Bills Chargers Most Important of next 4 games

corta765

I will not go into my feelings on team after Thursdays disaster, but running through playoff simulators (nfl playoff predictor is fantastic) the most important game coming up is that Chargers game. NOLA may be the most winnable because they are home and KC/NE odds are against us pretty hard, but realistically playoff wise beating the Chargers matters tenfold more. If the Bills beat the Chargers it basically reverses the loss they had conference wise to the Jets. Even with losses to KC/NE if the Bills go 9-7 and the remaining wins are LAC, MIA 2x, & IND their odds are like 70%+. BUT if they beat NOLA but lose to the Chargers they get killed in tie breakers in 9-7 scenarios.

Soo while I am not discrediting the importance of a win this weekend, the game that really is the end all be all looks to be the Chargers realistically. If they win that get excited, if they lose you can panic.

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

The Chargers game has had loss written all over it for weeks now IMO. That was well before the Jets debacle on the road. I feel much better going against the Saints this week. 

Don't say that! I spent a lot of money on some good seats for that game!

I agree with this only because of the wild card ramifications, but if the Bills go only go 1-3 in the next 4 that puts them at 6-6 with 2 games against the dolphins and one against the Pats left and no way we are sweeping those games (assuming an Indy home win in there well) to finish 10-6.

Absolute worse Bills need to go 2-2 in the next four to have any real playoff shot.

24 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

I agree with this only because of the wild card ramifications, but if the Bills go only go 1-3 in the next 4 that puts them at 6-6 with 2 games against the dolphins and one against the Pats left and no way we are sweeping those games (assuming an Indy home win in there well) to finish 10-6.

Absolute worse Bills need to go 2-2 in the next four to have any real playoff shot.

If they can go 2-2 in the next 4 then I will believe like no other the drought ends. AFC really is pretty average so the chance is there. But if they go 1-3 and the only win is the Saints it's really hard to see them in the WC because of the tie breaking ramifications.

23 minutes ago, corta765 said:

If they can go 2-2 in the next 4 then I will believe like no other the drought ends. AFC really is pretty average so the chance is there. But if they go 1-3 and the only win is the Saints it's really hard to see them in the WC because of the tie breaking ramifications.

Yep, these next 4 will pretty much determine the season and whether or not it's 2011 all over again or close to 2014 when we last finished above .500

The way the AFC is going 9-7 might get us in the tourney but still think 10 wins is a must to ensure it.

6 minutes ago, Jpsredemption said:

And the Chargers will beat the tar out of the Bills. West coast trip, an improving Charger team with a good qb and a descending Bills team. All the makings of a blowout.

Yes we have historically not played well against the Chargers regardless of the venue.

And ironically the last time (and only time) we beat them with Rivers as their QB was the blackout game in buffalo back in 2008 which ironically also came during one of our 5-2 starts that year. We actually were 5-1 after beating the Chargers in that game.

Will likely be a large contingent of Bills fans in attendance but won't be nearly enough to slow down the Chargers who actually are still in very good position to win the AFC West now with KC losing 3 of 4 and simply not looking good either which is why I think we have a real shot to win that game if we can figure out how to play better on the road.

It looks like there is a very strong chance the Bills can get in with 9 wins IF they beat the right teams:

If the Bills beat the Chargers,Colts and Dolphins twice, they get in at 9-7 92% of the time...

If the Bills beat the Chargers, Chiefs, Colts and Dolphins once they get in 88% of the time...

But even if the Bills beat the Saints and then lose to the Chiefs and Chargers only beating the Dolphins twice and the Colts, we STILL have a 60% chance of getting in with 9 wins...

If we can somhow get to 10, we have a near 100% chance of getting in...but it definitely looks like 9 wins will get you in in the AFC this year...

41 minutes ago, Jpsredemption said:

And the Chargers will beat the tar out of the Bills. West coast trip, an improving Charger team with a good qb and a descending Bills team. All the makings of a blowout.

we should keep a tab of all these negative know it all predictions.  and if you get more than 50% wrong in one season you should be banned from the city of Buffalo. 

51 minutes ago, Jpsredemption said:

:lol: Mmm-kay, Debbie Downer. If they do blow us out, it will be a first for the Chargers who usually beat themselves. Besides it will be a Bills home game. #BillsMafia 

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Rivers is not good anymore. Why do people keep insisting he’s good.

then again neither is josh mccown.

He's not in his prime anymore but certainly still capable of shredding a defense like the Bills with surgical precision.

Either way this year's Chargers team is playing great football after a very tough 0-4 start when they could've and should've won just about all of those contests. And three of them were against playoff contenders to boot.

If we can't win on the road against the Jets and Bengals we certainly aren't going to the west coast and winning against the Chargers regardless of their half assed home field advantage this year.

30 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

It looks like there is a very strong chance the Bills can get in with 9 wins IF they beat the right teams:

If the Bills beat the Chargers,Colts and Dolphins twice, they get in at 9-7 92% of the time...

If the Bills beat the Chargers, Chiefs, Colts and Dolphins once they get in 88% of the time...

But even if the Bills beat the Saints and then lose to the Chiefs and Chargers only beating the Dolphins twice and the Colts, we STILL have a 60% chance of getting in with 9 wins...

If we can somhow get to 10, we have a near 100% chance of getting in...but it definitely looks like 9 wins will get you in in the AFC this year...

This.  The Saints this Sunday is almost a free swing.  The Chargers game is a must have.  Win them both I see a fair chance we can still get to 10.  If we only beat the Saints and lose the other 3 we are almost certainly missing out.