lost....and then we proceeded to **** the bed.

2 minutes ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

I really hope we pull this off.

Its been so long I almost cant even remember the last time the Bills were clutch

CBF

I agree CBF. The last 17 years have just blurred into one long bi*c* fest and I can't remember what it feels like to have our team sniffing the playoffs realistically. I know we were "close the year we played the Steelers in the finally, but that team wasn't as good as this team is and knew then when we were playing their backups we were going to suck it up and lose. 

• Like (+1) 1

Call me naïve, but I am optimistic for our chances.

However wouldn't it be funny if we beat the difficult teams (Chiefs, Patriots 2x, Saints), and lost to the bad teams the other 4, and didn't get in? That would be the most Billsy way to miss the playoffs. I mean at the beginning of the season would you see us:

Beating:

Broncos

Falcons

Buccanears

Raiders

Saints

Patriots

Chiefs

And losing to:

Jets

Dolphins

Colts

Bengals

Panthers

Chargers

Which brings me to my final point. Last years schedule is meaningless, so don't bother whining in April about how we have a tough one.

33 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

We all realize the Chargers game is a MUST WIN...but do the Buffalo Bills? Hate to say it but our ability to win clutch games on the West Coast is suspect.

When was the last time we had a clutch game on the West coast?

Just now, What a Tuel said:

Call me naïve, but I am optimistic for our chances.

However wouldn't it be funny if we beat the difficult teams (Chiefs, Patriots 2x, Saints), and lost to the bad teams the other 4, and didn't get in? That would be the most Billsy way to miss the playoffs. I mean at the beginning of the season would you see us:

Beating:

Broncos

Falcons

Buccanears

Raiders

Saints

Patriots

Chiefs

And losing to:

Jets

Dolphins

Colts

Bengals

Panthers

Chargers

Which brings me to my final point. Last years schedule is meaningless, so don't bother whining in April about how we have a tough one.

Ive been saying this for year's...nobody seems to listen tho..every year iys the some thing...."Oh look how hard oir schedule is next year" and then half those teams end up not being good

I was thinking about this scenario last night as well.  If we concede two losses to the Pats*** and a loss at KC, the other five games are very winnable and taking even four out of those five makes it more likely than not the playoff drought ends.  Win all five and it's a virtual certainty.

(and by the way, I hate conceding any games, just trying to take the most critical view -- KC has not looked unbeatable lately and even though the Pats*** are winning they've been far from impressive)