Bills Chargers Most Important of next 4 games

corta765

Disagree with the premise of your topic because if we lose to the Saints we fall to 5-4 with no momentum going on the road for two tough games.  We very likely come back from that 5-6 and the season is in a free fall.  We beat the Saints (which will take a great effort in all phases of the game) and go on the road with a good deal of confidence at 6-3, anything is possible.  I think we match up well against the Saints on a cold rainy day type of game.  Similar to the Packers game in 2014 when we stuffed Rodgers.  I will then be real interested to see what the coaching staff does differently going on the road after the garbage performances in Carolina, Cinci and New York.  Having Benjamin and Clay should help make the offense more aggressive.  I think McDermott has coached scared on the road.  Didn't we punt on 4th and 2 or 3 inside the Jets 45 early in the game?  I thought that was a weak ass call on his part. 

Realistically knowing how the team played against the Jets, we have to come back and take it to the Saints from the opening kickoff.  Make them not want to be out in the cold.  Looking at who we have beaten this year, our 5-3 record is nothing special.  A mediocre Jets team, that then kicked our ass.  A lousy Broncos team.  A very ordinary Falcons team, a terrible Buccaneer team, and a very mediocre Raiders team.  So I think this week will tell us all we need to know about the 2017 Buffalo Bills.  A fiesty bunch that is not overly talented.  But get Clay and Benjamin on the field, and things could look a lot better.  But the O line.....Ugh!

And anyone who doesn't think a strong QB makes a huge difference, watch the Rams and Eagles play.   

10 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

This.  The Saints this Sunday is almost a free swing.  The Chargers game is a must have.  Win them both I see a fair chance we can still get to 10.  If we only beat the Saints and lose the other 3 we are almost certainly missing out.  

How does 60% mean almost certainly missing out? Its still a better than 50/50 chance

4 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Disagree with the premise of your topic because if we lose to the Saints we fall to 5-4 with no momentum going on the road for two tough games.  We very likely come back from that 5-6 and the season is in a free fall.  We beat the Saints (which will take a great effort in all phases of the game) and go on the road with a good deal of confidence at 6-3, anything is possible.  I think we match up well against the Saints on a cold rainy day type of game.  Similar to the Packers game in 2014 when we stuffed Rodgers.  I will then be real interested to see what the coaching staff does differently going on the road after the garbage performances in Carolina, Cinci and New York.  Having Benjamin and Clay should help make the offense more aggressive.  I think McDermott has coached scared on the road.  Didn't we punt on 4th and 2 or 3 inside the Jets 45 early in the game?  I thought that was a weak ass call on his part. 

Realistically knowing how the team played against the Jets, we have to come back and take it to the Saints from the opening kickoff.  Make them not want to be out in the cold.  Looking at who we have beaten this year, our 5-3 record is nothing special.  A mediocre Jets team, that then kicked our ass.  A lousy Broncos team.  A very ordinary Falcons team, a terrible Buccaneer team, and a very mediocre Raiders team.  So I think this week will tell us all we need to know about the 2017 Buffalo Bills.  A fiesty bunch that is not overly talented.  But get Clay and Benjamin on the field, and things could look a lot better.  But the O line.....Ugh!

And anyone who doesn't think a strong QB makes a huge difference, watch the Rams and Eagles play.   

Week to week momentum is vastly overrated

2 hours ago, SaviorPeterman said:

I agree with this only because of the wild card ramifications, but if the Bills go only go 1-3 in the next 4 that puts them at 6-6 with 2 games against the dolphins and one against the Pats left and no way we are sweeping those games (assuming an Indy home win in there well) to finish 10-6.

Absolute worse Bills need to go 2-2 in the next four to have any real playoff shot.

Both the offense and defense look exposed last week. The relative health of the roster is good. The weakness of the run defense and the problems a 5 man front presents will need an answer.... or it's going to be loooong second half

1 hour ago, Jpsredemption said:

And the Chargers will beat the tar out of the Bills. West coast trip, an improving Charger team with a good qb and a descending Bills team. All the makings of a blowout.

One week ago we were a skyrocketing team. Then got pummeled. After next week we will be a totally different team again because at home we're not likely to be pummeled. The NFL is topsy turvy to begin with and even more so this year. 

55 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

One week ago we were a skyrocketing team. Then got pummeled. After next week we will be a totally different team again because at home we're not likely to be pummeled. The NFL is topsy turvy to begin with and even more so this year. 

Ladies and Gentlemen !!!

After many decades of Free Agency

Parity in the NFL has arrived 

1 hour ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Honestly I dont care about momentum. If that was the case the Bills shouldve shredded the Jets Thursday night after whopping the Raiders. The Chargers game sits there as the big one of the next three after NOLA given KC/NE realistically would be stunning to win either.

Someone commented that the Saints is basically a free swing which I like. Win Sunday and it helps the goal to get to 10. But it still doesn't remove the Chargers as the team we have the best shot against in the next 3 and who we have to take advantage of if we want to make the playoffs.

10 minutes ago, corta765 said:

Honestly I dont care about momentum. If that was the case the Bills shouldve shredded the Jets Thursday night after whopping the Raiders. The Chargers game sits there as the big one of the next three after NOLA given KC/NE realistically would be stunning to win either.

Someone commented that the Saints is basically a free swing which I like. Win Sunday and it helps the goal to get to 10. But it still doesn't remove the Chargers as the team we have the best shot against in the next 3 and who we have to take advantage of if we want to make the playoffs.

Yep - Saints is a free swing, although given past history for both the Bills and McDermott vs. the Saints, the free swing is against Clayton Kershaw. 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, SaviorPeterman said:

I agree with this only because of the wild card ramifications, but if the Bills go only go 1-3 in the next 4 that puts them at 6-6 with 2 games against the dolphins and one against the Pats left and no way we are sweeping those games (assuming an Indy home win in there well) to finish 10-6.

Absolute worse Bills need to go 2-2 in the next four to have any real playoff shot.

We need to go 1-0 in our next game. More look ahead crystal ball nonsense threads.  Unbelievable?