Know of any Bills fans that don't like wings?

Another Fan

2 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

standard rule. even now living in the south land...bleu cheese my man, always!

Some of the blue cheese down here tastes about the same as Ranch. Basically mayo in a bowl. Yeech.

I will go into a new bar, or any time I am in a different city, which is a lot, of both, and I will almost invariably order the wings if they have them on the menu, as long as they don't have some demented variant on the simple chicken wing in their description. I will invariably ask the bartender or server if the wings are good and they will invariably say yes. They will invariably suck balls, and I will eat them anyway. And then I will invariably lather, rinse, repeat.

8 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

I love wings and can eat a bunch.  But I’m not always happy about it the next morning so it’s usually a once/twice a year thing now.

We had dinner at some friends one time and the husband was a British guy who made Indian food. He advised us to “pop a roll of toilet tissue in the freezer when you get home, you’ll want it in the morning!”  

Wild night! The host/chef and a few other people were in the rock ‘n roll HOF and we counted wine by the case, not the bottle. When Mustang Sally broke out I finally really appreciated that song.....in his foyer/living room. 

My wife has a knack for meeting interesting people. 

6 hours ago, Augie said:

A guy came into a bar and sat down next to me and ordered wings, hot. They warned him that “hot is VERY HOT’. He said “that’s why God invented beer”. They came out not with traditional “sauce” but some kind of a dry rub. During the 1st wing I asked how they were. He said “fine”. During the second wing he said “the heat builds on you”. During the 3rd wing he ordered his 3rd beer. By the 4th wing he had tears running down his face and he was blowing his nose and wiping sweat from his forehead. 

He can’t say they didn’t warn him! It was quite amusing to watch! I stay away from “I DARE YOU” food.  

A lifetime ago I used to tend bar at a country club. The chef and I were the definition of "frenemies" before the word existed. I pissed him off about something one day without realizing it. As retribution he sent out a plate of wings for me to eat under the guise that he had made some extra, and I looked busy, blah, blah, blah.  He made excellent wings, so I wasn't about to turn them down. 

I ate the first one, and it had an odd sweet flavor to his seemingly otherwise standard hot sauce, but was pretty good, and I was starving, so I plowed through about 3 of them in a minute or less without thinking.  The bar had a surge, so I put the plate down, walked up to the bar, and opened my mouth to take an order. As soon as the air hit my mouth for a few seconds, tears started streaming out of my eyes and my nose started running. Turns out he put a little sugar in them to hide the fact that he'd also put every hot thing he could find in the sauce, including about half a bottle of Dave's Insanity Sauce. That's when I realized every chef in the kitchen was peeking out the swinging door laughing.

I think I tried every "remedy" you could think of that night to get my mouth to stop burning to no avail. It didn't help that I finished the plate of wings to prove a point... the point, in hindsight, being that I'm a masochistic idiot who didn't want to waste the wings.

3 hours ago, The Dean said:

:o

Never been to the Bufftown? Well then, you really have never had wings, then.  Though, IMO, beef on weck is the top "local" food. 

Well, my fellow Bills fans/friends have made Buffalo Wings made with sauce from Buffalo, so in a way i have had them.

Also, I have had beef on weck at one of the San Diego Bills Backers tailgates, when they had food catered from Buffalo, and I loved it.

1 hour ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I will go into a new bar, or any time I am in a different city, which is a lot, of both, and I will almost invariably order the wings if they have them on the menu, as long as they don't have some demented variant on the simple chicken wing in their description. I will invariably ask the bartender or server if the wings are good and they will invariably say yes. They will invariably suck balls, and I will eat them anyway. And then I will invariably lather, rinse, repeat.

Invariably!  Dilly Dilly!!

24 minutes ago, Augie said:

If you have to ask for crispy wings, you are NOT in a good wing joint.  Grrrrrrrr! 

Good wings are great! Flabby wings are nasty azz garbage! 

You are correct.

However, unless I am in a place I know, and trust, I ALWAYS (and I rarely use that word) ask for them to be "crispy"...if they look confused I say "well done...the cook should know what it means". Even then, I occasionally get wings that are flabby. I do the same thing when I order pizza, at somewhere other than I know and trust "well done/crispy bottom" whatever it takes to give them the best opportunity to make me something I will like.  :rolleyes:

So funny, people LOVE our wings we do at the tailgate after Bills games. 375 degree oil, plop the wings in the oil. cook for 10-12 minutes we guess, throw them in a bowl with a little Franks and butter. 

Crispy as hell, well flavored, no muss, no fuss. How can people fug this up?

Edited by plenzmd1

7 hours ago, Meark said:

I love wings! I just don't eat them anymore. I do enjoy some Gardien chick'n tenders with Franks. I also make some mean cauliflower errr wings?

:wacko::wacko::blink::blink::unsure:

12 hours ago, Augie said:

I am equally perplexed. Or....whatever this is....

I will just grill wings on occasion and toss with Texas Pete. Simple, and delicious.  

For a short period of time, Texas Pete's was a scourge around here. Actually, the real scourge was the Texas Pete salesperson. They must have made some crazy deal with a bunch of places, to be their only hot sauce. I'd go to a place, ask for Tabasco only to be told, "We only have Texas Pete's."  WTF? Happened too many times for it to be an innocent coincidence, IMO. To me, Pete's is just too tame and flavorless to be used as a Tabasco replacement. Fortunately,  that practice seems to have stopped. Hardly see Texas Pete around here, anymore.

I have similar (but more strongly negative) feelings about Sriracha. For a while,  a couple taco shops had that as their only bottled hot sauce. Really? No Mexican or TexMex style sauces? Nothing actually hot?

That's why there are always several kinds of hot sauces in the trunk of my car.

4 minutes ago, The Dean said:

For a short period of time, Texas Pete's was a scourge around here. Actually, the real scourge was the Texas Pete salesperson. They must have made some crazy deal with a bunch of places, to be their only hot sauce. I'd go to a place, ask for Tabasco only to be told, "We only have Texas Pete's."  WTF? Happened too many times for it to be an innocent coincidence, IMO. To me, Pete's is just too tame and flavorless to be used as a Tabasco replacement. Fortunately,  that practice seems to have stopped. Hardly see Texas Pete around here, anymore.

I have similar (but more strongly negative) feelings about Sriracha. For a while,  a couple taco shops had that as their only bottled hot sauce. Really? No Mexican or TexMex style sauces? Nothing actually hot?

There is a time and a place for each of those hot sauces. I never thought of the trunk of may car as the “place”. Hats off to you, sir! 

36 minutes ago, The Dean said:

In the glove compartment for me :lol:

I share your sentiments regarding Sriracha.  But I also am not a big fan of ketchup, which is what Sriracha basically is as far as I'm concerned.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, The Dean said:

I'm actually new to the world of Texas Pete's.  I like it a lot, but not on everything.  They make an extra hot sauce that packs a nice punch.

I went to a diner for breakfast one time and asked for Tabasco.  All they had was Frank's.  Frank's is the LAST sauce I'd put on my eggs.

Every sauce has its place.  I agree that Sriracha on Mexican doesn't sound good to me at all and I'll use any number of hot sauces on Mexican food.

• Like (+1) 1