Missed Milano Tonight

I don't understand why we treat Alexander as a 3 down LB. He needs to be rotated in and out, I much prefer Milano to be in on passing downs and let Alexander come in to rush the passer in situational downs. Makes no sense.

Love Humber, love that he is getting his shot after years of teams. But I kind of feel rookie Milano brought us some extra energy. Missed seeing him out there tonight, and I wonder if he shouldn't start. I would be tempted if I was McDermott.

There were multiple run plays where Humber missed the back in the hole. He was probably responsible for about 75 rushing yards. I missed Milano terribly.

I agree with your take on this. I think we missed Milano on the field tonight. I'd actually like to see Preston, Milano and Humber at LB and perhaps add Lorenzo to the pass rush rotation.

I like this idea.

Alexander has no business being in pass coverage, he's much better as a pass rusher.

Milano was playing extremely well, you dont pull that kind of production off the field, especially in a Rookie. You let him play and learn.

The only time you do that for a Rookie is if the game appears too big for him. Let him mature a bit, but when hes playing like he was, you let him grow through the process and get better and stronger and smarter.

I don't understand why we treat Alexander as a 3 down LB. He needs to be rotated in and out, I much prefer Milano to be in on passing downs and let Alexander come in to rush the passer in situational downs. Makes no sense.

Alexander IS in and out a lot. I'm not sure on what downs, but he rotates out a lot.

I agree that Milano looks good and might help, but I wouldn't take Humber off the field. I think he played very well last night. I'd rotate MIlano for Alexander.

But I don't understand, and I think most others don't either, how the linebacker rotation is supposed to work. There's a reason they have the guys on the field that they have.

One other thing: I think McDermott had veteran linebackers in Carolina. I think he values experience, which may be why we're seeing a lot of Alexander and Humber.

15 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

Alexander IS in and out a lot. I'm not sure on what downs, but he rotates out a lot.

I agree that Milano looks good and might help, but I wouldn't take Humber off the field. I think he played very well last night. I'd rotate MIlano for Alexander.

But I don't understand, and I think most others don't either, how the linebacker rotation is supposed to work. There's a reason they have the guys on the field that they have.

One other thing: I think McDermott had veteran linebackers in Carolina. I think he values experience, which may be why we're seeing a lot of Alexander and Humber.

I wouldn't take humber off the field but Milano needs to play more.  And Humber didn't have a good game.  He was in charge of clogging a lot of the holes that lead to big rushes in that game.  He looked tired and slow.  We need speed on the field at that position, not tired legs like he showed throughout the game.  Sure he made a few plays but he gave up some big ones

There's very little you can take away from Thursday night.  That was a 'burn the film' performance if I've ever seen one.

With that said however the utter lack of a pass rush is going to prove to be the death blow as the Bills face Brees, Brady, Rivers and Alex Smith. Bad things Man!