Week 10: Saints' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced with Gaines Out

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

Well, it's always easier to say than to do...I actually think that Buffalo's back-7 is fairly well-equipped to match up with NO's passing game.

I'm much more worried about their ability to hold up against the run.  The Dareus trade left them without a bona fide run-stopper in the middle, and teams know it.

No doubt about that from my perspective.  They will also be tested in the passing game with Kamara and Fleener matching up against Bills' LBs.

I know others have asked but I will ask again: Does anyone know if there is a reason this thread is not pinned?  Like many others I am sure, I use this thread as a go to each week for the latest information on the coming game and some reasonable conversation.  It is a pain to have to hunt for it.  

39 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Speaking of QB pressure or lack thereof:

Yeah our lack of pressure's been worrying me - that's a big reason why we're 26th in passing D in the league. Hughes and Lawson needs to do more. 

New Orleans Saints (6-2) at Buffalo Bills (5-3)

Sunday, 1 p.m., Fox

Against the Jets, the Bills suddenly forgot how to protect Tyrod Taylor, and that weakness exposed all the other weaknesses in this offense. They should get Kelvin Benjamin this week following the too-short turnaround after his trade. They at least should be more of a challenge to a Saints defense that has performed well against some … questionable opposition the last three weeks (Brett Hundley, Mitchell Trubisky, an injured Jameis Winston/Ryan Fitzpatrick).

Prediction: Saints, 26-23

11-7: Travaris Cadet on the John Murphy Show (14:47)

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

9 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

New Orleans Saints (6-2) at Buffalo Bills (5-3)

Sunday, 1 p.m., Fox

Against the Jets, the Bills suddenly forgot how to protect Tyrod Taylor, and that weakness exposed all the other weaknesses in this offense. They should get Kelvin Benjamin this week following the too-short turnaround after his trade. They at least should be more of a challenge to a Saints defense that has performed well against some … questionable opposition the last three weeks (Brett Hundley, Mitchell Trubisky, an injured Jameis Winston/Ryan Fitzpatrick).

Prediction: Saints, 26-23

11-7: Travaris Cadet on the John Murphy Show (14:47)

Frankly I am ok with being the underdog.....

and of course the only thing they are focusing on is Kelvin Benjamin....we we might actually get back EJ Gaines and Clay as well

6 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

Well, it's always easier to say than to do...I actually think that Buffalo's back-7 is fairly well-equipped to match up with NO's passing game.

I'm much more worried about their ability to hold up against the run.  The Dareus trade left them without a bona fide run-stopper in the middle, and teams know it.

But how did we manage to stop other run teams when Dareus only played 1/4 of the snaps? I think we have the horses. We just have to adjust what we've been doing.  The other part answer is keeping the ball away from the Saints offense. Ball possession with KB!

12 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

But how did we manage to stop other run teams when Dareus only played 1/4 of the snaps? I think we have the horses. We just have to adjust what we've been doing.  The other part answer is keeping the ball away from the Saints offense. Ball possession with KB!

I don't have the stat in front of me, but I believe that the run defense averaged a yard-and-a-half less per carry with Dareus on the field than they did without him.

4 hours ago, CanadianFan said:

Yeah our lack of pressure's been worrying me - that's a big reason why we're 26th in passing D in the league. Hughes and Lawson needs to do more. 

....why is that?....what Frazier afraid of?........Schwartz did a fine job mixing in blitzes when he was here........unless I've been sleeping, don't recall much from Frazier.....

26 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Another poor performance like that and the crticisms of McBeane about trading Dareus in the middle of a good season will be out in full force.... yea I know, Dareus sucks and is a fat piece of **** who didn't even play a quarter of the snaps when he was here.?

as he should be. I like what he's been doing but that is one move he could of waited until the off season, in my opinion.

ESPN: Saints' most complete team in years a contender in wide-open NFC

With Drew Brees leading the offense and defensive MVP candidate Cameron Jordan on the other side, the Saints are a Super Bowl threat.

ESPN: What We Learned: The case for Sean McDermott as Coach of the Year

McDermott's case was stronger a week ago, before the Bills committed 11 penalties and doubled their season turnover total in a Thursday night loss to the Jets.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz