Playoffs? Playoffs?? The Playoff Chances Thread

11 minutes ago, fridge said:

Thats pretty low considering we're in 6th. Just goes to show how impossible the playoffs can be when you play the Patriots twice per year.

makes sense when you consider the Ravens and Titans’ creampuff schedules the rest of the way

NYT Playoff Machine update:

If Bills go 9-7 with losses only in the two Pats*** games, playoff odds are at 65%.

If they go 10-6 (beating Pats*** at home) odds jump to 97%

8-8 (any way you slice it) and the odds are under 10%

Bottom line -- the importance of a W this week is significant, but not crucial.  The Colts and Fish twice are must wins.

4 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

Well if the Texans win tonight and the Bills beat the Colts and Miami twice they could still lose twice to the cheatriots and have a 70% chance of a wildcard.

This.  It really looks like Baltimore's going to be the main team to beat for the Wild Card.  They have a soft schedule as well.

3 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

We are at about 60% if we sweep the fish and beat the colts ( I think we drop 1 of those 3). Need the Ravens to lose to the steelers and at least 2 other teams.  

Is that definite? Is there no way the Bills can win a TB vs BAL if they are both 9-7 and the Bills lose both games to NE? With so many games left to be played, that seems unlikely as it will probably be one of the farther down the list tiebreakers. Likely based on some percentage that can't be calculated at this point. 

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

Is that definite? Is there no way the Bills can win a TB vs BAL if they are both 9-7 and the Bills lose both games to NE? With so many games left to be played, that seems unlikely as it will probably be one of the farther down the list tiebreakers. Likely based on some percentage that can't be calculated at this point. 

The ravens are 5-5, I said they need to lose to the steelers and TWO other teams. That would put them at 8-8.

21 hours ago, Bills13131313 said:

What if we were to end up with a tie with Baltimore and the Chiefs? Assuming the chargers win the division (which all of a sudden is very possible) Who does the tiebreaker go to?

The Bills would hold the tie breaker over the Chiefs based on head to head.

Right now Baltimore holds the tie breaker over the Bills based on conference record 5-3 vs 4-3

http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/playoff-picture

On 11/27/2017 at 3:24 PM, ndirish1978 said:

We are at about 60% if we sweep the fish and beat the colts ( I think we drop 1 of those 3). Need the Ravens to lose to the steelers and at least 2 other teams.  

i'm hoping detroit(no.1) because they are still in it...pittsburgh(no.2)  and a dirty hit from cincy's burfict on flacco for (no.3)...and i don't think indy will be a pushover either.

here's to hoping for 8-8 for baltimore.

i also think the bolts are going to win the west.

if we somehow get lucky and get one of those pats games, we will make it. 10-6 is very much a possibility.   more koolaid please