CFB playoff rankings

YoloinOhio

I don't necessarily think so. If that game very close it would be tough to push one of them out.

I think that it is completely dependent on how everything else plays out. I dont think that theyll keep out a 1 loss conference champ in favor of the loser of the SEC title game. If these other teams lose another game or 2 I could see it. I think Alabama and UGA have been the 2 best teams so far but dont necessarily think that they both end up in the playoff.

I think that it is completely dependent on how everything else plays out. I dont think that theyll keep out a 1 loss conference champ in favor of the loser of the SEC title game. If these other teams lose another game or 2 I could see it. I think Alabama and UGA have been the 2 best teams so far but dont necessarily think that they both end up in the playoff.

*championships won* is one of the criteria that they use so I agree, if there is a one loss conference champ - say Oklahoma (now that the big 12 has a championship game again), Ohio State, Clemson - I cant see putting both the winner and loser of the sec championship in.

Also it seems like the committee has taken quality of wins into account more than quality of losses. So if Bama loses to UGA for example, thats a good loss but their best win is 2-5 FSU. UGA has ND, OSU has Penn St, Oklahoma has OSU.

Edited by YoloinOhio

*championships won* is one of the criteria that they use so I agree, if there is a one loss conference champ - say Oklahoma (now that the big 12 has a championship game again), Ohio State, Clemson - I cant see putting both the winner and loser of the sec championship in.

Also it seems like the committee has taken quality of wins into account more than quality of losses. So if Bama loses to UGA for example, thats a good loss but their best win is 2-5 FSU. UGA has ND, OSU has Penn St, Oklahoma has OSU.

To take that last point a step further, if those teams have just 1 loss they will also have beaten Oklahoma State, TCU, Wisconsin, Michigan State, Miami, etc... They may have 2 or 3 wins each better than Bamas best win (presumably Auburn).

Btw, I am going to the Iron Bowl this year. I am pretty excited. Its a bucket list thing for me.

I think it’s tough to leave miami out of top 4 at this point. Undefeated and just beat #13 handily. I think they replace Clemson for now. Wisconsin still hasn’t beaten a ranked opponent so I would have them around 5 or 6. They play Michigan and then should be in B1G title game so will have their chance to move up. I will go with Bama, UGA, Miami, ND for this week. If Wisky flips with ND due to record though I could see that. ND plays Miami this week so that takes care of one of those two.

Wisconsin is in if it runs the table, it can’t be punished for beating a 2 or 3 loss opponent in the Big Ten title game

rhe ACC isn’t respected enough to send 2 to the playoff if there are other options at the time

18 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Wisconsin is in if it runs the table, it can’t be punished for beating a 2 or 3 loss opponent in the Big Ten title game

rhe ACC isn’t respected enough to send 2 to the playoff if there are other options at the time

They will be in if they win out but the committee reveals week to week rankings. I think they will wait until they have beaten someone to put them in. They will have their chance to earn the spot. Right now Nd and Oklahoma will jump them even with a loss imo. It will change ever week. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.