CFB playoff rankings

YoloinOhio

I have never felt the real champion was denied a chance at the title during the BCS era.

1997 was a bad year Michigan and Nebraska going undefeated and slate to contractual Bowl Game wins.

I think that was the last straw.

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 2:18 PM, YoloinOhio said:

Buckeyes are rebuilding but new coach so I’m excited for the season!

The Buckeyes are going to stink this year in basketball, so is Indiana.  Down year for the Big 10 in hoops.  Michigan State is really good, Purdue is good, Whisky & Michigan are decent, dark horse Penn St. 

I also forgot Northwestern, should be in the tournament for the 2nd year in a row. 

Edited by Gordio

I just bought my ticket to fly to Charlotte for the ACC Championship game.  We have our game tickets on order.  The last time we (UM) played Clemson, Clemson blew us out. 

Clemson is very, very good, but we owe them.  Big time. 

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

So the only game of any use is Michigan at Wisconsin this weekend?

I'll try to convince myself Michigan/Ohio St/Mich St/Penn St are really good this year, instead of the probably reality that they are good bad teams.

That is where Gameday is going so looking like the best game. It’s “Cupcake weekend” in CFB. Bama is playing Mercer. You can’t even bet on it in Vegas. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

Bama's game isn't scheduled on my cable package so I figured they were off or stomping some sad school.

Historically a few other games would have been great like UCLA/USC but the Pac12 is a write-off for 2017.

----------------------------------------

have you roadtripped to Camp Randall, Yolo?

Worst of the worst for the Big Ten....

5 hours ago, row_33 said:

Bama's game isn't scheduled on my cable package so I figured they were off or stomping some sad school.

Historically a few other games would have been great like UCLA/USC but the Pac12 is a write-off for 2017.

----------------------------------------

have you roadtripped to Camp Randall, Yolo?

Worst of the worst for the Big Ten....

Yes I went several years ago (JJ watt was still there). It was absolutely terrifying. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

14 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yes I went several years ago (JJ watt was still there). It was absolutely terrifying. 

I was traveling with a Michigan fanbase and you expect the usual idiots at East Lansing and the Columbus Zoo, but that was well beyond decency.

38 minutes ago, row_33 said:

I was traveling with a Michigan fanbase and you expect the usual idiots at East Lansing and the Columbus Zoo, but that was well beyond decency.

Not having ever been, how would you describe it?  Is it how they treat away fans?

For some reason, I thought they had a good atmosphere.  I have seen on TV and videos of how the stadium rocks when they play Jump Around, and I always thought that was pretty cool.

As an aside, I recently was told that Virginia Tech (Blacksburg) is a hospitable and enjoyable place as an away fan.  I was told that they treat people very well.  On the other hand, I also was told by the same person never to go to West Virginia for a game.

16 minutes ago, Peter said:

Not having ever been, how would you describe it?  Is it how they treat away fans?

For some reason, I thought they had a good atmosphere.  I have seen on TV and videos of how the stadium rocks when they play Jump Around, and I always thought that was pretty cool.

As an aside, I recently was told that Virginia Tech (Blacksburg) is a hospitable and enjoyable place as an away fan.  I was told that they treat people very well.  On the other hand, I also was told by the same person never to go to West Virginia for a game.

It's the air you breathe there, it's just the whole thing is a bummer.

Do they do a chant when they come to your stadium? picture it going on for half the game by most of the home stadium, when you have your kid or mother with you.

On 11/17/2017 at 10:49 AM, Peter said:

They hate Ohio State so that had a lot to do with it. But during Jump Around I legit thought I was going to die. The stands literally shake and sway. Fans were throwing things and pouring fireball on us. 

On 11/16/2017 at 9:36 AM, YoloinOhio said:

That is where Gameday is going so looking like the best game. It’s “Cupcake weekend” in CFB. Bama is playing Mercer. You can’t even bet on it in Vegas. 

That's ridiculous at any time of the year, but the weekend before Thanksgiving?   Pathetic.

And even if the one in a million happened and they lost??   They'd still be in the playoff.

Teams are entitled to cupcakes out of conference when they want to schedule them

i would never argue Bama doesn’t face a legit schedule

wolverines stand there like dummies and the dead ball is picked up by the Wisky punt returner for 50 to the house

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

Teams are entitled to cupcakes out of conference when they want to schedule them

wolverines stand there like dummies and the dead ball is picked up by the Wisky punt returner for 50 to the house

I can understand September when teams are still trying to figure things out with personnel due to turnover in college ball, but not in November.  And not teams like Mercer and The Citadel EVER...

On 11/14/2017 at 6:59 PM, Peter said:

I just bought my ticket to fly to Charlotte for the ACC Championship game.  We have our game tickets on order.  The last time we (UM) played Clemson, Clemson blew us out. 

Clemson is very, very good, but we owe them.  Big time. 

Have fun man. As I said on CanesInSight, this team isn't as talented as some in the past, but they play with as much heart as any team I've seen. Came back from 14 down twice today.  They know how to adjust at halftime. 

I'm not a huge Rosier fan as a QB, but when the game is on the line he finds a way to make a play. It's been great watching them this year....GO CANES!!!!

Edited by RaoulDuke79

I tuned in for five seconds and saw that live.... they didn’t show it a second time.

Kansas refused to shake hands at the coin toss and were jerks in their own right, a dumb thing to do when you are going to get crushed.

7 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I can understand September when teams are still trying to figure things out with personnel due to turnover in college ball, but not in November.  And not teams like Mercer and The Citadel EVER...

Meh. Scheduling teams is easier said than done. A lot of variables come into play, and nothing is guaranteed. Even when contractually agreed upon.

I feel dirty for saying this but I hope Michigan beats Ohio St

I want the final records to look like

Alabama 12-0 SEC Champs

Clemson 11-1 ACC Champs

Oklahoma 11-1 Big12 Champs

Wisconsin 11-1

Miami 11-1

Ohio St 10-2 B1G Champs

USC or Washington St 10-2 PAC 12 Champs

Georgia 10-2

Notre Dame 9-2

Then watch the hurdles the committee jumps thru to justify Ohio St at #4.  :lol:

23 hours ago, row_33 said:

I would. Their out of conference schedule is a joke year in and year out and the bottom half of the SEC is as bad as any other major conference.  They are a great team but it's an advantage when you only play 2 or 3 decent teams a year. 

13 hours ago, row_33 said:

Bama and other southern teams have played a 56-0 whipping boy late in the season for 100 years.

And early in the season....and mid-season....

Edited by KD in CA

1 hour ago, /dev/null said:

I feel dirty for saying this but I hope Michigan beats Ohio St

I want the final records to look like

Alabama 12-0 SEC Champs

Clemson 11-1 ACC Champs

Oklahoma 11-1 Big12 Champs

Wisconsin 11-1

Miami 11-1

Ohio St 10-2 B1G Champs

USC or Washington St 10-2 PAC 12 Champs

Georgia 10-2

Notre Dame 9-2

Then watch the hurdles the committee jumps thru to justify Ohio St at #4.  :lol:

Impossible, Ohio st would have 3 losses. The Big 10 would simply be left out if that happened.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

If they win out and Alabama wins out I think that they are in. 

I have heard this but I think they would need to blow the doors off of their next two oppponents, both of whom have very good defenses. I don’t know that they will be considered if they just squeak by either one. 

I feel like they would need to convince the committee that they are somehow a different team than what played on Iowa City. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.