Do we try to resign Thompson?

The juice

39 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

I'd like to have him re-signed. He won't be expensive to keep.

The bigger issue will be if the Bills re-sign Jordan Matthews.

I can see Jordan Matthews being the odd man out now that they traded for Kelvin Benjamin. I wouldn't be surprised to see Matthews and Holmes gone after this year. Benjamin, Zay, and Thompson are a pretty good combo in terms of skillset.

4 minutes ago, LA Grant said:

I can see Jordan Matthews being the odd man out now that they traded for Kelvin Benjamin. I wouldn't be surprised to see Matthews and Holmes gone after this year. Benjamin, Zay, and Thompson are a pretty good combo in terms of skillset.

I hope that’s not the plan. I hope we find a way to keep Mathews 

Just now, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Benjamin, Matthews and Zay are all possession receivers, even though Benjamin is a level above them. We don't need three of them. Two will suffice. We need a speed demon playmaker type to complement Benjamin and Zay. 

2 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

1 hour ago, Paul Costa said:

No brainer to me he’s solid And shouldn’t cost much. Put money into Matthews and Benjamin extensions.

I agree. If we keep all of these guys, then we don't have to worry about using a high draft pick on a WR.

3 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

I'd like to have him re-signed. He won't be expensive to keep.

The bigger issue will be if the Bills re-sign Jordan Matthews.

He'll have his good moments during the rest of the season but I've seen enough of Jordan Molasses.  

Tyrod gives him a good throw close to his body before halftime and he can't get away from an ordinary DB to gain a few yards(then fumbles)........so Tyrod leads him a little bit later in the game to give him some impetus and it goes thru his outstretched hands.   

Not good enough.

I hope they let him walk and don't give him an Eric Wood/Chris Kelsay "good soldier" contract.

Matthews 6'3 for sure I want him back. I think the floor salary is Woods 5 year $34M.  Just 2018 salary cap might be tight so a signing bonus spread over 5 years makes his 2018 salary low for cap purpose. 

If he stays healthy he should put up 600-700 yards in 10-11 games and 5 TD's or so.

That's a lotta' production from a guy with wheels, that blocks, returns kicks and has a good attitude.

It will be interesting to see what kind of FA offers he gets.........might get knocked for being only a fit for a rare high quality deep ball thrower like Taylor.......or might get a nice contract.

.....biggest team deficiency here has been the WR corp........kid showed promise back in 2015 before injury settlement.........comes back and has a helluva game with him & TT in sync......why let him go?......Thompson, Matthews (when healthy), Zay rounding into form and growing his confidence along with Holmes' surprising breakout game seems to be a decent corp to me to build upon....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy