How would you rate the 2017 Draft so far?

Sky Diver

They've gotten contributions from 4 of the 6 drafted and significant contributions from 2 of those 4. How does that stack up against other rookie classes this year? From where I sit, this past draft was an A.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Honestly and this is not to agree with Petermans biggest fan on here.....you show me a rookie qb that ISNT inconsistant in year 1.....

The best case scenario is that Tyrod continues his play.....Peterman is the backup who has Ryan Fitzpatrick written all over him (very good backup) and they draft a QB to groom....it probably will not be high

I will grant you the first point about rookies being inconsistent.

But for me personally I see Peterman as their 3rd stringer next year.

I think they keep Tyrod, trade up and draft a QB in the first round, and have Peterman as the 3rd.

I guess where we disagree is in what round the Bills draft a QB, and what role Peterman will have with this team.

The highest I think Peterman gets on the depth chart for the future, is being the backup in a few years.

That would be if they draft a QB high, and let Tyrod go after the 2018 season.

Maybe you are right and I'm wrong though, only time will tell.

I guess where we disagree is in what round the Bills draft a QB, and what role Peterman will have with this team.

The highest I think Peterman gets on the depth chart for the future, is being the backup in a few years.

I think Peterman has a great chance to be a very solid backup for years to come. I don't think he will ever be a franchise QB, but I would love to be wrong :)

We drafted a potential stud and steal in the 5th round.

Peteman might not play this year barring injury but I strongly believe he'll be a franchise QB in this league and hopefully for the Bills. My sources are still raving about him during our regular conversations about the Bills and NFL in general.

White Taj Boyd doesn't move the needle for me.

• Tre' White has been fantastic, and the extra 1st in 2018 makes this pick a winner.
  • Zay Jones finally held on to some passes against the Raiders. One game doesn't make a trend, but the receiver known for having great hands may eventually have great hands.
  • Dion Dawkins held the fort on the left side with Glenn healing. We have a lot of depth at Tackle on this team, hence the trade rumors.
  • Milano has played very well in his two starts. What more would you expect from a 5th round rookie? Feels like a steal.
  • Peterman... who knows? He looked pretty comfortable in pre-season that some posters have applied the Franchise QB label. I think it takes more than one good pre-season to get on the HOF ballet, but the coaching staff will know more about Peterman than any of us can.

Overall, this feels like a good draft. I hope that our new scouting organization has a consistent eye for talent.

OK, I'll do it: would you rather have D Watson and no Tre or next year's chiefs #1? Or would you rather have what the Bills have (Tre + pick).

With the way Tre White is playing ( IMO ) is looking like a future pro bowler CB , and ( IMO ) was worth a 10th overall pick , so to get him and a next years 1st was a home run by this FO , Watson looks great so far and may be a franchise QB ,

We drafted a potential stud and steal in the 5th round.

Peteman might not play this year barring injury but I strongly believe he'll be a franchise QB in this league and hopefully for the Bills. My sources are still raving about him during our regular conversations about the Bills and NFL in general.

Man alive Cheats fan. You just can't let it go. Why don't you get back to the Cheats mess board.

I say B+. But its seven weeks into season so it can change dramatically. White has been a stud. If you get two solid starters out of a draft I think its an A. Zay has been a big bust. I think that ends soon if not ended yesterday but up until now hes been awful. Dawkins ok. Milano has been involved in 3-4 big plays, two of which he made great plays on. But hes been pretty decent most of the time and not great. The next years pick is gravy but we dont know who it is yet.

For Whales last draft, and free agents acquisitions. He is a potential Executive of the Year In Absentia candidates. Yes, this was ALL Doug Whaley.

Tré could be the best first round pick weve made in over a decade.

Imo

Milano smells like a typical Whaley pick from the past. Some of the others have a diffferent feel than in the past.

I will grant you the first point about rookies being inconsistent.

But for me personally I see Peterman as their 3rd stringer next year.

I think they keep Tyrod, trade up and draft a QB in the first round, and have Peterman as the 3rd.

How can we make any judgments on Peterman future ( backup / starter/ out of the league) without giving him an opportunity to show us what he is ?

I really hate when people give their opinions on Peterman ( solely based on him being a 5th round pick ) I'm not saying he will ever be a franchise or a decent starter QB in this league ,

He may very well not even be a decent backup ,

But the FACT is we don't know , What happens if Tyrod plays well the rest of the season and we make the playoffs ? And maybe even win a tough road game , I just don't think we're set on anything yet , I'm not even sure we trade up to get a QB ,

Peterman is not in there plans to be a starter. I can almost guarantee you that.

The Bills will have 4 options for QB next year/future

1. Keep Tyrod

2. Trade up in the first round to get a QB

3. Do both those things^

4. Sign a free agent QB like Cousins, Smith, etc..

None involve a raw 5th round pick who was inconsistent in pre season..

The Bills have absolutely no plan to mold Peterman into the starting QB for the future.

I am not sure why you think this guy is the 2nd coming of Tom Brady

When Peterman was originally drafted they might have just looked at him as a developmental prospect, but behind closed doors I can assure you the conversation has changed.

And I still think there are factions within One Bills Drive that would love start him over Taylor if they could. At least that's some of the feedback some sources have mind have passed along.

In any even we are fortunate to have drafted such a stud and I look forward to the day he's starting and hopefully lead the Bills to the promised land. Make no mistake about it though this is Taylors team for now though.

Honestly and this is not to agree with Petermans biggest fan on here.....you show me a rookie qb that ISNT inconsistant in year 1.....

The best case scenario is that Tyrod continues his play.....Peterman is the backup who has Ryan Fitzpatrick written all over him (very good backup) and they draft a QB to groom....it probably will not be high

Mike Mayock said Peterman reminded him of Kirk Cousins. Daniel Jeremiah said if forced, he would predict Peterman as being this year's Dak Prescott. Peterman played very well for a rookie QB in preseason. Also, the Bills clearly have very good offensive coaching staff in place and probably for a long time. So with that being said, that statement made absolutely no sense to me.

How can we make any judgments on Peterman future ( backup / starter/ out of the league) without giving him an opportunity to show us what he is ?

I really hate when people give their opinions on Peterman ( solely based on him being a 5th round pick ) I'm not saying he will ever be a franchise or a decent starter QB in this league ,

He may very well not even be a decent backup ,

But the FACT is we don't know , What happens if Tyrod plays well the rest of the season and we make the playoffs ? And maybe even win a tough road game , I just don't think we're set on anything yet , I'm not even sure we trade up to get a QB ,

I never once said he will be good or bad if you read my posts.

I was saying judging by the Bills having Tyrod and a high amount of draft picks, it is really hard to see the Bills giving the keys to Peterman in the near future, especially considering he was a late round pick just this year

I never once said he will be good or bad if you read my posts.

I was saying judging by the Bills having Tyrod and a high amount of draft picks, it is really hard to see the Bills giving the keys to Peterman in the near future, especially considering he was a late round pick just this year

This new regime won't hesitate giving the keys to Peterman if eventually he shows himself worthy. Their mode of operation is that they don't care about your status, they will do what's in the best interest of the team. Tyrod has been a great story so far this year, but he isn't at franchise QB level yet. So pumped he's playing like he is though. So much excitement back!